Can we get an update?

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
bboydp

Can we get an update?

Postby bboydp » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:29 am

I can't wait to buy this game, how much longer?

FB_Lauri

Re: Can we get an update?

Postby FB_Lauri » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:19 am

bboydp wrote:I can't wait to buy this game, how much longer?

Trine is undergoing the last tests by us and very soon the PSN version will enter Sony's tests (once they are succesfull it's published), and the PC version will head up for last publisher tests, after it heads for either printing (retail version) or to online shops.

I can't tell exact release date as there's a few parties after us and before the sales begin, but my estimate would be late June/early July should PSN/PC versions come out.

DarkJee

Postby DarkJee » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:17 pm

So... is it confirmed that Trine will be on Steam ?

rmarx

Postby rmarx » Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:58 pm

Yes, it will be coming to steam and this from day one of PC release (according to the current information).

Also: very interesting launch date. Right at the beginning of the summer holiday so there will be a lot of time to play :mrgreen:

One thing I can't seem to remember to read much about is how much the game will cost... Could you give us any indication on this (doesn't have to be exact, just price-category would be fine)? thanks.

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:04 pm

rmarx wrote:One thing I can't seem to remember to read much about is how much the game will cost... Could you give us any indication on this (doesn't have to be exact, just price-category would be fine)? thanks.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASCARON-Enterta ... 715&sr=8-1

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:26 pm

WOW SHIT!!

UK£ 24.96 = 28.56 €

If that really is the price of this game, then DAMN. I have never ever seen a game this high quality being paid at that low price. Jeez. :o

But anyway, the low cost will quarantee high sells, ;) Valve knows this too, and hence the game will be sold more and known by more people.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

No Bic

Postby No Bic » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:22 am

Mr. ShadowStealer wrote:WOW SHIT!!

UK£ 24.96 = 28.56 €

If that really is the price of this game, then DAMN. I have never ever seen a game this high quality being paid at that low price. Jeez. :o

But anyway, the low cost will quarantee high sells, ;) Valve knows this too, and hence the game will be sold more and known by more people.

Living under a rock there buddy? Valve announced L4D2 to be a full-blown sequel (read: full price) being released in november (1 year later). Seems they jumped to the top of the milking rank above EA.
Source.

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:39 pm

That's not much related but what I meant with Valve meantion was that they lower certain game prices to half price or 25% off or maybe in some rare cases 75% off. And I read an article why they do this and was there even a comment from valve that when they lowered the price of UT3 from... 20€? was it? to 9€ the sells tripled. Or at least for sure went up to twice as many sells.

That's what I mean. Lower cost = more people will buy it because it's so cheap and it isn't such waste to their money if the game isn't what liked it to be.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:34 pm

Mr. ShadowStealer wrote:That's not much related but what I meant with Valve meantion was that they lower certain game prices to half price or 25% off or maybe in some rare cases 75% off. And I read an article why they do this and was there even a comment from valve that when they lowered the price of UT3 from... 20€? was it? to 9€ the sells tripled. Or at least for sure went up to twice as many sells.

That's what I mean. Lower cost = more people will buy it because it's so cheap and it isn't such waste to their money if the game isn't what liked it to be.

If UT3 sold for 9 Euros only as double as for 20 Euros they would have made a loss.

tjm07090

Postby tjm07090 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:53 am

They said that sales tripled so there was a gain not a loss.

Jtrizzy

Postby Jtrizzy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:45 am

Gamespot article says the game is coming in September. That would suck, unless it's to add online co op.

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:39 am

Jtrizzy wrote:Gamespot article says the game is coming in September. That would suck, unless it's to add online co op.

Trine? I highly doubt it since even the devs say it will be out in a few weeks.

rmarx

Postby rmarx » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:54 am

It will be coming to the XBox360 in the fall. PSN release is first (end June/begin July) and PC about 2 weeks later.

Return to “Trine”