Something wrong with the intro movie/cinematic of the game?

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
aaron80

Something wrong with the intro movie/cinematic of the game?

Postby aaron80 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:44 am

When I launch the game and after they show the Frozenbyte logo, is there any introduction cinema or movie to the game? Because for me, strangely after the logo came on, it just shows a black screen and stop there. I have to press esc to go to the main menu.

And when I start the game, I will hear the narrator speaks but no movie or pictures whatsoever. I have to press esc again to go to the screen where it shows the map. Is there something wrong? Anybody experiencing this or it is just the way the game is?

aaron80

Re: Something wrong with the intro movie/cinematic of the game?

Postby aaron80 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:34 am

anyone can help? :(

Mothra

Postby Mothra » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:01 pm

for me it installed some windows codec drivers and I had to restart my pc. demo worked without any extra installs.

FlukeRogi

Postby FlukeRogi » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:57 pm

Only problem I have with the video is that it displays a couple of extra rows of pixels, seemingly copied from the actual video, across the bottom of the screen. Quite distracting. Shadowgrounds Survivor does the same though, so I'm assuming they're using the same codec.

Actually, saying that, the opening video didn't seem to play back as smoothly as the demo. Had a bit of a judder to it.

DarkJee

Postby DarkJee » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:15 pm

Well, after logo, me its going directly on main menu..

aaron80

Postby aaron80 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:27 am

Problem resolved. Apparently my pc is missing some video codecs. I reinstalled Windows Media Player 11 and everything is working fine now.

Return to “Trine”