Keyboard localization problem with a game

Talk about Frozenbyte, general gaming topics, and everything else.
Matti

Keyboard localization problem with a game

Postby Matti » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:34 pm

I have problem with game Heavy Gear II: default control settings don't like work with finnish versions of WinXP and keyboard. So default game setting for forward movement is Numpad 8, which I need change to Numeronäppäimistön 8-näppäin in order to get it work. So far so good... but there is also need to change mouse axis! Default for torso twist is MOUSE X-Axis, and its finnish equivalent (on the list) is MOUSE X-akseli. But when I select it, game complains: The current command cannot be bound to your selection.

I found out that key layouts are just text files that can be edited with Notepad (like with SG). That way I got mouse working, but now I have problem with commands that require multiple key presses, like Ctrl+C in first training mission. How to overcome that?

I have also changed OS keyboard layout. No effects in game.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Keyboard localization problem with a game

Postby fb_joel » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:41 pm

Gotta say I have no clue. You could've tried some key codes for the buttons etc, but for the keyboard combinations I really don't know. I'd assume you've checked all the "official" Heavey Gear II sites etc? Such an old game so I wouldn't be surprised if there's not much support to be found...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Matti

Postby Matti » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:32 pm

fb_joel wrote:I'd assume you've checked all the "official" Heavey Gear II sites etc? Such an old game so I wouldn't be surprised if there's not much support to be found...

Official sites may not be around anymore. But it surprises me if there isn't one single finn who hasn't tried the game with finnish localized Windows... Anyways I got mouse axis working. Key combinations are still problem. Maybe I should just sort out most important commands, and assign them behind one key only... Really, hasn't anyone in here played this game and had this problem?

nelleyz

Postby nelleyz » Sat May 30, 2009 8:44 am

How can I get my keyboard to work on the operating system selection menu? My system came with a PS2 keyboard an I have since switched to USB. Is there any way to alter the boot sequence so the USB devices load BEFORE the os?

Return to “General Chat”