Trine officially announced

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
fb_joel
Site Admin

Trine officially announced

Postby fb_joel » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:34 pm

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note that our next game has been announced. :)

Check out http://www.trine-thegame.com/ for teaser trailer, or for example WorthPlaying.com for some information.

Discuss!

Joel
Frozenbyte team
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Viking

Re: Trine officially announced

Postby Viking » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:45 pm

Wow, that looks awesomely fun! I can see little elements of other games in there and on first view I thought 'hmmm, an action rpg. I dunno...' but then no, you guys go all platformy on our ass. Definite purchase material. Shame it's not on the 360, but hey, I'll buy the PC version.

Darkwake

Postby Darkwake » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:04 pm

Hey I'm new here but I registered just to say that I'm REALLY looking forward to playing this! I've got no idea what this game is about but I'm really digging the art style and the music. God this is why I love PSN. So many unique games. Just from watching the teaser trailer I've come to the conclusion that this will be a first day purchase for me. Thank you for supporting the PSN and keep up the good work! :D

huZba

Postby huZba » Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:06 pm

Looks and sounds splendid! Anxiously waiting to see more.

FlukeRogi

Postby FlukeRogi » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:55 am

Hi,

Just had to say how nice this is looking. Must admit that I was rather late discovering Shadowgrounds (stumbled across it on Steam), and if Trine is as fun as that, you've got a purchase here. Hope this will also appear on Steam btw :)

ZEUS_GB

Postby ZEUS_GB » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:48 pm

The new game looks awesome, certainly not what I was expecting.
Check out my retro goodness YouTube channel

KimV

Postby KimV » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:43 pm

Wow this looks AMAZING, I'm pretty sure this'll be a day one buy from me :D

Looks totally like my kind of game, with the art style and the kinda classic fantasy approach with the wizard and everything, really really happy to see this!

Good luck from me!

chip5541

Postby chip5541 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:11 pm

yup! Day one buy here as well. I am updated my PSN list at several sites and plan on making this game a gaming highlights

Racoon

Postby Racoon » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:49 pm

Cool :)
will it use same Physx physics engine, like in Shadowgrounds: Survivor ?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:39 am

Thanks for the comments guys. :) The overall positive response really means a lot to the team. It's been amazing to see the reaction here and elsewhere on the internet.

And yeah, Trine uses PhysX just like Shadowgrounds Survivor. Everything's been improved a bit, of course :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Matti

Postby Matti » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:43 pm

Platformer!? You guys are so retro! So am I, so bring it on!

Squad-scale scifi wargame with battle armor and what ever SG was originally supposed to be would been nice too. Do we have any hope about that?

cownciler

Postby cownciler » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:32 am

Looking at the teaser today and it looks very nice indeed. I love the elements that have been pulled from little Big World (or did you guys think of it first ;-p ). The physics looks sweet and the quick examples of puzzle game play shows awesome potential. Good to see you guys putting new games out there in the wilderness. I played Shadowgrounds (even worked for the company that distributed it in Oz) ad enjoyed the retro top down feel of it. So now that I've seen the teaser I want to see more!!!!! When is the Beta!!! Count me in.

vicce666

Postby vicce666 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:24 pm

this game looks really fantastic! great that it is released on PSN too! love this type of games! Im quoting cownciler "When is beta?? Count me in!!!" ;)

chip5541

Postby chip5541 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:07 pm

cownciler wrote:Looking at the teaser today and it looks very nice indeed. I love the elements that have been pulled from little Big World (or did you guys think of it first ;-p ). The physics looks sweet and the quick examples of puzzle game play shows awesome potential. Good to see you guys putting new games out there in the wilderness. I played Shadowgrounds (even worked for the company that distributed it in Oz) ad enjoyed the retro top down feel of it. So now that I've seen the teaser I want to see more!!!!! When is the Beta!!! Count me in.

I'm getting more of a Psygnosis/Amiga vibe from the video. I would be interested in helping out in Beta as well but unfortunately I don't live near Helsinki. Any plans on a Beta through PSN?

asfm

Postby asfm » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:45 pm

Trine is by far the most exciting platformer I've seen since Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee. Kinda seems like a modern reimagining of the Lost Vikings concept, filled with tons of awesome new ideas.

Can't wait to play it.
Last edited by asfm on Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blitzkrieg

Postby Blitzkrieg » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:47 pm

I really love the look of the game from the first screenshots. It's really a perfect fantasy world. ^^ I'm looking forward this game too. No one made a good platform game in the last decade. You know you are pretty good to take old game styles ideas and put so much new stuff in it it makes an awesome new and up to date game.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:03 pm

Thanks again guys. :) I too think we're pretty good with revitalizing old genres with fresh ideas, even more so now with Trine. It's shaping up to be a great original title. :)

We'll have to see about the Beta through PSN, frankly we don't fully know how that system works. We'll talk to our publisher and Sony and see what's possible.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Racoon

Postby Racoon » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:14 pm

And yeah, Trine uses PhysX just like Shadowgrounds Survivor. Everything's been improved a bit, of course

So, maybe Trine will take advantage from hardware PhysX too, like Shadowgrounds Survivor ?)
Some GPU PhysX stuff, like hi-res cloth simulation, or physical particles for magic or explosions effects, or SPH-water puzzles would be nice addition)

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:58 pm

Yeah PhysX hardware is supported, to some extent at least. I doubt we have much time to add many new features but we'll see. Our main focus is on making the gameplay as fun as can be. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Noceur

Postby Noceur » Tue May 12, 2009 12:15 pm

This looks like a lot of fun, and good coop games are hard to find. Lost Vikings isn't the worst of games to be inspired by :D ... and some of those physics solutions, like the cog/springboard and throwing the crate onto the spikes in the ceiling is just humorously brilliant. I went from being slightly disappointed it wasn't Shadowgrounds 2 (or similar) to charmed in just a few seconds.

By the way, am I right in understanding that you've currently got more games in development than Trine, or am I just confused?

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Tue May 12, 2009 12:23 pm

Noceur wrote:By the way, am I right in understanding that you've currently got more games in development than Trine, or am I just confused?

We do have also another title in development and we might tell about it after Trine has been published 8)

Return to “Trine”