demo feedback/bugs

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
bibi

demo feedback/bugs

Postby bibi » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:36 am

first of all, simply awesome, gameplay graphics are superb.

two problems i've noticed however :

-at certain points the game slows down dramatically and runs really choppy, after about 1-2 minutes it returns to normal speed however even if you stay at the same spot. first i thought it may be because a lot of the physics is going on, but since everything remained constant and then the FPS went way up again after a while that does not seem to be the case (Vista 32bit, geforece 8800gtx (driver version 8.15.11.8618), 2 gig ram).

-saving the game - i did not finish the demo yet because i didnt have enough time to play thorugh it in one sitting. am i missing something? the checkpoints obviously dont save the state automatically so you can return to it later. will there be a more reliable save option for those of us who cant spend 30+ in one sitting?

other than those problems i've enjoyed the atmosphere greatly and will definately get this game even if the above mentioned problems are not fixed.

FlukeRogi

Re: demo feedback/bugs

Postby FlukeRogi » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:48 pm

Only slowdown I noticed was when I tried to use 4xAA (running on an nVidia 280GTX). Even lowering the res didn't help. Put it at 2x and it was flawless.

With saving, I'm guessing it'll be a bit like Shadowgrounds, which iirc only actually saved the game between missions/stages.

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:14 pm

Ok i got a bug. When i encoutered the first skeleton. It hit me, i hit back and then the screen went black and i could only hear the music. It was frozen so i had to reset my PC.

bibi

Postby bibi » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:36 pm

FlukeRogi wrote:Only slowdown I noticed was when I tried to use 4xAA (running on an nVidia 280GTX). Even lowering the res didn't help. Put it at 2x and it was flawless.

With saving, I'm guessing it'll be a bit like Shadowgrounds, which iirc only actually saved the game between missions/stages.

as you suspected i do indeed have AA at 4x. i will try to put it on 2x next time i start it and hopefully that'll help. thanks for reminding me heheh

Edit: i just tried it out, and you were right. runs smooth as butter now.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:41 pm

These problems might be related to AA, even it shouldn't cause anything like this. Disabling AA should help, but of course we have to address all issues with proper fixes also.

Thanks for the feedbacks and bug reports!

Return to “Trine”