Release Date.... delayed?

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
SirDrago

Re: Release Date.... delayed?

Postby SirDrago » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:07 pm

I wrote Sony support yesterday an email asking if they could tell me when Trine would be out but no answer yet :(.

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:59 pm

:lol: I highly doubt Sony will give out that kind of information that easily. Usually all big companies stay silent to your emails and questions because of various reasons. :D

But nice that you tried. :D
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:03 pm

Yeah i just got this answer:

"Thank you for writing us regarding game releases.

We apologize for any inconvenience, but at the present time, we have not received any information regarding this title."

decoy

Postby decoy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:30 am

They are acting like title doesn't even exist, seriously this game deserves more hype.

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:07 pm

I agree. I dont know why no one is doing something. And its rediculous that no one seems to know when its out for PS3.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:33 pm

Sony is working hard with the title, so I'm sure it will come out "soon" enough :)

But you all are correct that there should be more hype about Trine, as we need the sales to be able to continue doing great games. Even mentioning the game to some friends helps a lot, so feel free to inform anyone you think would like Trine :D

DarkJee

Postby DarkJee » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:31 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:Sony is working hard with the title, so I'm sure it will come out "soon" enough :)

But you all are correct that there should be more hype about Trine, as we need the sales to be able to continue doing great games. Even mentioning the game to some friends helps a lot, so feel free to inform anyone you think would like Trine :D

Oh don't worry, when Trine will come out on Steam, the PC version sales will greatly increase :O But I CANT WAIT, I want it now! >:(

decoy

Postby decoy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:30 pm

Word of mouth is often regarded as good marketing tool, anyways i am already hyping it amongst friends, they all liked it, and was like where it came from.

You guys can call gametrailers guy to do WORLD EXCLUSIVE lol or something but he won't come there to finland or would he?

On side note, i appreciate what you guys are doing, in retarded attitude of todays gamingindustry, its hard to come up with 2D mechanic games, with some originality against all other shooter infested saturated market. Glad with PSN for actually bringing the platform to all indies and others to TRY out that normally FAILS as proper 60$ title.

Whats ironic is that these indie games give more return value in gameplay and dope, some times even more gameplay HOURS like yours.

More props to decision for not selecting another shooter like your previous title, and hope that your next title which music composer hyped a little will also be creative and amazing one.

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:35 pm

Meh. Seriously FB team, contact Nobilis and tell them to start up that hyping PR spam which is on their responsibility. It's about time to start hyping the game and noting people. There's for real only like 1-2 weeks till the first release of the game to PS3 and after one more week a PC release and after some more weeks the Xbox 360 release.

AND IT'S NOT YET IN THE STEAM STORE!!! MAAAN!!! :cry:

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:41 pm

Mr. ShadowStealer wrote:Meh. Seriously FB team, contact Nobilis and tell them to start up that hyping PR spam which is on their responsibility. It's about time to start hyping the game and noting people. There's for real only like 1-2 weeks till the first release of the game to PS3 and after one more week a PC release and after some more weeks the Xbox 360 release.

AND IT'S NOT YET IN THE STEAM STORE!!! MAAAN!!! :cry:

I'm sure our publisher does it's best and they are more magazine-oriented in central Europe. Also, as we do trailers by ourselves, the next trailer is a bit up to us also, but luckily it's finished soon.

And as for Steam, it's handled directly by us so that's more our fault :oops: . But I can assure it's coming soon, and who knows if there's something extra also ... 8)

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:51 pm

Alrighty. ^^ I'm just so waiting for this game. I haven't waited for a game like this in a very long time. I can't even remember when was the last time I waited for a game this eagerly. :lol:

DarkJee

Postby DarkJee » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:35 pm

FB_Lauri wrote: But I can assure it's coming soon, and who knows if there's SOMETHING EXTRA ALSO ... 8)

WHICH SOMETHING EXTRA!?!? AARGH

Jtrizzy

Postby Jtrizzy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:34 am

how big will the file size be?

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:14 am

Jtrizzy wrote:how big will the file size be?

PSN version is a bit short of 400 MB, PC installer is a bit over 650 MB (Since PC version comes with various drivers and such).

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:27 pm

Wow only 400 MB? I was expecting it to be around 1 GB.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:39 pm

SirDrago wrote:Wow only 400 MB? I was expecting it to be around 1 GB.

I was myself surprised too, but our programmers have packed everything extremely well, and our artists have optimized everything to look best at HD resolution. It's still a lot of content compared to normal PSN titles, which is also shown in the fact that we have "big" title budget with trophies, unlike normal PSN titles.

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:26 pm

Ok i dont get it Lauri. Why does this game has a solid release date for the PSN:

http://www.vg247.com/2009/06/23/punishe ... n-release/

but Trine doesnt? Does that mean Trine comes even later out on PSN?

decoy

Postby decoy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:33 pm

Flower too was relatively small, having arguably most beautiful graphics this gen and proper 3D title, 600mb was fairly low and this game 400mb is surprising too.

Some dirt

Punisher is just announced for 2nd june

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/06/ ... /#comments

PSN is updated on thursdays.
So thursday 2nd june game is already announced i bet Trine wont hit on this date.
Chances are 16th and not even 9th.
I believe they will miss even 9th which they should not, which makes not only the wait harder but also late release than PC also not 'so' early july.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:57 pm

We are still waiting for last technical approval from Sony, which can happen this week or next week, given that they don't find any bugs.

After the approval I've understood it's only about our publisher after that, and I'm sure they won't slow things down after that. But again, I have no idea how fast you can "just" release the game after the tests have passed.

PC version release date is tied to PSN release date (well, loosely), which we don't know yet for sure. I know it's very frustrating to wait without knowning exact date, but trust me it's the same for us also :?

I hope we can get the new trailer out soon (well, I suppose it will only make the short wait even more painful :wink: )

Heisem

Postby Heisem » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:05 pm

I recommend you guys to not release the game on the same week of FatPrincess...i believe your publisher is already studying the consequences of that since FatPrincess is a blast of title while Trine still unknown by most of the ps3 owners

Jtrizzy

Postby Jtrizzy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:22 am

Wow, I'm really surprised the file is that small considering how good it looks, and isn't the game 8-10 hours long?

Regarding Fat Princess...I think that has been delayed till August. Either way I am far more excited for this game. I was in the Fat Princess beta, and while I thought it was fun, this looks much more engaging.

Obviously I haven't played it yet, but I'm hoping this will be the next great game in the vein of Flower and Braid.
Last edited by Jtrizzy on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

decoy

Postby decoy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:38 am

So many years have passed, so many technological breakthroughs in industry but still immaturity in dates, localization and releases. Damn the publishers, seriously they need to be better and evolve with proper standards. KOF12 is delayed too , and ignition doesnt know when to release, they don't even know AS publishers i mean what the hell? Where other versions like korean and japanese confirmed.

And here the developers don't know date themselves, Sony playing shady games with no publicity and hype. Summer came and gone all games end of july and end of august, guess Infamous and Redfaction were the only GAMES of summer for me.
Since i can' tsit idle i have to spent my credits on KZ2 expansion and SoldnerX, and have to go through fatigue of buying PSN cards again for Trine later, maybe i will miss DAY1.

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:32 pm

The problem is if companies are too big they getting slower and slower. Its like a goverment. When you want something from them. Everything has to get checked and approved and that will take ages. I mean its good on one side that Sony checks the games before they release it but on the other side its slows things down to a rediculous points. But its not just Sony. Nintendo is the same way. In times of the Internet those companies still work like 15 years ago where you could be slower since the information flow was much slower too. But now people get much faster updates and can communicate with the devs directly. Which means the big companies just need to get faster and get the games out once they are finshed.

Return to “Trine”