Trine PC issues

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
Mathmaruader

Trine PC issues

Postby Mathmaruader » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:06 pm

I am having issues with the Trine demo, it runs very well on High for my pc but every 20 seconds the screen locks up and the sound starts stuttering. I have updated all my drivers and I am hoping this issue can get fixed because the game is very fun. The lock-up generally seems random, it just gets very frustrating when you lock up on a platforming section and when the lock-up ends you are dead. Thanks hope this is a known issue getting fixed.

Mr. ShadowStealer

Re: Trine PC issues

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:41 pm

Are you running on 4xAA? If so, try reducing it to 2xAA first.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

FlukeRogi

Postby FlukeRogi » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:20 am

As above. Has been mentioned in a couple of other posts. 4xAA seems to kill performance even on fast gfx cards.

Mathmaruader

Postby Mathmaruader » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:56 pm

It was first set to 8x, then I disabled it, this did not seem to fix it, then I tried updating all my drivers and that does not fix it either.

Araris

Postby Araris » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:22 am

It doesn't go up to 8x, you disabled AF, go back and disable AA.

Mathmaruader

Postby Mathmaruader » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:37 am

It wasn't AA either disabled both. I figured it out though, the game appears to have a problem with my realtek onboard sound card. When I disabled sound in the game everything worked great, was able to crank the AA back up and it looked amazing.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:48 pm

Right, thanks for reporting that so we know it can be a cause too... Maybe new sound drivers would help (or motherboard drivers), that's all I can suggest really.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:12 pm

Ah the sound problem...

I remember this with SGS. When I had my old computer with Sound Blaster Live! card, the game kept blue screening on certain parts of certain levels. When I disabled the sound it worked flawlessly.

So I guess there's still some similar errors with the Trine and sounds because, after all, Trine just uses heavily modified SG engine. :)
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

Return to “Trine”