First Trine Review !

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
kmanmx

First Trine Review !

Postby kmanmx » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:26 pm

As far as i'm aware, this is the first Trine review published :wink:

http://www.nowgamer.com/reviews/pc-mmo/8545/trine

Click the link to find the score :D I think you'll be happy Frozenbyte, well done ! :D :D :D

FB_Lauri

Re: First Trine Review !

Postby FB_Lauri » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:45 pm

kmanmx wrote:As far as i'm aware, this is the first Trine review published :wink:

Click the link to find the score :D I think you'll be happy Frozenbyte, well done ! :D :D :D

Thanks for the link, it really seems to be the first out.

While 83 is fairly good and text seems even more positive, I must note that this review was unofortunately not made from a final version (but yes, no complaints from me! :) )

The first 15-20 magazine reviews are from "near completed" version, and after that we should get only final version reviews.

Syrijon

Postby Syrijon » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:55 pm

While the review nicely sums up what Trine is about, I find that the actual "review" is pretty short and undetailed.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:57 pm

Syrijon wrote:While the review nicely sums up what Trine is about, I find that the actual "review" is pretty short and undetailed.

I think the print magazine has the longer version, while they post only summarized version to online.

kmanmx

Postby kmanmx » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:17 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:
kmanmx wrote:As far as i'm aware, this is the first Trine review published :wink:

Thanks for the link, it really seems to be the first out.

While 83 is fairly good and text seems even more positive, I must note that this review was unofortunately not made from a final version (but yes, no complaints from me! :) )

The first 15-20 magazine reviews are from "near completed" version, and after that we should get only final version reviews.

Well, it can only be better then in the final code.

You must also remember, the vast majority of large super deveopers dont get above 8/10. And yet your a small relatively unkown dev and got 83/100 ? that's pretty darned good :shock: :D :D Now just to wait for IGN, after all, IGN is king. And they're ratings have been very harsh as of lately, so don't feel to bad if you get under 8/10.

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:38 pm

I think IGN will give it 8/10.

Syncerus

Postby Syncerus » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:17 pm

"Graphics: 8.3/10"

What the...? Fallout 3's graphics got 9.6/10 and the graphics in GTA are 9.7/10. IMO Trine is one of the best-looking games ever made, so I really can't understand how it can lose to FO3 and GTAIV, both of which have relatively ugly gray graphics with too much bloom added. Of course there's a difference between genres, but 9.6 vs 8.3 is just wrong. Oh well, reviewers never know anything about games anyway, so it's not that big a deal.

tomnc

Postby tomnc » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:23 pm

Syncerus wrote:"Graphics: 8.3/10"

What the...? Fallout 3's graphics got 9.6/10 and the graphics in GTA are 9.7/10. IMO Trine is one of the best-looking games ever made, so I really can't understand how it can lose to FO3 and GTAIV, both of which have relatively ugly gray graphics with too much bloom added. Of course there's a difference between genres, but 9.6 vs 8.3 is just wrong. Oh well, reviewers never know anything about games anyway, so it's not that big a deal.

Probably 2d vs 3d... Trine looks wonderful, but I think the 3D games mentioned above would score higher.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:40 am

Just a note that from a technical perspective Trine is fully 3D. It's just the camera and controls that are locked to a 2D plane.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Trine”