Trine now in Steam pre-order

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
SirDrago

Re: Trine now in Steam pre-order

Postby SirDrago » Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:47 pm

DarkJee wrote:I just have a worry on 1 thing: Piracy

It seems like people on steam forums complain about no online coop so they will not buy because its 30$ (I think thats 30$ is okay, for a high quality game like this one). And when games dont have online features, people download them more illegaly.

So I hope you will make online possibilities so peoples who have downlaoded it will buy it to enjoy it more.

And for everyone, I hope nobody here will download it (well, I hope nobody on the planet will, but I think its impossible). And by my side I think that piracy on indie games are twice worse than piracy on big companies title because indie games need to sales their games to survive and they often offer better games than big companies that are already rich and doesnt innove on their game.

That's it! Pre-ordered!

Its is true BUT i have to say if Trine wont be release on the PSN the same day when its out for PC will encourage people to download it illegaly. Its still not right but theres also some partial fault of the companies then if they just cant do a coordinated launch.

kmanmx

Postby kmanmx » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:16 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:
kmanmx wrote:Good to hear ! :D

Yeh so do i, i just checked some reviews.. seems to be OK/Average. But to be honest, alot of the time i find reviewers concentrate farrrrrrrrrr to much on other elements, when in the end all that really counts is how fun the game is. I mean who cares if a game looks rubbish, bad sound, bad presentation if its the funnest game ever ?. And from what i've seen, it looks very fun :D

I think there are only previews, out of which only half of them have played the game, and the preview version used to be a bit older than the demo (same levels though). But, actual reviews should be coming soon! :D (if you find any with a score, please inform us :D )

I was talking about Shadowgrounds :lol:

But if and when i find any about Trine, i will let you all know !

rmarx

Postby rmarx » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:55 pm

it has been pre-ordered!

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:31 pm

kmanmx wrote:Yeh so do i, i just checked some reviews.. seems to be OK/Average. But to be honest, alot of the time i find reviewers concentrate farrrrrrrrrr to much on other elements, when in the end all that really counts is how fun the game is. I mean who cares if a game looks rubbish, bad sound, bad presentation if its the funnest game ever ?. And from what i've seen, it looks very fun :D

SG actually got fairly good feedback on the "fun" factor, so I hope many people still like it. It is an old game by now but it has probably aged quite well in the gameplay department, and the graphics should still be at least "ok". I am interested to hear comments on this from new players.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

rmarx

Postby rmarx » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:00 am

Since i've gotten it for free with the pre-order I'll be sure to check it out before Trine is released. I looked up some screenshots yesterday and it looked very good. Perspective is very original, so I'm interested in the game :) (also very interested in Trine of course :D )

FlukeRogi

Postby FlukeRogi » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:32 am

For those in the UK who don't use Steam or just want the boxed version, Game seem to be the cheapest having it for pre-order (online) at £17.99.

Return to “Trine”