Sticky: Forum guidelines/FAQ, read before posting!

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
FB_Lauri

Sticky: Forum guidelines/FAQ, read before posting!

Postby FB_Lauri » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:31 pm

This forum is intended for people who want to discuss Trine. We prefer that the discussion is mostly about the game itself. If you came here to express your frustration about Trine pricing, features, platform support or anything else of similar nature, we suggest you check out the existing threads.

Specifically, please see these posts if you have a complaint in your mind:

We may lock topics that have been discussed in the above threads. The simple reason for these is that it's either out of our control (pricing, XBLA, release dates) or was not feasible to do given our resources and budget (lack of online). We think Trine is a great game and we are always interested to hear what people think about it, but lately there has been so much talk about "external" things that it has taken the focus away from the game itself that we felt some kind of guidelines are needed.

And finally, if you came here to discuss Trine, the game itself, my warmest welcome! :D

SirDrago

Re: Sticky: Forum guidelines, read before posting!

Postby SirDrago » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:06 pm

I would suggest to lock this thread and make it sticky. Otherwise people will complain about it :).

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:12 pm

SirDrago wrote:I would suggest to lock this thread and make it sticky. Otherwise people will complain about it :).

The speech is free until you say something wrong :wink:

HaakonXCI

Postby HaakonXCI » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:16 pm

Glad this thread is up before people go nuts about it when it's released.
I am the cat's pajamas.

Nygovtsky

Postby Nygovtsky » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:39 pm

If you came here to express your frustration about Trine pricing, features, platform support or anything else off-topic, you have come to wrong place and there is a great chance your post will get locked/deleted.

So where would one go to express their discontent with issues, both current and future ones? I would imagine it is still important to hear customer views, both positive and negative, so ideas can be carried to future games that may cause less controversy or problems.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:47 pm

Nygovtsky wrote:
If you came here to express your frustration about Trine pricing, features, platform support or anything else off-topic, you have come to wrong place and there is a great chance your post will get locked/deleted.

So where would one go to express their discontent with issues, both current and future ones? I would imagine it is still important to hear customer views, both positive and negative, so ideas can be carried to future games that may cause less controversy or problems.

Content-related issues, bugs, feature suggestions etc. can be still posted here.

(and actually you can post anything, these are only guidelines under which I lock/delete posts if I think it's something what's already been discussed enough :wink:)

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:02 pm

See Lauri i told you people start complaining that they cant complain anymore!

Nygovtsky

Postby Nygovtsky » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:36 pm

SirDrago wrote:See Lauri i told you people start complaining that they cant complain anymore!

This isn't a complaint, merely a question, as it is a fairly important issue if people feel they are unable to voice their frustrations. Lauri answered my question though which I'm content with, and I thank her for it.

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:35 pm

Nygovtsky wrote:
SirDrago wrote:See Lauri i told you people start complaining that they cant complain anymore!

This isn't a complaint, merely a question, as it is a fairly important issue if people feel they are unable to voice their frustrations. Lauri answered my question though which I'm content with, and I thank her for it.

Her? LOL.....

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:09 am

Kickban!

Haha just kidding. I'm glad my name is internationally recognized as a male name. Too bad for Lauri. ;)

Also, I edited the starting post a bit to be more welcoming.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

decoy

Postby decoy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:39 pm

Joel is female NOOOOOOoooooooooooooo actually yesssssssssssssssss, lol

Manny

Postby Manny » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:21 pm

I'm generally a big fan of Steam's good ol' "Posting and you" video. We really need that here. :lol:

Syrijon

Re: Sticky: Forum guidelines/FAQ, read before posting!

Postby Syrijon » Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:32 am

I don't want to create a new topic about it, as it seems a bit shady: This (link removed) site sells Trine at a pretty low price. Is that even a legal deal?
Last edited by Syrijon on Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:25 am

Syrijon wrote:I don't want to create a new topic about it, as it seems a bit shady: [Removed, it's the site which sells CD Keys too cheap] site sells Trine at a pretty low price. Is that even a legal deal?

The site is illegal, and at best they sell same key to multiple people. We don't even have any other key versions than Steam and Gamesplanet, and neither of them can be sold forward. The site even says they are not using Steam version, so I wonder what it is.

I strongly advise people to get Trine from Steam.

Syrijon

Postby Syrijon » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:48 pm

Alright, that's good to know :) I removed the link from my post, I guess you better do the same for the quote then.
I've heard that the retail version of Trine ist generally multilingual, so I guess if one seeks to make a bargain that's the way to go :)

Syrijon

Postby Syrijon » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:32 pm

Ah, their page says that they sell keys of retail versions, which can not be used with Steam. Therefore, it's only useful to buy from them if you already have the CD, but lost your key - or so. Illegal or not, it still seems pretty odd.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:02 pm

Syrijon wrote:Ah, their page says that they sell keys of retail versions, which can not be used with Steam. Therefore, it's only useful to buy from them if you already have the CD, but lost your key - or so. Illegal or not, it still seems pretty odd.

None of Trine retail versions have CD Keys (to our best knowledge). Furthermore, Trine retail versions are NOT out in so called "cheap" countries. So they have no logical way of doing what they do, only the illegal option.

Their business has been widely discussed around the internet, and many have told that the owner of the system is wanted by officials in many Eastern Europe countries for tax frauds and such. So, doesn't look good either in that context :)

Return to “Trine”