Trine - Great Game but Major Control/Gameplay Problems

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
djdna

Trine - Great Game but Major Control/Gameplay Problems

Postby djdna » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:38 pm

ok so i downloaded the trine demo and i love the game concept :)

but im having HUGE problems with the controls, the first thing i have to ask is...

1. is there a wii version coming out? if not why not? this game is PERFECTLY suited to the wii controller (wii pointer and nunchuck analog) both default control setups on pc are horrible, if you use a controller you have no way of doing the mouse control parts without them being really boring/long winded and awkward.... on the other hand a mouse works great for those parts but the keyboard sucks for the platforming parts but id also like to play on my HDTV/sofa, which means i cant use mouse/keys anyway... put it this way, with the default controls i find the gameplay is not at all fun, because the controls are way too much of a hindrance and make the game plain annoying/awkward to play... even with a 480p graphical downgrade the game would be a LOT better on Wii

2. ive managed to setup the wii controller and nunchuck to work with my pc, and ive made a script for glovepie so i can play the game with decent HDTV/sofa friendly wii controls, without the annoying keys or having to use an analog stick to interact (which plain sucks!) but the problem im having here is i dont seem to be able to assign the jump function to JUST a button, the up function also seems to jump and when using an analog stick to move its very easy to accidentally press up when moving about etc... so is there any way of un-assigning the up key from also trigging jump? if so how...

please let me know, this is a great game concept, its just made for the wrong systems in terms of controls/gameplay... if anyone can answer either of my questions id be very grateful!!! 1. is there a wii version coming? 2. how can i make the up key NOT trigger the jump function?

a positive answer to either of those means i will probably buy/enjoy this game a lot!! (and recommend it etc etc...) but if i cant do either then my opinion of this game has to simply be "its an amazing concept thats been wasted on the wrong systems/controls" i really hope theres a way i can sort this out because right now its just not playable or fun on the default controls

thanks

djdna

Syrijon

Re: Trine - Great Game but Major Control/Gameplay Problems

Postby Syrijon » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:44 pm

I think you are the first person here who has that much trouble with the controls. I can just tell you that I think both, the gamepad and the keyboard+mouse controls, are great and close to ideal. So, maybe it's also just a matter of getting used to it for you :)
The only actual hint I can give you is that even with a gamepad you have some control over the thief's grappling hook. You can decide in which direction the grappling hook should be shot by pushing the left analog stick, the one used for movement, in that direction. It's not as precise as using a mouse, but it's close and you actually have the advantage that you can't miss when using the gamepad :)
Apart from that, the only situation in which I think the mouse is superior to the gamepad is when "drawing" with the wizard, but I didn't even have a problem with that.

Probably you should just play a bit more using your preferred control method, and maybe you will also find that it actually works well :)

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:56 pm

This is something we have never tried so I'm only giving a guess, but if you bind the wii controller as a game pad, not as keyboard controls, it should not jump when you press the up key.

djdna

Postby djdna » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:07 pm

Syrijon wrote:I think you are the first person here who has that much trouble with the controls. I can just tell you that I think both, the gamepad and the keyboard+mouse controls, are great and close to ideal. So, maybe it's also just a matter of getting used to it for you :)
The only actual hint I can give you is that even with a gamepad you have some control over the thief's grappling hook. You can decide in which direction the grappling hook should be shot by pushing the left analog stick, the one used for movement, in that direction. It's not as precise as using a mouse, but it's close and you actually have the advantage that you can't miss when using the gamepad :)
Apart from that, the only situation in which I think the mouse is superior to the gamepad is when "drawing" with the wizard, but I didn't even have a problem with that.

Probably you should just play a bit more using your preferred control method, and maybe you will also find that it actually works well :)

thanks for the swift reply!! and yes im very picky about controls tbh :P (i cant stand fps games on analog controllers due to the slower pace and use of soft-lock mechanics etc etc...

i really have tried the default controls a lot and i "could" get by playing on mouse/keys (i think using an analog stick to aim/draw is not at all fun though) but the problem with mouse/keys is it means i have to sit at the pc thats all, id rather relax and play it on the HDTV and sofa, which means the only acceptable interface is the wiimote/nunchuck for me (and it really is IDEAL for the gameplay mechanic!! so if any of the developers are reading this PLEASE consider a wii version of this game!)

djdna

Postby djdna » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:11 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:This is something we have never tried so I'm only giving a guess, but if you bind the wii controller as a game pad, not as keyboard controls, it should not jump when you press the up key.

ok now that sounds useful!!! thanks a lot!!

and you know what would be nice? if there was a thread on this forum with a glovepie script on so people can use it if they prefer (on the pc version) if i get it all working well and you guys allow people to attach/upload small files, ill happily share my glovepie script with the world

at least that gives me something to try anyway!! so thanks a lot :D i REALLY hope it works because this game will be AWESOME with the controls ive setup on the wiimote, if only i can fix that jump problem

sorry for any perceived negativity btw, i am just VERY picky about controls and gameplay mechanics

great game! great forum! fast responses! very helpful! thanks a lot

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:37 pm

djdna wrote:and you know what would be nice? if there was a thread on this forum with a glovepie script on so people can use it if they prefer (on the pc version) if i get it all working well and you guys allow people to attach/upload small files, ill happily share my glovepie script with the world

at least that gives me something to try anyway!! so thanks a lot :D i REALLY hope it works because this game will be AWESOME with the controls ive setup on the wiimote, if only i can fix that jump problem

Hope it works, and if it does, it would be great if you can share the config/script with others who want this kind of "unusual" controls :D

djdna

Postby djdna » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:02 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:
djdna wrote:and you know what would be nice? if there was a thread on this forum with a glovepie script on so people can use it if they prefer (on the pc version) if i get it all working well and you guys allow people to attach/upload small files, ill happily share my glovepie script with the world

Hope it works, and if it does, it would be great if you can share the config/script with others who want this kind of "unusual" controls :D

no problem, ill have a go later... if i cant do it ill share the script im using now, which works other than up on the stick being jump, which is annoying but its still better than using an analog controller by far :)

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:32 am

If it doesn't work, here's what might:

Find the correct keybinds.txt, for example \binds\keyboard\0\keybinds.txt
and edit the following:

camera_move_forward = w
jump = space

I think you should put "none" to camera_move_forward and your jump button to jump. This should work.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

djdna

Postby djdna » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:32 am

fb_joel wrote:If it doesn't work, here's what might:

Find the correct keybinds.txt, for example \binds\keyboard\0\keybinds.txt
and edit the following:

camera_move_forward = w
jump = space

I think you should put "none" to camera_move_forward and your jump button to jump. This should work.

thanks! being able to edit the keys could definitely come in handy... :)

the only problem is, i assume if i assign camera_move_forward to "nothing" then i wont be able to use the "up" function at all, which i need for climbing the thief's grappling hook (and maybe other stuff later? that i havent seen in the demo?) anyway not to worry i think i have fixed it now

i tried using the controller setup, i managed to configure the controls fine but on starting the game the controls would stop responding, whether i used a wiimote/nunchuck, wii classic controller or a wired xbox360 controller (all stop responding when the game starts, also all keys stop responding too, so i have to stick to using keyboard/mouse mode only) so i think thats a bug in the game/demo?

ive found a work round for now, ive assigned the nunchuk analog to have a huge "dead zone" for the analogs vertical axis, which means most of the time when you are playing you dont accidentally press up and jump anyway, so it seems to work fine all round now! i will upload the script later in case anyone wants to try/use or edit it for their own purposes (its based on the default mouse/keyboard controls, so should be very easy to use and hassle free)

Eraser

Postby Eraser » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:01 pm

Trine would be bad on Wii, because the Wii sucks.... :lol:

I wouldn´t want to have visuals that look like a game from 5 years ago. Sorry, but the Wii is just a joke from Nintendo.

djdna

Postby djdna » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:24 pm

Eraser wrote:Trine would be bad on Wii, because the Wii sucks.... :lol:

I wouldn´t want to have visuals that look like a game from 5 years ago. Sorry, but the Wii is just a joke from Nintendo.

great so now the kiddies start their "omg graphics arent good enough on wii" crap... why do you think graphics are more important than gameplay?

frankly im 32 years old and i wouldnt be caught dead playing games with N64/ps1 gameplay mechanics, fps games with auto aim and dumed down controls...which is what ps3/360 are stuck with...

all 3 consoles have their benefits and disadvantages, wiis main advantage is better gameplay mechanics, ps3/360s is main advantage is graphics/physics... and pc craps on all 3 consoles from a great height as it has both better graphics and better controls/gameplay mechanics :P

considering this game is more suited to a mouse pointer and HDTV gaming, the wii controls are the most ideal setup tho (better than mouse/keys and a lot lot better than analog controllers, lol)

go away stupid fantard kiddy :) i bet you think pixelated blood or pseudo-realistic graphics are what "hardcore gaming" is all about, lol... go play the original contra games and discover first hand what hardcore gaming is :D

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:46 pm

Just saying that graphics aren't everything.

Hostile Waters. Released on the year 1998. Till this day I have played it 69 times through. I could tell you the whole story of it right of the bat if you asked about it from me.

Yes. 69 playthrough times and I'm still planning to make it solid 70. It isn't the graphics which pull me to play it.

It is the uniqueness of it and there hasn't been a single game which has come even close to the uniqueness and originality of it by this day and I think there never will be.

Graphics aren't all of the game but they are the thing which make you enjoy the game a little bit more when it is pleasing to watch.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

djdna

Postby djdna » Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Mr. ShadowStealer wrote:Just saying that graphics aren't everything.

Hostile Waters. Released on the year 1998. Till this day I have played it 69 times through. I could tell you the whole story of it right of the bat if you asked about it from me.

Yes. 69 playthrough times and I'm still planning to make it solid 70. It isn't the graphics which pull me to play it.

It is the uniqueness of it and there hasn't been a single game which has come even close to the uniqueness and originality of it by this day and I think there never will be.

Graphics aren't all of the game but they are the thing which make you enjoy the game a little bit more when it is pleasing to watch.

thankyou and i totally agree...

a good example for me would be perfect dark on N64 which has similar analog/auto aim fps gameplay to most new fps games but did a much better job of options/modes and weapons than any modern console fps games ive played, which proves to me that a good game doesnt rely on graphics at all, it relies on good gameplay but having nice art/graphics on top of that helps a lot!

i still play perfect dark now its that good and i intend to buy an xbox360 to play the port of perfect dark on XBLA too, because its still the best analog based fps game ive ever played, crappy graphics or not...

purple_pixie

Postby purple_pixie » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:54 pm

I must confess that I have also had serious issues getting a controller to work.

The controller in question is a Logitech RumblePad 2, and the specific issue is with player 2 (the controller player) has no way of controlling his cursor.
This renders the Thief's grappling hook / bow fairly redundant, and likewise the Mage's abilities are somewhat diminished.

I've tried changing every function to pretty much every input on the controller, and still no dice.

However, the Mouse + Keyboard controls are well suited, and work perfectly. No issues whatsoever completing the demo with Mouse + Keyboard.

I'm not sure what complaint people could have about that aspect ... assuming they've ever used a mouse or keyboard (or even both!) before :roll:

djdna

Postby djdna » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:54 pm

purple_pixie wrote:I must confess that I have also had serious issues getting a controller to work.

The controller in question is a Logitech RumblePad 2, and the specific issue is with player 2 (the controller player) has no way of controlling his cursor.
This renders the Thief's grappling hook / bow fairly redundant, and likewise the Mage's abilities are somewhat diminished.

I've tried changing every function to pretty much every input on the controller, and still no dice.

However, the Mouse + Keyboard controls are well suited, and work perfectly. No issues whatsoever completing the demo with Mouse + Keyboard.

I'm not sure what complaint people could have about that aspect ... assuming they've ever used a mouse or keyboard (or even both!) before :roll:

its not that i have issues with mouse/keys setup, i much prefer it to the analog controller setup anyway, its more the fact that i cant play on my HDTV/sofa using mouse/keys easily... i also much prefer using a dpad/analog stick for character movement over keys but id still much much rather play it on mouse/keys and have the manual mouse aiming mechanics in play, than using a controller... :)

it doesnt matter anyway ive managed to get a workable script for the wiimote/nunchuck going now, so ill be using that on my HDTV/sofa from now on ;) im going to upload it here later when i have more time to double check it all works (which might be hard as im still on the demo so i dont know if i can trouble shoot all control outcomes etc...)

Eraser

Postby Eraser » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:08 am

djdna wrote:

great so now the kiddies start their "omg graphics arent good enough on wii" crap... why do you think graphics are more important than gameplay?

frankly im 32 years old and i wouldnt be caught dead playing games with N64/ps1 gameplay mechanics, fps games with auto aim and dumed down controls...which is what ps3/360 are stuck with...

all 3 consoles have their benefits and disadvantages, wiis main advantage is better gameplay mechanics, ps3/360s is main advantage is graphics/physics... and pc craps on all 3 consoles from a great height as it has both better graphics and better controls/gameplay mechanics :P

considering this game is more suited to a mouse pointer and HDTV gaming, the wii controls are the most ideal setup tho (better than mouse/keys and a lot lot better than analog controllers, lol)

go away stupid fantard kiddy :) i bet you think pixelated blood or pseudo-realistic graphics are what "hardcore gaming" is all about, lol... go play the original contra games and discover first hand what hardcore gaming is :D

Well if you mean better gameplay mechanics is waggeling your wiimote, then you are right...but if you want good and reliable control then the gamepad is much better than those stupid wiimotes. The Wii is just a Gamecube with a gimmick attached to it. Just stupid.

So you are 32 years old....wow, fantastic, I am 35 and been playing for most of my life and I just think that the Wii sucks. There are a handfull of good games for that system, but most of those games would be better on a gamepad and with better graphics. Sorry to say that. I did own a Gamecube and N64 and Super Nintendo and for my taste the Super Nintendo was the best Nintendo console by far. N64 and Gamecube were ok, but after a few games from first party, most other games from third party sucked.

And that is the way with the Wii, some good first party games and a whole lot of crappy third party. And just think how good Mario Galaxy or something like that would look and play on a good gamepad and in HD....it would just be....Wow. Instead you get imrecise waggeling controls and crappy visuals.

djdna

Postby djdna » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:52 pm

Eraser wrote:
djdna wrote:

Well if you mean better gameplay mechanics is waggeling your wiimote, then you are right...but if you want good and reliable control then the gamepad is much better than those stupid wiimotes. The Wii is just a Gamecube with a gimmick attached to it. Just stupid.

So you are 32 years old....wow, fantastic, I am 35 and been playing for most of my life and I just think that the Wii sucks. There are a handfull of good games for that system, but most of those games would be better on a gamepad and with better graphics. Sorry to say that. I did own a Gamecube and N64 and Super Nintendo and for my taste the Super Nintendo was the best Nintendo console by far. N64 and Gamecube were ok, but after a few games from first party, most other games from third party sucked.

And that is the way with the Wii, some good first party games and a whole lot of crappy third party. And just think how good Mario Galaxy or something like that would look and play on a good gamepad and in HD....it would just be....Wow. Instead you get imrecise waggeling controls and crappy visuals.

think about what you just said... im talking about good wii games, stuff like re4 or PES09 where the gameplay is better than it could be on ps3/360 due to the improved controller precision etc (the wii pointer mainly, which is like a mouse) dont be such an idiot, wii has plenty of good games and the best ones wouldnt be possible on ps3/360 due to their interface limitations

great so youre old enough to know better than to be a trolling fanboy! thats what 13 year olds do ffs! youre entitled to your opinion just dont base it on misinformation or you look stupid

super nintendo was my fave nintendo console, until wii came out and allowed me to play almost all my fave nes/snes/megadrive/n64/neo geo/master system/c64/turbogf16 games all in 480p on an HDTV with 1 set of controllers/cables, part of what makes wii the best selling next gen console is the fact it has a HUGE back library of oldskool games, not to mention it supports modding and homebrew/emulation etc... plus gamecube games as well (so its better than any one of those consoles were alone imo)

mario galaxy would SUCK on ps3/360, you have mario in HD which would look something like this > http://hight3ch.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... _mario.jpg RETARDED!!! and you wouldnt be able to use any of the pointing gameplay mechanics, for new interesting gameplay...

sounds like you played some rubbish wii games on a friends wii, watched a crappy advert and made your mind up.... the few good/hardcore first and third party games on wii, show a lot more promise than most ps3/360 games, which still have the same gameplay/controls as ps1/n64 :P also why would sony be copying the wiiremote idea if it wasnt better? they wouldnt

have you played games like metroid 3, conduit, PES09, RE4 or world of goo on wii? they all do things you couldnt do on a ps3/360

also please name me some ps3/360 games that couldnt have been done on gamecube/ps2/xbox with worse graphics

Eraser

Postby Eraser » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:37 pm

Well as soon as Natal comes out I think the Wiimote and all that stuff is pretty obsolete.

If you don´t care for good graphics then thats your opinion, I on the other hand prefer graphics that don´t look like something from 5 years ago, regardless of the gameplay you are so fond of. And Galaxy would be better on a HD console, cause they could have done so much more, because of the greater memory systemwise or because of the DVD or Blu-ray. Sure the Wiimote is fun, but just for a couple of hours, it´s a gimmick, nothing more. God, I wouldn´t want to play a Beat em up or something like that on the Wii.

The Wii is good for some games, namely Minigames, or First Party games, cause they seem to know what they are doing. But what good Third Party games are there, that don´t suck? Boom Blox seems good, but then what?

Keep your Wii, I just say that it is a console I am not interested in. I just hope that Nintendo will soon release a console, that has more capabilities than some gimmick.

And sure you can almost all games bring to the Wii, but they would look terrible. Look at Fallout 3, I wouldn´t want to know how that would look and play on the Wii.

Nintendo did a great marketing move when they just put the Gamecube stuff in another shell and slammed the Wiimote in there. Now it is a console mostly for older women or parents or very young kids.

The E3 press conference from Nintendo was terrible, what hardcore games where there? Metroid ok, but for a Metroid there are five My Pony titles.

For me....the Wii...no thanks. It´s just my opinion and I am not alone. I know people that bought a Wii and now it just sits there and isn´t played because of the lack of good games.

And dissing Trine because it hasn´t waggle control isn´t very informed either. It controls perfectly without any Wiimote.

djdna

Postby djdna » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:50 pm

Eraser wrote:Well as soon as Natal comes out I think the Wiimote and all that stuff is pretty obsolete.

If you don´t care for good graphics then thats your opinion, I on the other hand prefer graphics that don´t look like something from 5 years ago, regardless of the gameplay you are so fond of. And Galaxy would be better on a HD console, cause they could have done so much more, because of the greater memory systemwise or because of the DVD or Blu-ray. Sure the Wiimote is fun, but just for a couple of hours, it´s a gimmick, nothing more. God, I wouldn´t want to play a Beat em up or something like that on the Wii.

The Wii is good for some games, namely Minigames, or First Party games, cause they seem to know what they are doing. But what good Third Party games are there, that don´t suck? Boom Blox seems good, but then what?

Keep your Wii, I just say that it is a console I am not interested in. I just hope that Nintendo will soon release a console, that has more capabilities than some gimmick.

And sure you can almost all games bring to the Wii, but they would look terrible. Look at Fallout 3, I wouldn´t want to know how that would look and play on the Wii.

Nintendo did a great marketing move when they just put the Gamecube stuff in another shell and slammed the Wiimote in there. Now it is a console mostly for older women or parents or very young kids.

The E3 press conference from Nintendo was terrible, what hardcore games where there? Metroid ok, but for a Metroid there are five My Pony titles.

For me....the Wii...no thanks. It´s just my opinion and I am not alone. I know people that bought a Wii and now it just sits there and isn´t played because of the lack of good games.

And dissing Trine because it hasn´t waggle control isn´t very informed either. It controls perfectly without any Wiimote.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!! NATAL is your come back, PLEASE GO LEARN ABOUT INTERFACES!!!

ok now i just know youre a complete fanboy idiot, NATAL is based on the same hardware/principals as sonys eye toy technology, its much more gimmicky than the wii will ever be, at least the wii has mouse precision aiming etc... and now motion plus is out it has reliable motion sensing too...

natal is for kids to wave their arms around and jump around in the front room

microsoft have clearly said publically that "natal is primarily aimed at non gamers" not even casual gamers like a lot of the crapper wii games!! but non gamers, people who suck at games and want a nice easy to understand way to play etc... its not for hardcore gamers or even core gamers

my god i face some idiots online sometimes but you are the epitome of ignorant and fanboy, fmassive LOL at soem of the ignorance posted here anyway...

i didnt diss trine at all, i simply said it plays much better on the wiimote/nunchuck because it does, in the same way it plays better on mouse/keys than an analog controller, without the fast/precise mouse or wii pointer, you have to rely on dumbed down analog controls with auto aim mechanics etc... which is the same as fps on analog controllers or rts games... you NEED a faster/more precise aiming mechanic to get more hardcore gameplay mechanics...

trine plays better with a mouse interface, which only wii has so far... im sure xbox720 and ps4 will both use the wiimote concept to improve gameplay mechanics tho, the ps3mote might be out as early as 1/2 years from now, but NATAL, LOL... get a grip!!!

NovaNoah

Postby NovaNoah » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:11 pm

Project Natal wasn't his comeback, he merely mentioned it at the beginning of his post.

zilla

Postby zilla » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:56 pm

If you guys are really in your 30's you should try and act your age. Just let people play what they enjoy and who cares if you don't share the same interests.

Rahabib

Postby Rahabib » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:06 am

back on topic.

if anyone does get the wiimotes on the PC working smoothly via glovepie, please post your scripts / cfg changes. purple_pixie, feel free to post your links maybe I can tweak a bit on top of what you have.

werpu

Postby werpu » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:31 am

Eraser wrote:Well as soon as Natal comes out I think the Wiimote and all that stuff is pretty obsolete.

Actually to drive the discussion again into a less fanboyism direction (I have a wii btw. also an xbox 360 controller for my PC, and if there were games I was interested in I would have a PS3 besides my PSP and NDS ;-) )
Dont dismiss the Wii and Nunchuck, while not perfect this combination has its merits. The nunchuck is more or less a one hand gampad while the wiimote is more or less a mouse (with lag unfortunately) with integrated force feedback in combination with a classic non analog gamepad.
This thing while being relatively simple has its merits. Especially for games like trine were you need a movement and pointer control. (I am playing NyXQuest which is very closely related to trine with it)

While I dont dismiss the gamepad, I am playing trine with it or the mouse keyboard combo, the wii + nunchuck is a perfect option especially since this thing also is wireless.

As for Natal, I dont have high hopes for this, it was a nice E3 showcase, but it is missing one aspect, where is the force feedback. So either they limit themselves to fitness games where this is not needed or you will end up with myriads of third party devices adding the needed force feedback. And believe me this is vital!

I have the highest hopes for the sony system which they showcased on the e3, but even there I still miss the analog movement option the nunchuck provides, but Sonys system definitely is applyable better to many games, due to the force feedback they provide, time will show if they provide something nunchuck like additionally!

Eraser

Postby Eraser » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:54 am

Natal is way more advanced technology wise than the nunchuk, but even that will never replace gamepads.

I stand by my opinion and while djdna just made a total fool out of himself, I still think that the Wii is just a little party console but not a real videogameconsole.

Even a programmer from Telltale Games said that the iPhone is more powerful than the Wii. And Nintendo even had to bring out the Wiimotion plus because the controls were inacurate.

But as I am the total fanboy in Djdna´s eyes (when in reality he is acting way more fanboyish than me), I now close this discussion as there will be no more coming to a conclusion.

Motion controls will NEVER replace the normal gamepad controls, they are just a gimmick and can only really be used as an addition.

I sure hope that this trend will soon vanish in obscurity.

joechiocca

Postby joechiocca » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:02 pm

Motion controls are just pathetic. The technology was used in the nintendo 64 days and forgot about untill the wii. Same with rumble, its pathetic. Its even more pathetic that we still use both of these things today. Rumble conceptually sounds pretty good, but when applied its just shit! Never once have i felt realistic rumble in a game, just a tacked on gimmick to satisfy. Every foot step you take should warrant a slight rumble. No? Oh dont get me started on horrible technology. Dont say that with wireless controllers they dont have the battery life to do all that detailed rumble. 2 reasons,1- ps2 was wired and still lacked realistic rumble,2- if the battery limits how much rumble is used and you have to tone it back, why even use it at all if its not satisfactory? It adds stress to an otherwise butter smoth experience.

Return to “Trine”