Where is my serial number? (Edit: Metaboli / GamesPlanet)

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
Atnas

Where is my serial number? (Edit: Metaboli / GamesPlanet)

Postby Atnas » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:00 am

Got linked to a demo by a friend, got sold on the game instantly and went here: http://trine.gamesplanet.com/trine-game-nobilis.html , where I bought it (expensive gah but absolutely worth it to support such a brilliant game). Downloaded the 2 files needed, installed, started it up... and got asked for my serial number to activate it. What.

Absolutely nowhere have I been given a serial number. I checked my e-mail, no. The confirmation of the purchase, no. Please help, what did I do wrong/what is wrong with my game? I'm so eager to play it, but if it is because of some oversight on their part, I'd be really pissed off!

DarkJee

Re: Where is my serial number?

Postby DarkJee » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:14 am

Feel lucky to already have the full game (without serial), because the steam version will not come out before at least tomorow

Atnas

Postby Atnas » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:15 am

I don't feel very lucky at all, seeing as how I spent 30€ on a game I can't play! Will they send it to me later, or what? =/ Also, I suppose Shadowgrounds doesn't come if I bought from Nob... Nobobbibiilil website right?

Man, I'm disappointed, I was so pumped to play it haha!

DarkJee

Postby DarkJee » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:42 am

Atnas wrote:I don't feel very lucky at all, seeing as how I spent 30€ on a game I can't play! Will they send it to me later, or what? =/ Also, I suppose Shadowgrounds doesn't come if I bought from Nob... Nobobbibiilil website right?

Man, I'm disappointed, I was so pumped to play it haha!

Well, thats normal you cant play, the game isnt released yet

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:34 am

The activation codes should be sent 3rd July 00:01 GMT or something like that at that site.

Atnas

Postby Atnas » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:56 am

Ah, so I've sort of pre-ordered it then or something? I would've appreciated some sort of message like that on the site I bought it from :)

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:59 pm

Atnas wrote:Ah, so I've sort of pre-ordered it then or something? I would've appreciated some sort of message like that on the site I bought it from :)

We are sorry for the confusion. That site is handled by our publisher and we have no means to control what is shown there, unfortunately. :?

Atnas

Postby Atnas » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:30 am

FB_Lauri wrote:The activation codes should be sent 3rd July 00:01 GMT or something like that at that site.

Nothing so far. Crap.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:57 am

Could you double-check the email the site should sent you?

If you don't find the code, you should contact Nobilis or Metaboli, as we don't really know how their system works. Hope it gets resolved!

Atnas

Postby Atnas » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:23 am

Oh, I can assure you that there's nothing in the e-mail that I have missed! I already have contacted their support (did it while I made this thread) and I've received no response- included order number and everything. Bollocks.

Preyer

Postby Preyer » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:24 pm

Yeah, the Nobilis/Metaboli preorder has really screwed us off, neither me or one of my friends has yet gotten a single email from there. Another friend who bought the game after it was available is already playing it. Nice going.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I sent an email to the Nobilis' contact mail already around 3 o'clock in the morning.
Last edited by Preyer on Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:29 pm

I'm really sorry for the trouble, seems like Metaboli really isn't up to their task. Please mail them to get things going.

I will also inform Nobilis about the issue.

Darkmeteor

Postby Darkmeteor » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:55 pm

I have the same issue ... I ordered it on that gamesplanet website, and the email said I should receive download link at 00:01 on 03/07/09

looks like nobody got the mail yet

I also sent a mail to nobilis and one to gamesplanet (I'm confused at which one is concerned), and neither sent a reply yet, what disappointment.... everybody is already playing but us

Atnas

Postby Atnas » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:27 pm

Sent another e-mail, hoping for an answer soon, but with my luck it wont be within the week. bleh.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:33 pm

Nobilis told me Metaboli is supposed to work this way, ie. they have some sort of 8 hour delay sending the codes.

I encourage everyone to contact Metaboli (not Nobilis) to solve any problems, specially if you haven't got your key in 8 hours.

And finally, I'm very sorry for this mess.

Preyer

Postby Preyer » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:39 pm

Yeah, it has been over 15 hours already. I sent a mail to Metaboli an hour ago, now just waiting if they I will answer it anytime soon (hopefully not office time tomorrow.. or even monday).

Manny

Postby Manny » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:23 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:Nobilis told me Metaboli is supposed to work this way, ie. they have some sort of 8 hour delay sending the codes.

I encourage everyone to contact Metaboli (not Nobilis) to solve any problems, specially if you haven't got your key in 8 hours.

I've bought Trine over Steam, so thankfully I don't have this issue.
I did however experience the exact problem with Armed Assault 2 which I bought from metaboli. It eventually resolved itself, but my gut feeling is that the "8 hour delay" really just means: "until someone in the office checks up on it", ie. during working hours in France (at least that's where I think their office is located).

Atnas

Postby Atnas » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:01 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:Nobilis told me Metaboli is supposed to work this way, ie. they have some sort of 8 hour delay sending the codes.

But that was about 19 hours ago, haha :) Is Metaboli the "[email protected]" or is it something else?

Preyer

Postby Preyer » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:04 pm

Atnas wrote:But that was about 19 hours ago, haha :) Is Metaboli the "[email protected]" or is it something else?

I don't know if that works too, but I sent a question through: http://eptica.metaboli.com/couk/submit.do

Atnas

Postby Atnas » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:05 pm

The email "[email protected]" is for Metaboli, I checked it now. No response yet :(

Atnas

Postby Atnas » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:42 am

Nothing overnight either, gah. I'm beginning to think of a way to get my money back so I can buy it off steam instead.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:49 am

Atnas wrote:Nothing overnight either, gah. I'm beginning to think of a way to get my money back so I can buy it off steam instead.

I'm also out of options, as it seems they have screwed the preorders pretty bad (newer orders seem to get instantly the keys).

I would say it really looks like they should refund, as they have not provided the game as promised (3.7.2009 00:01). Hope you get it solved!

Btw, I edited the topic so others experiencing similar trouble can join the discussion.

ytherbium

Re: Where is my serial number? (Edit: Metaboli / GamesPlanet)

Postby ytherbium » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:52 pm

I have exactly the same problem. the 07/02 ,i bought the game and they have sent me an e-mail for downloading the game but without the serial number.
I have sent a mail to [email protected] one day ago. but they have never answered me. I don't know what i can do, i'm actually thinking that i have lost my money.

Atnas

Postby Atnas » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:55 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:
Atnas wrote:Nothing overnight either, gah. I'm beginning to think of a way to get my money back so I can buy it off steam instead.

I'm also out of options, as it seems they have screwed the preorders pretty bad (newer orders seem to get instantly the keys).

I would say it really looks like they should refund, as they have not provided the game as promised (3.7.2009 00:01). Hope you get it solved!

Btw, I edited the topic so others experiencing similar trouble can join the discussion.

Cheers! You wouldn't know how I would go about requesting a refund? I have a feeling that it involves mailing them lol

FB_Lauri

Re: Where is my serial number? (Edit: Metaboli / GamesPlanet)

Postby FB_Lauri » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:04 pm

I have no idea, but I'd hope service their size has some sort of clear info page or something.

However, I'm sure no-one has lost their monies, and in worst case we will provide the game (but I don't think we need to go that far).

Once again, I can only wonder why Metaboli works (or in this case, doesn't work) this way.

Return to “Trine”