Frozenbyte Community forums open, thoughts?

Talk about Frozenbyte, general gaming topics, and everything else.
fb_joel
Site Admin

Frozenbyte Community forums open, thoughts?

Postby fb_joel » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:35 pm

Hi guys,

So we did a redesign of Frozenbyte.com and decided to bring the old Shadowgrounds forums with us - welcome to Frozenbyte Community. As we prepare to announce our new project(s), we'll be adding new forum sections as well.

Comments are welcome but at the time of writing we are still working on the design of this board, so please bear with us for a few days.

Happy posting! :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

ZEUS_GB

Re: Frozenbyte Community forums open, thoughts?

Postby ZEUS_GB » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:54 am

It looks really nice and I like the colour scheme. I've also checked out the new Frozenbyte blog, that was cool.

Everybody can find it > http://frozenbyte.com/2008/03/18/secret ... loper-man/

I've noticed there's no avatar gallery like on the old forums, is this going to be added at a later date?
Check out my retro goodness YouTube channel

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:59 pm

Thanks for the comments - and avatars are back. :) We'll be adding more avatars in the future as well, and possibly the possibility of uploading avatars too.

We also enabled blog comments. Board color scheme retouch should happen later today.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

ZEUS_GB

Postby ZEUS_GB » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:45 pm

I've noticed a problem with the forums. The general chat and the language specific boards don't always appear when you go onto the board index. I had to view my old posts to get to this thread, of course after i'd done that it now displays all the boards on the index.
I've noticed this behaviour a few times.

Also when you try to highlight text with the mouse while in the posting screen you can't, it highlights one letter and that's it.

kneo24

Postby kneo24 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:15 am

It's a very good step in the right direction to grow your community for your current games and any future ones. It also makes it easier to monitor on your guys end.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:03 pm

Zeus, does it still happen now? That's very very odd, we haven't done anything to really change that behaviour of the forum software, so I'm guessing it must be a general bug.

Also what do you mean by highlighting text in the posting screen? You mean dragging the mouse cursor so that the text area becomes "blue" (like when copying text with the mouse)? That may be because of CSS, which is quite common now on many sites. Not sure if there's much we can do about that (I personally dislike this particular behaviour too).

Anyway, thanks guys. We're going to improve the colors a little bit soon also, some texts are perhaps a bit hard to read.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

ZEUS_GB

Postby ZEUS_GB » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:50 am

Yeah that's what I meant. You can highlight text with the keyboard but not with the mouse, seems kinda strange.

Smilies don't appear to work. You click them and nothing happens.

Morrin

Postby Morrin » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:29 pm

The color scheme is really pleasant for eye, but the new thread/seen thread icon is a bit unlcear (or should I dare to say, ugly). A little polishing here and there and it should be just cool.

I like the idea of frozenbyte forum instead of "just shadowgrounds", especially thinking of forum (it was eventual anyway).

:)

Return to “General Chat”