Profiles

Talk about Frozenbyte, general gaming topics, and everything else.
User avatar
Mr. ShadowStealer
Posts: 435
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:12 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Profiles

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:00 pm

Yeah. I just noticed two things on these pages.

First is that I can't see my msn messenger address on these pages what I just added. It doesn't show up in anywhere.

Second thing is that I can't see others profiles either. It would be nice to get some sort of member database where you could look into others profiles like on other sites.

It is bit hard to see others msn messenger address, for example, when you can't see others profile or there isn't either any buttons for those addresses.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

User avatar
Hedgehog
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 10:30 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Postby Hedgehog » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:58 pm

I think it's to make it harder for spambots to harvest data.

Besides that, your MSN messenger adres shows up perfectly:
http://www.shadowgroundsgame.com/forum/ ... ile&u=3047
Visit #shadowgrounds on Quakenet!
Click here for a webclient.

User avatar
fb_joel
Site Admin
Posts: 2482
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:14 pm
Location: Finland

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:47 am

It's pretty much intentional... I won't be doing much changes to this board anymore. It's a nightmare from a technical perspective.

We'll be creating a new messageboard after the summer I think.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

User avatar
Hedgehog
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 10:30 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Postby Hedgehog » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:52 am

fb_joel wrote:We'll be creating a new messageboard after the summer I think.


Other as in another modification on a more recent phpBB version or other as in totally different forum software?
Visit #shadowgrounds on Quakenet!

Click here for a webclient.

User avatar
Mr. ShadowStealer
Posts: 435
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:12 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:05 pm

Hedgehog wrote:I think it's to make it harder for spambots to harvest data.

Besides that, your MSN messenger adres shows up perfectly:
http://www.shadowgroundsgame.com/forum/ ... ile&u=3047


Where did you find that link? ... :?
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

User avatar
fb_joel
Site Admin
Posts: 2482
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:14 pm
Location: Finland

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:14 pm

Hedgehog wrote:Other as in another modification on a more recent phpBB version or other as in totally different forum software?

Latest version and new modifications (and a bit more "future proof" too). And we'll probably do a new layout etc.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

User avatar
Hedgehog
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed May 10, 2006 10:30 pm
Location: The Netherlands
Contact:

Postby Hedgehog » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:32 pm

Mr. ShadowStealer wrote:
Hedgehog wrote:I think it's to make it harder for spambots to harvest data.

Besides that, your MSN messenger adres shows up perfectly:
http://www.shadowgroundsgame.com/forum/ ... ile&u=3047


Where did you find that link? ... :?


The 'latest post by' nicks are clickable.
Visit #shadowgrounds on Quakenet!

Click here for a webclient.


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest