To be announced soon...

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
fb_joel
Site Admin

To be announced soon...

Postby fb_joel » Mon May 26, 2008 11:20 pm

Exciting times! We're finally preparing to announce the next project. We're working on three projects right now and this is the first one to be announced. It'll continue on familiar grounds - and yet be something totally unexpected, I think. We've already revealed some things in the Finnish media, and it shouldn't take long before we officially announce the game.

Good times. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Mr. ShadowStealer

Re: To be announced soon...

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Fri May 30, 2008 2:13 pm

Sounds good. =)
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

ZEUS_GB

Postby ZEUS_GB » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:32 pm

Yeah I read the blog post. Three projects at once really sounds like Frozenbyte is taking off.
Check out my retro goodness YouTube channel

No Bic

Postby No Bic » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:49 pm

any chance of you guys appearing at E3? or any other shows?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:00 pm

Publicly, no. Leipzig would be interesting but we're going to have to skip it.

The reason why we haven't announced the game yet is that we may need to change its name, and there's also some interesting publisher talks going on, so we don't want to jeopardize anything.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Matti

Postby Matti » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:04 pm

Nothing new about renamed games, or games sold with multiple names: Descent Freespace and Conflict Freespace, UFO: Enemy Unknown and X-COM: UFO Defense, Halloween Harry and Alien Carnage, BattleDroids and BattleTech... If you announce game which needs to be renamed, don't feel too bad about it ;)

No Bic

Postby No Bic » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:59 pm

just name it "Shoot 'em all up!"
You can't go wrong.

ZEUS_GB

Postby ZEUS_GB » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:59 am

Any news yet?

No Bic

Postby No Bic » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:46 pm

yea no kidding. where is the game at? have you guys named it "Shoot 'em up!" yet?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:04 pm

Yeah... well, no real news yet. :) (Blog should be updated soon, and in general the gears are moving behind the scenes quite fast.) I can reveal that yes, in the game there is a weapon that lets you shoot some enemies. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

ZEUS_GB

Postby ZEUS_GB » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:34 am

fb_joel wrote:Yeah... well, no real news yet. :) (Blog should be updated soon, and in general the gears are moving behind the scenes quite fast.) I can reveal that yes, in the game there is a weapon that lets you shoot some enemies. :)

LOL!

What type of ammo does it use?

No Bic

Postby No Bic » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:09 am

cool. cool.
have you guys checked out the remake Bionic Commando Rearmed? It's actually pretty cool. It's a blast from the past.
This reminds me. If you guys play Rearmed, you will accounter enemies during the overhead map. Once you get down to fight these enemies, it's a top down 3d arcade shooter just like Shadowgrounds which is pretty cool. But what it really reminds me of is the a Rambo game for the Sega Genesis i think. That was a cool game. Otherwise, Rearmed is a 2D game which is actually entertaining. Reminds me of Duke Nukem II, which is another awesome game.
Not that I don't appreciate your games, Frozenbyte, but hopefully you guys will give us some games that hit us with a good blast from the past. Rearmed does justice to the original. You can do it! ...and you will do it!

Matti

Postby Matti » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:43 pm

No Bic wrote:have you guys checked out the remake Bionic Commando Rearmed? It's actually pretty cool. It's a blast from the past.

"Bionic Commando Rearmed is an enhanced remake of the 1988 Nintendo Entertainment System version of Bionic Commando" says Wikipedia. Very much different from original arcade game and related home computer conversions.

No Bic

Postby No Bic » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:37 pm

Bionic Commando Rearmed different from the original? Well, I haven't played the original, but from I saw and heard, they're pretty similar, and the remake does the original game justice.
Moving on: alright we know that there is a weapon that lets you shoot enemies. Alright so there's a possibility of it being a puzzle game (your gun shoots stuff that destroys blocks, which are the enemies), an arcade game, a shooter, an rpg. It's most likely violent. Any ideas guys?

Matti

Postby Matti » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:44 pm

No Bic wrote:Bionic Commando Rearmed different from the original?

At least as much different from original game as NES version. Some screenshots, guess which one is from which

No Bic

Postby No Bic » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:55 pm

the visual aspects are different, but what about the gameplay? i bet the gameplay is really really similar.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:50 pm

Bionic Commando Rearmed is a good game for sure. Personally I liked the Challenge mode more than the normal game.

Other than that, the wait continues... I'd love to share a lot of cool details about our new game but I've now learned not to promise any dates for anything (yeah, the blog and "soon"...). :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

No Bic

Postby No Bic » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:35 pm

fb_joel wrote:Bionic Commando Rearmed is a good game for sure. Personally I liked the Challenge mode more than the normal game.

Other than that, the wait continues... I'd love to share a lot of cool details about our new game but I've now learned not to promise any dates for anything (yeah, the blog and "soon"...). :)

i was thinking that you guys had a massive update yesterday since the site when down.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:51 pm

No. :) Imagine my horror when I saw that the site (or actually the database) was unresponsive. Luckily it was a simple problem.

That said, the blog has been updated. Not really any information about the game but it's a start, maybe in the next couple of months we'll finally be able to reveal something about the game itself.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

No Bic

Postby No Bic » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:48 am

The Mighty Pineapple? There should be a contest to see who can draw/photoshop/w/e the best Mighty Pineapple.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:10 pm

Haha! This could be great... I can't promise anything yet but when it's competition time, this is certainly something we'll consider. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

No Bic

Postby No Bic » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:26 am

fb_joel wrote:Haha! This could be great... I can't promise anything yet but when it's competition time, this is certainly something we'll consider. :)

Matti

Postby Matti » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:02 pm

No Bic wrote:the visual aspects are different, but what about the gameplay? i bet the gameplay is really really similar.

Ok, I'll spell it out for you. First of the images is from Commodore 64 version. In C-64 controllers there can be multiple buttons, but they all do same thing: my first controller (joystick) had 4 buttons (or more), and autofire switch. So all actions in the game are done with directional movements + 1-action fire. Works great! And that's the first part of the series, where player character is Super Joe.

Second screenshot is from NES version. It's totally different game, and story-wise sequel to the earlier ones (arcade & home computer conversions). Player character is some nameless chum (or I have just forgotton his name), and his mission is to find Super Joe. Game levels are definitely different, and gameplay has great deal of differencies too.

Third screenshot is the Reloaded, and according Wikipedia (haven't played game), it's graphical improvement of the NES version, and little else.

Blitzkrieg

Postby Blitzkrieg » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:01 pm

So any news yet to be seen? I understand "soon" can have a lot of meanings but we are all waiting for this.

And I don't know if it is related to the new game, but the picture on the main page of frozenbyte.com is different.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:33 pm

Finally done. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Trine”