Trine for Wii?

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
djdna

Trine for Wii?

Postby djdna » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:00 pm

i know i asked this in another thread but i didnt get an answer.. . so im asking again :P

i think the wii-mote/nunchuck control setup is the ideal control config for this game by far and i know tons of gamers that bought wii's for games with innovative gameplay concepts, just like trine's!!

so can anyone please tell me, is there a Wii version coming? is it likely in the future? maybe the sequel or a special edition version could be on wii? and if not why not!!

any info would be very welcome...

DarkJee

Re: Trine for Wii?

Postby DarkJee » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:12 pm

I doubt it, since wiiware channel doesnt have as many games as XBLA and PSN, and is less source opened... The wii is a console apart, that is not as strong as the other console and I dont think it will ever come on it. But Yes the wiimote+nunchuk would be perfect for this!

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:45 pm

Trine also is great because of the graphics. Wii cant do the same so i doubt it will ever come for the Wii.

Araris

Postby Araris » Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:27 am

I don't know, you'd only need to run it in 720x480p for the Wii. If you set the graphics to medium it might work. My guess is that Frozenbyte didn't have the budget to separately code a Wii version, which is fine by me considering I'm getting it on the PC anyways.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:46 am

A Wii version is quite unlikely unfortunately. It does not have as much technical power as the other consoles, as said above. I think that after Trine is released and then "done", we'll look into options and check the Wii hardware more closely, because of course it is an interesting platform... but Trine probably won't be released on Wii. Maybe a sequel would be more possible but it's too early to think about that yet.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

djdna

Postby djdna » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:00 am

fb_joel wrote:A Wii version is quite unlikely unfortunately. It does not have as much technical power as the other consoles, as said above. I think that after Trine is released and then "done", we'll look into options and check the Wii hardware more closely, because of course it is an interesting platform... but Trine probably won't be released on Wii. Maybe a sequel would be more possible but it's too early to think about that yet.

thankyou, a sequel would be great! im pretty sure wiiware has about a 50mb limit so i doubt it would be suitable for that but as a full dvd based game? i think it would do well also, as a wii owner this is exactly the kind of game i signed up for anyway! fun innovative mechanics and gameplay concepts, executed with a lot of charm... hats off to you!

shame its not happening on wii this time anyway, maybe next time... i just felt like the gameplay mechanics would be best suited to the wii controller but thanks for letting me know where you stand on it :) and keep up the good work, look forward to seeing what you guys come up with next!

Return to “Trine”