Any games by frozenbyte with multi?

Talk about Frozenbyte, general gaming topics, and everything else.
bloobie

Any games by frozenbyte with multi?

Postby bloobie » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:39 am

Just wondering, do any of the games created by Frozenbyte have multiplayer co-op via lan or online? sharing a screen isnt my favorite thing to do, I guess I could get an HDMI splitter, but I would prefer to get two copies of the game instead

*rofl i made a weird title, i am sleep deprived. fixed now

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Any games by frozenbyte with multi?

Postby fb_joel » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:08 pm

Unfortunately, no. That's what people always complain about our games but we've never had the money to do it. :(
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

bloobie

Postby bloobie » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:03 pm

bloobie angry

BLOOBIE SMASH

bloobie

Postby bloobie » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:05 pm

I guess bloobie can just go and purchase trine any whodiddly

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:59 pm

Right thing to do. ^^
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

No Bic

Postby No Bic » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:32 am

Joel, have you guys ever thought of pulling a bunch of all-nighters just to get MP in?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:38 pm

Even if this is a bit old... we have done all-nighters to get games done. It's like six months of work, so it would need a whole lot of all-nighters. ;) And right now people gotta take care of families, kids, other duties and so on, so it's not really possible to spend too much time at work. We're getting old, heh. :mrgreen:

Anyhow, there is finally some light at the end of the tunnel, so I'm pretty sure that someday in the future a Frozenbyte game will have multiplayer. It will take a while though.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Saturn2888

Postby Saturn2888 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:18 pm

Just think of it like playing a old arcade bit games where you have to sit at the machine with others to play. It's a method of community-based gameplay you never see anymore these days, haha. If Frozenbyte was a haughty developer, I could see that being an excuse. I'm sure a company like Sony would jump on that if they didn't already have an online system; I know Nintendo uses phrases like that a lot.

JamesSimon

Postby JamesSimon » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:14 am

hey fb_joel, ever re-considering tie-ing up with bigger companies? i mean, doing it for the budget and money or such.

i know, i am being a prick and all. but mainstream has all the resources and all. i mean, there are somethings we can't do by our lonesome. i know it's political or whatnot, but doing it also gives the fans what they want.

no offense meant. just thinking out loud. thanks for understanding.

humbly,
James
[spam removed]

Saturn2888

Postby Saturn2888 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:21 am

JamesSimon wrote:hey fb_joel, ever re-considering tie-ing up with bigger companies? i mean, doing it for the budget and money or such.

i know, i am being a prick and all. but mainstream has all the resources and all. i mean, there are somethings we can't do by our lonesome. i know it's political or whatnot, but doing it also gives the fans what they want.

no offense meant. just thinking out loud. thanks for understanding.

humbly,
James

I don't mean to butt in, but I don't think you're being a prick. Any suggestion you make for the better of a company is always a good one. Being a prick would be to suggest not to make suggestions.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:10 pm

I'm not quite sure what the idea was though (unless you meant work-for-hire stuff or just co-operating with some other companies - but there's always a catch).

Anyhow, this thread is so old that the info here is sort of outdated. Trine has been a good success and we have finally been able to rewrite our game engine, so Trine 2 will have online multiplayer (co-op) and so will most of our future games too. That's good news. 8)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Saturn2888

Postby Saturn2888 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:14 pm

fb_joel wrote:I'm not quite sure what the idea was though (unless you meant work-for-hire stuff or just co-operating with some other companies - but there's always a catch).

Anyhow, this thread is so old that the info here is sort of outdated. Trine has been a good success and we have finally been able to rewrite our game engine, so Trine 2 will have online multiplayer (co-op) and so will most of our future games too. That's good news. 8)

Congratulations fb_joel! While it makes no difference to me, I'm glad you guys will have this seeping online community now joining in to purchase and talk about your games.

Return to “General Chat”