Amadeus cosplay

Talk about Frozenbyte, general gaming topics, and everything else.
Turtlecat

Amadeus cosplay

Postby Turtlecat » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:37 pm

Hey everyone. Since this doesn't really fit in any of the Trine subforums, i thought i'd post it here. This costume was made by me and my girlfriend for this year's castlefest, over the course of one gruelling week. It turned out quite nice in the end, having been based on largely Trine 3 with a bit of 2 mixed in (The box in particular). We got recognised quite a bit, actually. It really stands out.

Funnily enough, Aamadeus seems to have a really child-friendly design. They kept walking up to us to have look. I think it's the colors.

Obligatory box-throwing shot:

We took a few liberties with the original design, though i don't think anyone would notice. The biggest difference is probably that the three gears were originally a trio of belt buckles, meant to hold the tabard together. The rest is just stuff we had to do due to time constraints and inexperience, but for a first costume, i'd say it turned out really nice. We'll be improving it a little bit for next time, but it should mostly stay like this. Maybe add some proper shoes and his satchel.

Let me know what you guys think. I know the devs sometimes visit this forum, and i'd just love to show how much we appreciate the series so far.

RiikkaFB

Re: Amadeus cosplay

Postby RiikkaFB » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:26 pm

I'm trying to think of something cool enough to say for this, but I don't have the words to do this justice. This is super cool, and I absolutely love the plushie box! I showed this post to everyone at the office already and we're all in love with this. :)

We'd love to send you something cool as a thank you for making us smile - so if you're interested, send me an email. :) You can reach me by emailing to: support[at]frozenbyte[dot]com

fb_Exc

Postby fb_Exc » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:28 pm

Epic! 8)

// Jari
Senior Producer @ Frozenbyte, Inc.

fb_kai

Postby fb_kai » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:29 pm

That's awesome! :D

Turtlecat

Postby Turtlecat » Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:50 pm

Everyone loves the plushie box. :p it's great to hear that though. My girlfriend loves your response. There were a lot of late nights involved, mostly hers, until i could show up to help.

I'll be sending an email with another picture of the costume in progress as evidence that it's me sending it, though i am quite curious to hear what you've got planned. :)

I don't know if you were aware, but there's a Zoya cosplayer around somewhere too. Can't remember the name though, and we're not connected.

RiikkaFB

Postby RiikkaFB » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:19 pm

We've actually interviewed one Zoya cosplayer for our blog, though that was already years ago. I think one of our employees also spotted a Zoya cosplayer at Ropecon here in Finland this year, but sadly they lost sight of her and didn't get to say hi. :(

I'll be waiting for the email. :)

Turtlecat

Postby Turtlecat » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:37 pm

I've sent the email, but i think it might have ended up in your spam box.

RiikkaFB

Postby RiikkaFB » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:37 pm

We received the mail and I just sent you a reply. :) Sorry for the slight wait; office was closed for the weekend.

Return to “General Chat”