EXP and other stuff.

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
mudbeed
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:38 pm

EXP and other stuff.

Postby mudbeed » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:35 pm

Hi,

I was watching:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/pc-demo-trine/52085

I see folks picking up experience etc. which means this game will probably be a bit more than just an action puzzle game.

I have tried searching for gameplay details and specifics, what is exp used for?

Do you gain new skills or do you just improve skills you already have... maybe both?

Can anyone point me to specifics?

Thanks!

Ark
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:29 am

Re: EXP and other stuff.

Postby Ark » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:42 pm

You collect exp. points to upgrade your character.

mudbeed
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: EXP and other stuff.

Postby mudbeed » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:47 pm

Ark wrote:You collect exp. points to upgrade your character.


Thanks for "answering" but I was looking for a little more info than that. One would assume that is what exp is for.

SirDrago
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 9:55 pm

Re: EXP and other stuff.

Postby SirDrago » Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:55 pm

mudbeed wrote:
Ark wrote:You collect exp. points to upgrade your character.


Thanks for "answering" but I was looking for a little more info than that. One would assume that is what exp is for.


Press I in the demo and you get to the character screen.

mudbeed
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: EXP and other stuff.

Postby mudbeed » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:02 pm

SirDrago wrote:
mudbeed wrote:
Ark wrote:You collect exp. points to upgrade your character.


Thanks for "answering" but I was looking for a little more info than that. One would assume that is what exp is for.


Press I in the demo and you get to the character screen.


Fine, I'll DL the demo when I get home.

Figured perhaps there was some written info around it but apparently not. thanks!

Ark
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:29 am

Re: EXP and other stuff.

Postby Ark » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:16 pm

It has some minor RPG elements. From the skill's you can actually see in the demo:

Thief: Can shoot 2 arrows instead of one.
Wizard: Can create 2 box's instead of one.
Knight: Chance to do 5% more damage, IIRC.

mudbeed
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: EXP and other stuff.

Postby mudbeed » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:27 pm

Ark wrote:It has some minor RPG elements. From the skill's you can actually see in the demo:

Thief: Can shoot 2 arrows instead of one.
Wizard: Can create 2 box's instead of one.
Knight: Chance to do 5% more damage, IIRC.


Nice good information. Thanks!

rmarx
Posts: 24
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:50 pm

Re: EXP and other stuff.

Postby rmarx » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:54 pm

not chance of 5% extra damage... more like : 5% chance on every hit to do some massive damage

next steps in these upgrades are : wizard can have 4 boxes at the same time, knight has a flaming sword

the trailers also show a hammer for the knight, 3 arrows for the thief and wooden boards for the wizard (to form bridges)

there has also been talk about stopping time by the thief and a fireball spell for the wizard :)

User avatar
Mr. ShadowStealer
Posts: 435
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:12 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: EXP and other stuff.

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:06 pm

From the description found behind the link: "The dead are rising and taking over a once prosperous land, to stop this, you must find the ancient artifact know as the Trine."

Lol. Fail info is fail. They aren't trying to find the Trine. THEY ARE BOUND TOGETHER BY IT! =P
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

Etana
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:17 am

Re: EXP and other stuff.

Postby Etana » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:08 pm

Mr. ShadowStealer wrote:From the description found behind the link: "The dead are rising and taking over a once prosperous land, to stop this, you must find the ancient artifact know as the Trine."

Lol. Fail info is fail. They aren't trying to find the Trine. THEY ARE BOUND TOGETHER BY IT! =P


But they did find it during the tutorial... :roll:

DarkJee
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: EXP and other stuff.

Postby DarkJee » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:21 am

rmarx wrote:not chance of 5% extra damage... more like : 5% chance on every hit to do some massive damage

next steps in these upgrades are : wizard can have 4 boxes at the same time, knight has a flaming sword

the trailers also show a hammer for the knight, 3 arrows for the thief and wooden boards for the wizard (to form bridges)

there has also been talk about stopping time by the thief and a fireball spell for the wizard :)


in the trailer its not 3 arrows for the thief, its flaming arrow =P and not stoping time but slow down time. And I don't think the wizard will have fireball, he would be overpowered =P

One thing that I want to know is: does these upgraded abilities will consume your Magic points? because in the demo only the wizard can consume MP (And I think it doesnt consume enough quick, its almost impossible to empty the bar =P)

User avatar
Mr. ShadowStealer
Posts: 435
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:12 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: EXP and other stuff.

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:22 am

Well... Yeah... In a way. Thief was after it and two others just dropped at the same place at correct time.

Also DarkJee, you obviously haven't levitated and drawn enough many boxes. ;)
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

GVBN
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:48 pm

Re: EXP and other stuff.

Postby GVBN » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:32 am

The Thief's final bow upgrade is 3 arrows. The Fire Bow is a different skill

DarkJee
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: EXP and other stuff.

Postby DarkJee » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:39 am

Mr. ShadowStealer wrote:Well... Yeah... In a way. Thief was after it and two others just dropped at the same place at correct time.

Also DarkJee, you obviously haven't levitated and drawn enough many boxes. ;)


Okay but you find magic potion everywhere so it can be difficult to use all your magic points :O

User avatar
Mr. ShadowStealer
Posts: 435
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:12 pm
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: EXP and other stuff.

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:41 am

Yeah, true. :mrgreen:
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P


Return to “Trine”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests