Shadowgrounds: Survivor is Out.... What's Next?

Talk about Frozenbyte, general gaming topics, and everything else.
kneo24

Shadowgrounds: Survivor is Out.... What's Next?

Postby kneo24 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:09 am

I imagine you guys at Frozenbyte are going to support Survivor for a long time, but what are your guys plans after this? A Shadowgrounds 3? An entire new game universe? Just curious.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:05 pm

Edit: Perhaps I revealed a bit too much... ;) Anyway, we love the Shadowgrounds universe and will definitely return to it again, but we also have something else brewing up. Within the next 1-2 years you will see new IP from us and perhaps a new Shadowgrounds game too. Let's see what happens. :)

kneo, we try to continue to be fair with the pricing, i.e. continue on the same path as with the Shadowgrounds series pricing regarding length/features and the price.
Last edited by fb_joel on Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

kneo24

Postby kneo24 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:07 am

To be honest, I don't check the Frozenbyte website out very often, so when you guys at FB plan on releasing more information, I hope you guys do so on these forums.

I won't lie, I don't think the Shadowgrounds series is the best thing ever, but I have enjoyed my experience with the games and found them to be worth what I paid for, which is a rarity in gaming these days.

The only thing that as a gamer and consumer that I can suggest is that make sure the game fits the price tag. You've done that so far with the Shadowgrounds series. They're not terribly long games, however the price tag fits them. I know a lot of developers tend to make games for console these days, and then port the games to the PC. This often leaves the PC gamer with a less than fun experience. The games are shorter, and the game wasn't made to fit very nicely with the PC. So if your guys next games are also going to be smaller games, please let the price reflect that.

Matti

Postby Matti » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:30 pm

fb_joel wrote:we also have something else brewing up.

Is it Iron Sky? :D

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:25 pm

Our lips are sealed. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Morrin

Re: Shadowgrounds: Survivor is Out.... What's Next?

Postby Morrin » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:09 pm

kneo24 wrote:I imagine you guys at Frozenbyte are going to support Survivor for a long time, but what are your guys plans after this? A Shadowgrounds 3? An entire new game universe? Just curious.

I think this topic would be more relevant if I had the change to play survivor first..

kneo24

Postby kneo24 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:49 am

Just because you haven't played the game doesn't make the topic any less relevant.

Morrin

Postby Morrin » Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:52 pm

I suppose I was talking in more personal manner

Return to “General Chat”