Questions for the Developers

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
User avatar
FB_Lauri
Posts: 903
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:51 pm

Re: Questions for the Developers

Postby FB_Lauri » Tue May 19, 2009 4:29 pm

SirDrago wrote:I actually found out about Trine just today from vg247. They had this nice artwork there:

http://assets.vg247.com/current//2009/05/trinez1b.jpg

I tried to find that pic in a better format but couldnt find it here. Is that actually from the game? It looks like it is but im not sure.


Yes, it's art from Trine's cutscene (the cutscenes are layered "still" images which are in motion, with narrator, music and sound fx). It looks very impressive in proper resolution and in motion, at least in my opinion :D

(but that's something you have to wait until you have the game itself to see it 8) )

Edit: a bit higher resolution of that and another cut-scene images can be found at http://trine-thegame.com/site/index.php ... _interview

SirDrago
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 9:55 pm

Re: Questions for the Developers

Postby SirDrago » Tue May 19, 2009 5:04 pm

Thanks! I guess thats where the picture came from :). Very beautiful. I which i could print it out and put it on my wall!

Btw how many trophies will the game have? Any gold ones?

User avatar
Heisem
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: Questions for the Developers

Postby Heisem » Tue May 19, 2009 8:30 pm

I'm really looking forward to Trine, but i'm wondering why there is no videos about this game on the PS Store?, the game is totally unknown by most of the PS3 community. We need to hear more about this game in the Store, maybe you guys could put the current videos there or give some info about the current development of it in Quore

User avatar
FB_Lauri
Posts: 903
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:51 pm

Re: Questions for the Developers

Postby FB_Lauri » Tue May 19, 2009 8:48 pm

Heisem wrote:I'm really looking forward to Trine, but i'm wondering why there is no videos about this game on the PS Store?, the game is totally unknown by most of the PS3 community. We need to hear more about this game in the Store, maybe you guys could put the current videos there or give some info about the current development of it in Quore


Thanks for your feedback, we totally agree with you. The thing is, store videos are controlled by our publisher and I think their plan is to release the video(s) more close to the actual launch (well, they should release videos soon as otheriwse they run out of time :) )

User avatar
Heisem
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 8:24 pm

Re: Questions for the Developers

Postby Heisem » Tue May 19, 2009 9:14 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:
Heisem wrote:I'm really looking forward to Trine, but i'm wondering why there is no videos about this game on the PS Store?, the game is totally unknown by most of the PS3 community. We need to hear more about this game in the Store, maybe you guys could put the current videos there or give some info about the current development of it in Quore


Thanks for your feedback, we totally agree with you. The thing is, store videos are controlled by our publisher and I think their plan is to release the video(s) more close to the actual launch (well, they should release videos soon as otheriwse they run out of time :) )


I see...but what about the PS Blog?, you could give some info about Trine there, it doesn't have to be something new. Just let the community know the game is comming and maybe you could answer some questions there, the PS Blog has tons of views every day with live chat support and i'm pretty sure that everyone would be interested to hear about Trine there

Digitalos
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 12:59 pm

Re: Questions for the Developers

Postby Digitalos » Tue May 26, 2009 10:38 am

Isn't this game due to be released soon? Or has it slipped?

There is almost zero news / advertising for it, and I was quite shocked to see that www.tothegame.com has no listing for it, they usually have EVERYTHING, even the most obscure releases. :o

User avatar
FB_Lauri
Posts: 903
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:51 pm

Re: Questions for the Developers

Postby FB_Lauri » Tue May 26, 2009 11:49 am

Digitalos wrote:Isn't this game due to be released soon? Or has it slipped?

There is almost zero news / advertising for it, and I was quite shocked to see that http://www.tothegame.com has no listing for it, they usually have EVERYTHING, even the most obscure releases. :o


The game is close to be finished, and therefore also close to release.

As we are a small studio (here comes small-card again :wink: ), we are not able to push the hype as much as we should, and we rely a lot on our publisher. However, there is coming some nice stuff out in June before the release, and a lot of reviews should be also out late June.

In the meanwhile, you should check previews already out from http://trine-thegame.com/site/index.php?page=press (I will update the list today with five or so more previews).

SirDrago
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 9:55 pm

Re: Questions for the Developers

Postby SirDrago » Tue May 26, 2009 7:19 pm

Lauri what about trophies? How many will there be?

decoy
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 4:13 am

Re: Questions for the Developers

Postby decoy » Wed May 27, 2009 12:14 am

Though i am buying it anyway, are there demo plans?
If you do , do it short and attractive and don't give too much.

User avatar
FB_Lauri
Posts: 903
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:51 pm

Re: Questions for the Developers

Postby FB_Lauri » Wed May 27, 2009 12:21 am

SirDrago wrote:Lauri what about trophies? How many will there be?


Trine has total of 32 trophies: 6 bronze, 23 silver and 3 gold (and of course platinum trophy once you unlock all others :) )

I'm hoping that we could publish a list or sneak-peek about the trophies also, as there are some very cool ones (well, what can you imagine if you have free physics-gameplay and so on :D )

I actually spent today almost an hour trying to unlock one end-game trophy, with no success. But I was close ..

User avatar
FB_Lauri
Posts: 903
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:51 pm

Re: Questions for the Developers

Postby FB_Lauri » Wed May 27, 2009 12:22 am

decoy wrote:Though i am buying it anyway, are there demo plans?
If you do , do it short and attractive and don't give too much.


Demo is planned to be released after the initial launch (within 2-6 weeks after Trine is available).

And no worries, it will be enough short but at same time enough long to convince people to get the full version :)

SirDrago
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 9:55 pm

Re: Questions for the Developers

Postby SirDrago » Wed May 27, 2009 11:39 am

Oh cool so the game is considered a full game since usually small games that come to the PSN dont have a platinum trophy. Now i am really excited since i love getting 100% on trophies for a game ( got 12 plats already :P ).

Digitalos
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 12:59 pm

Re: Questions for the Developers

Postby Digitalos » Wed May 27, 2009 12:46 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:
Digitalos wrote:Isn't this game due to be released soon? Or has it slipped?

There is almost zero news / advertising for it, and I was quite shocked to see that http://www.tothegame.com has no listing for it, they usually have EVERYTHING, even the most obscure releases. :o


The game is close to be finished, and therefore also close to release.

As we are a small studio (here comes small-card again :wink: ), we are not able to push the hype as much as we should, and we rely a lot on our publisher. However, there is coming some nice stuff out in June before the release, and a lot of reviews should be also out late June.

In the meanwhile, you should check previews already out from http://trine-thegame.com/site/index.php?page=press (I will update the list today with five or so more previews).

It's not really for my benefit that I was asking hehe, as I'm going to get Trine as soon as I see it on sale. It was more for you guys, the game looks great, and I really want people to keep making great games for the PC platform, so I guess it's in my interests that you stay in business. ;)

SirDrago
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 9:55 pm

Re: Questions for the Developers

Postby SirDrago » Thu May 28, 2009 7:20 pm

Will there be any new media released next week when the E3 is happening?

User avatar
FB_Lauri
Posts: 903
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:51 pm

Re: Questions for the Developers

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu May 28, 2009 10:42 pm

SirDrago wrote:Will there be any new media released next week when the E3 is happening?


Yes 8)

There's also a possibility for interesting news to come, but at this point it's too early to say for sure :wink:

SirDrago
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 9:55 pm

Re: Questions for the Developers

Postby SirDrago » Fri May 29, 2009 11:17 am

Nice im looking forward to see more stuff :).

Hmmmmm interessting news to come? I wonder what it will be? I can only think of the release date for the PSN. But maybe im complety on the wrong path.

User avatar
Mr. ShadowStealer
Posts: 435
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:12 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Questions for the Developers

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Fri May 29, 2009 7:32 pm

Finnish people know how to make good games. ^^

Flatouts, Shadowgrounds, Max Paynes and so on.

Anyway, how long each level lasts? Because I think I saw a meantion somewhere that the game has 16 levels but I haven't heard of the length of the game in playing hours.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

Jtrizzy
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:08 am

Re: Questions for the Developers

Postby Jtrizzy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:14 am

FB_Lauri wrote:
SirDrago wrote:Will there be any new media released next week when the E3 is happening?


Yes 8)

There's also a possibility for interesting news to come, but at this point it's too early to say for sure :wink:


I am pumped to buy this game the day it comes out and hope it does well enough to add online co op, as it seems perfect for that. Hopefully that is the interesting news.

SirDrago
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 9:55 pm

Re: Questions for the Developers

Postby SirDrago » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:50 am

FB_Lauri wrote:
SirDrago wrote:Will there be any new media released next week when the E3 is happening?


Yes 8)

There's also a possibility for interesting news to come, but at this point it's too early to say for sure :wink:


Hm the only the media were some screenshots. I was hoping for a cool new trailer! Any chance for that?

And what news were you talking about?

A lot of question but will i get an answer? Please? 8)

SirDrago
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 9:55 pm

Re: Questions for the Developers

Postby SirDrago » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:10 pm

Whats going on? Its so quiet around here.....

DarkJee
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: Questions for the Developers

Postby DarkJee » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:32 pm

SirDrago wrote:Whats going on? Its so quiet around here.....


Indie games, before they get out are never really a lot disscussed... Wait and see when Trine will comes out! The number of thread will grow very fast! (Zeno Clash for example)

User avatar
Mr. ShadowStealer
Posts: 435
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:12 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Questions for the Developers

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:27 pm

Plus it's weekend now so at least Frozenbyte's team is enjoying their freetime. :wink:
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

SirDrago
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 9:55 pm

Re: Questions for the Developers

Postby SirDrago » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:50 pm

They should create some hype for the game by releasing a new cool trailer or make a sweepstake for T-Shirts or so. I think what would be a cheap solution for creating some attention.

Polynomial
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:09 pm

Re: Questions for the Developers

Postby Polynomial » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:10 pm

First of all I discovered this game through E3 and it looks incredible.

I've read through this thread and forums and I could not find a definitive answer.

What kind of PC co-op can we expect? Online only or over LAN?

User avatar
FB_Lauri
Posts: 903
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:51 pm

Re: Questions for the Developers

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:22 pm

Polynomial wrote:First of all I discovered this game through E3 and it looks incredible.

I've read through this thread and forums and I could not find a definitive answer.

What kind of PC co-op can we expect? Online only or over LAN?


At the launch we are supporting only local co-op (so you'll need a game pad or two). We will look into online (and LAN) co-op after the launch.


Return to “Trine”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests