Fail to Load after Intro

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
Lations

Fail to Load after Intro

Postby Lations » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Hey there,

First, i'm from Germany and my English isnt very well.

To my Problem: i just bought Trine and Trine 2 today on Steam. Of course i wanna play Trine first.
But everytime i click on "New Game" and the intro is coming, it shutdown the Game.
When the Speaker starts to talk about the Astral Acedemy and over the Thief, it shutdown....

I dont know why and i hope to get here some help.

German Version:

Jedesmal, sobald das Intro beendet ist (wenn man ein neues Spiel beginnt) und der Erzähler anfängt von dem Dieb und über die Akademie zu reden, stürtzt das Spiel einfach ab. Könntet ihr mir weiterhelfen?

Lg, Lations

AnniFB

Re: Fail to Load after Intro

Postby AnniFB » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:42 am

This is a known problems as Trine requires PhysX, which is a physics library made by NVIDIA, however any graphics card will be fine with this.

So what we need to do is to simply install the PhysX drivers. To download them, go to:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_system_software.html

It will work on all computers and graphics cards (including AMD/ATi).

If it for some reason doesn't help, you can check the log file at C:\ProgramFiles (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\trine\ and then the logs folder and thenlog.txt. What does it say there? Sound/EAX errors are normal, but if it says anything about physics or PhysX then that's the issue.

Trine 2 has PhysX integrated into the executables and doesn't require the separate drivers :)

Lations

Re: Fail to Load after Intro

Postby Lations » Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:17 pm

Problem solved. Thanks a lot :)

Return to “Trine”