Where is my serial number? (Edit: Metaboli / GamesPlanet)

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
Vestin

Re: Where is my serial number? (Edit: Metaboli / GamesPlanet)

Postby Vestin » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:20 pm

It's a bit ironic, in my case... I had been saving money for migration to i7, then saw the demo, fell in love and preordered regardless. No confirmation from Gamesplanet, no download link, activation key... Nothing.
And they also claim to have their support "7 days a week"... Right...

I think I'll go for the refund as well, seeing how they had the audacity to claim we will get our keys at 00:01 and failed to even answer the emails to support...

Out of curiosity - is the Impulse release a matter of hours, days or weeks ? I like my games as DRMless as they can be and without any software slowing them down while I play them, so it seems like the way to go...

Preyer

Postby Preyer » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:20 pm

Kind of sad that Metaboli seems to be totally quiet (probably they'll wake up on Monday and go like "hey, look at these trine preorderers whine, hehe"), because I don't have the courage to buy from Steam instead. After they solve their problems, they'll most likely give me the game and asking for a refund would probably be a painful process.

felixxx7

Postby felixxx7 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:04 pm

Preyer wrote:Kind of sad that Metaboli seems to be totally quiet (probably they'll wake up on Monday and go like "hey, look at these trine preorderers whine, hehe"), because I don't have the courage to buy from Steam instead. After they solve their problems, they'll most likely give me the game and asking for a refund would probably be a painful process.

i think you are wrong. the metaboli guy( i think is only one man behind gameplanet) has taken a nice holiday in hawai. probably our money from trine pre-orders are now in hawai :lol:

Atnas

Postby Atnas » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:06 pm

Hey, good news!

I got a reply to one of my e-mails today and I have received my serial key! Hurrah! I'm really disappointed at the delay, but at least I got it now!

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:11 pm

Atnas wrote:Hey, good news!

I got a reply to one of my e-mails today and I have received my serial key! Hurrah! I'm really disappointed at the delay, but at least I got it now!

I suppose it's better late than never, and I'm glad at least in your case everything turned out ok :D

Preyer

Postby Preyer » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:26 pm

Finally got my game, only 3 days late. What I think is weird is that Metaboli gave me no apology, just:

"For security resons, your activation key has been sent in a seperate email after a delay of several hours.
You should have received it by now. Please check your spam filter just to make sure.
If you have not received the second mail with the key, pelase contact us again.
We apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you and for ther delay of our answer."

machine

Postby machine » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:56 pm

I preorderd from Gamesplanet, and I've contacted them about it, but I still haven't heard or received anything.

I will never use that service again.

Return to “Trine”