What games are you playing?

Talk about Frozenbyte, general gaming topics, and everything else.
Wizard

What games are you playing?

Postby Wizard » Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:52 am

So, what games are you playing? I'm mainly playing Neverwinter Nights online, which is fun...for a while before my character gets killed by a group of freaking bats/rats :lol:
Then there's Silent Hunter 3 which is a nice game but boring because it takes so long to get to the place you should be patrolling...and of course, it sucks that my sub always runs out of torpedos. I even had to let one ship get away 'cause I had used my torpedos and I didn't have a deck gun so I didn't had anything I could have used to sink it. Damn it annoyed me :(
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

Qraft

Postby Qraft » Sat Mar 26, 2005 3:00 pm

Well, dont play all that much atm. but i do play a little Half-Life 2 and painkiller, both exelent games. i also play a little Devil May Cry, and im very close to get either Metal Gear Solid 3 or Resident evil 4.... maybe both :)
Game of the year 2006 :D

Wizard

Postby Wizard » Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:34 pm

Have you played any CS:S? It's nice to play it for a while but all those cheaters annoy me (yep, I blame the cheaters that I am always one of the worst players in my team :D)
What kind of game is Metal Gear Solid? Is it like Splinter Cell? I never played it 'cause I don't own any kind of console

Qraft

Postby Qraft » Sun Mar 27, 2005 5:14 pm

i have played a little CS:S, but i suck to much so it aint that much fun :wink:

The Metal Gear Solid series is a sneak games too. I dont think its like Splinte Cellall that much. i like it more beacuse for one thing the story is damn good, it feels like playing a movie :P but dont get it for PC its games that should be played on console. i have Metal Gear Solif for Xbox, Gamecube ans sson for Playstation 2, its that good 8) :D

Wizard

Postby Wizard » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:02 pm

Qraft wrote:i have played a little CS:S, but i suck to much so it aint that much fun :wink:

just blame the cheaters for that :lol:
but dont get it for PC its games that should be played on console.

yeah, I know. Besides, I've heard terrible things about the PC-port like controlling problems etc.
i have Metal Gear Solif for Xbox, Gamecube ans sson for Playstation 2, its that good 8) :D

*cough*metal gear-fanatic*cough* ;)

Qraft

Postby Qraft » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:37 pm

*cough*metal gear-fanatic*cough*

what, me? 8)

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:52 pm

Wish I had some time to actually play games... 8)

Seriously though, Nintendo DS and PSP are taking most of my gaming time now. They're quite perfect for train trips (to work). Ridge Racers has bored me now (awesome but gets boring), so I'll be spending time with Spider-Man 2, Wipeout Pure and Ape Escape - I got them today morning. I also got Yoshi's Touch & Go, and Warioware Touched for the DS. Should keep me busy for weeks.

Oh, and we just played Resident Evil 4 at the office for five hours or so. Or rather, one guy played and the rest just watched. Cool game but not eaxctly to my tastes.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Qraft

Postby Qraft » Wed Mar 30, 2005 10:13 pm

fb_joel wrote:Oh, and we just played Resident Evil 4 at the office for five hours or so. Or rather, one guy played and the rest just watched. Cool game but not eaxctly to my tastes.

What did you just say? thats it, now i dont like preyground anymore :evil:

Naaaahh, just kiddding :wink: i have just order Resident evil 4, but then i love these kinds of games.

I want a DS and PSP :oops: but dont have that much money at the moment.

The game thats makes me wanna buy the DS the most is the new Castlevania game thats comeing to it. Loved Symphony of the night.

Sampo

Postby Sampo » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:22 pm

Right now? Well, several games :)

First: One Must Fall 2097. This fantastic fighting game never bores me :) I've played the tournament mode through now at least dozens of times during the years I have had OMF.

Second: Jazz Jackrabbit 2. Besides I usually design tilesets (with a corny nickname Blade ;) to the platformer, but now I have played it too. It is quite "smooth" to play the game, but at least the add-on episode "The Secret Files" is a nine level episode full of repetition. It sucks :(

I have planned to play other games as well, now that my matriculation examination is over (Finns know it as the ylioppilaskirjoitukset, others as graduation tests :). Most probably I will start I-War 2: Edge of Chaos over again. It seems to be a fun game, but it's quite heavy. You must concentrate to the game more than 15 minutes at one playing session.

Also I will soon play Fallout Tactics. I don't know why, but I think it is at least as good game as Fallout 1 and 2 are. I like the story, the atmosphere, the graphics, everything.

Wizard

Postby Wizard » Thu Mar 31, 2005 7:44 am

Sampo wrote:Second: Jazz Jackrabbit 2. Besides I usually design tilesets (with a corny nickname Blade ;) to the platformer, but now I have played it too. It is quite "smooth" to play the game, but at least the add-on episode "The Secret Files" is a nine level episode full of repetition. It sucks :(

ahh...good old Jazz Jackrabbit. I loved the game :) Never played the add-on episode though
I have planned to play other games as well, now that my matriculation examination is over (Finns know it as the ylioppilaskirjoitukset, others as graduation tests :).
You lucky bastard..I have them next year :P
Also I will soon play Fallout Tactics. I don't know why, but I think it is at least as good game as Fallout 1 and 2 are. I like the story, the atmosphere, the graphics, everything.

You should thank god that there aren't any "true" fallout fans here..if there were they would have ripped you to pieces for what you just said :lol:

Qraft

Postby Qraft » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:37 pm

Just finnished Devil May Cry. Great game, but im gonna wait before i strugle with the second installment. So now i have started to play Disgaea: The Hour Of Darkness. Realy cool strategy game thats alot like Final Fantasy Tactics and Vandal Hearts. Highly recomended if you like that kind of games.

Qraft

Postby Qraft » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:19 pm

I recieved Resident Evil 4 a few days ago, and been paying it like crasy. Damn good game, but now i have finished it :(

Gonna wait a little before i go a second time on it. Maybe i should continue play Silent Hill 4 that i just started play before i recieved Resident Evil 4, or play Resident Evil Zero.

Come on now ppl, tell us what games you are playing. What games does the staff of Frozenbyte, Inc. play?

Sampo

Postby Sampo » Wed May 11, 2005 10:07 pm

Heh :D Never thought of that :P The weird thing is, that I fing nothing to complain about in Fallout Tactics :P And those animated cut-scenes... wow! :)

Right now the game most running on my computer is TrackMania. It is quite fun racing game, especially the desert races. I don't really like driving in the snow scenery and making tracks in Scotland-scene is boring, but the desert is really really nice :P Seems also, that the TrackMania add-on Sunrise is even better than the original game. At least the demo version rocks. The graphics rule and tracks are nice. Music is good.

The other game I was playing earlier was FlatOut. Very short game, but really nice :P I'm not going to tell my crashing stories here, we all have our own in that game. Gotta mention that the FlatOut music fit perfectly to the game. Especially these tracks are the best:

Full Diesel: King of Defeat
No Connection: Love to Hate to Love
No Connection: Living American
April Tears: Little Baby Is Coming
Agent Blue: Someone Else

At least King of Defeat can be downloaded free of charge in the Full Diesel website at http://www.fulldiesel.info :P

Wizard

Postby Wizard » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:01 am

Sampo wrote:Heh :D Never thought of that :P The weird thing is, that I fing nothing to complain about in Fallout Tactics :P And those animated cut-scenes... wow! :)

Then you are not a "true" Fallout fan...shame on you! :P

I'm currently playing Civ2. Never get bored to civ. It's just so awesome game, especially the scenarios :)
Another game that I am playing is GTA:San Andreas. Good game but it has problems like allies who can't kill anything eventhough they are right next to someone :lol:

Qraft

Postby Qraft » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:30 pm

I testad a game calle Katamari at a friend, and it was the funniest game i have ever tried. highley recomended. to bad its onley released in usa and japan, so i cant play it :evil:

ps ohh, its for the Playsation 2 btw.

sathanas

Postby sathanas » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:42 pm

Being a "true" Fallout fan (lol) I have fallout & fallout2 sat on my desk for the day I think "Yes, I've forgotten enough of the plot to play again" :).

I'm currently playing Guild Wars, GTA San Andreas, Counter-Strike: Source... 'bout it really.

Guild Wars is ace.

Waiting to play a mod for half-life 2 called Samurai Legends. It looks good. 3rd person group combat rather than an FPS.

And I'm now looking forward to this, maybe I can finally stop playing Alien Breed: Tower Assault on my p166 laptop :)
"I'm nothing if not redundant. I also repeat myself" - Richard Fish

Wizard

Postby Wizard » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:52 am

sathanas wrote:Being a "true" Fallout fan (lol) I have fallout & fallout2 sat on my desk for the day I think "Yes, I've forgotten enough of the plot to play again" :).

I haven't even finished Fallout1 or 2. Always I start playing them but somehow I just don't have the energy to play them.

I'm currently playing Guild Wars, GTA San Andreas, Counter-Strike: Source... 'bout it really.
Guild Wars is ace.

Any problems with GW? Lag etc.? And are the hitboxes in CS:S still f**ked up?

sathanas

Postby sathanas » Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:50 pm

Wizard wrote:Any problems with GW? Lag etc.?

I never experience network lag in Guild Wars, and only occassionally get graphics lag the first time I cast a spell. It's a very smooth game.

My connection is only 512 adsl, and my graphics card is a geforce ti 4800. I reckon Guild Wars would run fine on a 56k modem though, the byte per second counter usually sits around 500.

And are the hitboxes in CS:S still f**ked up?

I'm a little biased on this issue, but yes they're still the way they were. I guess I dont mind the hitboxes being messed up because I shoot first and find a hiding spot later.

Whatever you do, dont stand still in cs: s, ever, that's the only way you can keep the hitboxes on your side. :)

If you havent played in a while you should. Boot it up, update it, join a server playing 24/7 cs_compound, join CTs, and let the TMP rushing begin :)
"I'm nothing if not redundant. I also repeat myself" - Richard Fish

Wizard

Postby Wizard » Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:43 pm

sathanas wrote:I never experience network lag in Guild Wars, and only occassionally get graphics lag the first time I cast a spell. It's a very smooth game.

Nice to know 'cause I'm planning on buying this game as soon as I get some money :)

I'm a little biased on this issue, but yes they're still the way they were.

What the heck is Valve doing? They should fix the damn hitboxes!

Whatever you do, dont stand still in cs: s, ever, that's the only way you can keep the hitboxes on your side. :)

Yeah, when you move the hitbox will move in front of your character :wink: Try shooting enemy character - nothing. Shoot in front of the enemy character - headshot :lol:

If you havent played in a while you should. Boot it up, update it, join a server playing 24/7 cs_compound, join CTs, and let the TMP rushing begin :)

I'll pass for now :) I'd rather play game where I can kill something :P

Postby Guest » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:15 pm

I'll play CS: S Heroes 3, CoD, CoD: UO, D2: LoD, UT, Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics

I think that FallOut 2 is best in FallOut series. FallOut 1 is too short and you can't do anything as freely in Tactics as in FallOut 1 and 2. But I haven't yet plaied through FallOut 2 even once. :P

DeathClaw

Postby DeathClaw » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:35 pm

World of warcraft at the moment.
It's nice just to walk around and check the places, doing quest and helping (Dueling :D) noobs.
It's pretty expensive tho, but money is made for using aye?
Rakion is good too. It's fun just go ahead and smash some people. And it's all free online game. (Not boring click and hit, but aim and defend yourself instead!)
Shadowgrounds as soon as possible 8)
Metal gear solid! It's just too great game.
And ofcourse, all kinds of classics, like red alert, crash bandicoot and such.

Misacorp

Postby Misacorp » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:24 pm

I've moved on to the free/beta MMORPG. I love a game called Maple Story. Then I like a third person shooter called GunZ Online (also free). I just downloaded Rakion a few days ago and it seems nice, I just gotta learn how it works (DeathClaw teach me :D ) and I have R.O.S.E Online but I don't really like the games where you click somewhere and your character runs there and click on an enemy and your character attacks it. Knights of the Old Republic was the best RPG I have ever played and I think it still is.

I also play Burnout 3, PGR 2 and Halo 2 on my Xbox but RPG mainly on the PC. Half Life 2 was nice, I liked the last part the most.

I really recommend Maple Story if you are at all interested in MMORPG and not the usual click click stuff. Right now there's a halloween event going on where you can get a special item by collecting candies that monsters drop (they call it trick or treating :D )

Indignation

Postby Indignation » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:49 am

Operation Flashpoint (+ FDF mod), Morrowind (+ Wizrd Island mod) and other classics, like Red Alert and Half-Life.

My favourite game is Operation Flashpoint. I have played it almost three years, without any breaks, and there is no end in sight.

Edit: Oh. I forgot Tales of Symphonia.

Qraft

Postby Qraft » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:00 pm

im playing fahrenheit at the moment and it is great. higly recomended.

Sampo

Postby Sampo » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:19 pm

The game of choice for this week is: Shadowgrounds! Kicking alien ass is fun :P

Return to “General Chat”