OnLive Support

Talk about Frozenbyte, general gaming topics, and everything else.
Gary13579

OnLive Support

Postby Gary13579 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:18 pm

Hey guys, just wanted to give some feedback as a player.

I've read in an interview that you guys were originally skeptical of OnLive, but eventually decided to go with it. I'm really happy that you did! I wouldn't have purchased this game, or many other games, if they were not available on OnLive. I am a fulltime Linux user, and it's hard to justify forking over money for a game not having any idea how well it will perform on my desktop. It's awesome that you guys have native Linux support, but with the wide variety of systems, it doesn't always work out as well as it should. With OnLive, I can demo the game, buy it, and run it on any platform with relative ease, including my Tegra2 netbook and my cell phone.

I hope that the OnLive distribution process went relatively easy and you guys continue to release games for the platform. I will certainly be looking for them!

Thanks for the awesome games,
Gary

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: OnLive Support

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:13 am

Thanks. :) Yeah I think there's a lot of potential in OnLive and other streaming technologies, and certainly OnLive has been working very well for us, and they are great to work with as well.

One of the great things I love about OnLive is that it basically removes all tech support. That's a fantastic thing from my perspective, seeing as how the "normal" platforms (even the consoles) have a lot of issues that can be hard to solve.

So yeah Trine 2 will most likely be released on OnLive as well. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

LoneSnark

Postby LoneSnark » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:08 am

Here is a curious issue with Trine on Onlive and I was curious what, if anything, was known about it.

It seems the version of Trine which runs via Onlive varies depending on what system you are using to connect. If you connect via PC then multiplayer is available via the setup controller menu. Meanwhile, if you connect using Onlive's MicroConsole there is no setup controller menu.

Where these versions of Trine written specifically for Onlive? Where in the game can I check the version number?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

We're aware of this now (got the first report a few weeks ago), and it's not something we did on purpose. I think it's just growing pains for the MicroConsole. We'll look into this as we do the OnLive implementation of Trine 2 so we can get it fixed for both games.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

danedwards2

Postby danedwards2 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:51 am

i agree with Gary. thank you very much, OnLive! :)
Interested in La Porte Roofing

Return to “General Chat”