Two exploits/glitches found (SPOILERS!)

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
cliftor

Two exploits/glitches found (SPOILERS!)

Postby cliftor » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:44 pm

I found these two while goofing off. I hope it's not cold in here :)

***NOTE: THIS ONE CONTAINS A SPOILER ABOUT THE WIZARDS 2nd and 3rd ABILITIES***

1) I didn't know about the triangle when I found this. Normally the Wizard can't levitate anything he's standing on, to prevent flying cheapness I guess. With the late triangle you can. However, you can fly about on boxes or planks too.

You know how you can move about slightly while levitating? What you do stand near the edge of a platform, levitate a box or plank, bring it to the edge, and shuffle onto it. Then with a little balance you can fly:

2) You know those metal platforms on the wall that are supposed to flip down when you jump onto them, forcing you to be fast? Turns out it's trigged by your character touching it, NOT by weight. So, the Wizard can just put a plank or box on it and stand on that, never triggering the trap:

EDIT: Whoops, I see the message crops the pics along the right side. Just click on the pic to see the whole thing, sorry about that.
EDIT2: btw to Frozenbytes, I LIKE these glitches... please don't patch them!

Zyzybalooba

Re: Two exploits/glitches found

Postby Zyzybalooba » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:21 pm

One more exploit:
While playing co-op, if you switch between characters quickly the keyboard player can 'fly' by holding the up key.

My friends and I were trying to get co-op to work. We were jumping around to see if the controllers were working, and I was just hitting 1,2,3 rapidly to change characters. I was holding up (also works as jump on keyboard) and I noticed that my character kept rising while I was switching characters.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:38 am

Thanks for the wizard exploits, yes they have been left there "intentionally" as we didn't have time for decent fixes and we also thought (or hoped :D ) they would not break the gameplay too bad.

Zyzybalooba wrote:One more exploit:
While playing co-op, if you switch between characters quickly the keyboard player can 'fly' by holding the up key.

My friends and I were trying to get co-op to work. We were jumping around to see if the controllers were working, and I was just hitting 1,2,3 rapidly to change characters. I was holding up (also works as jump on keyboard) and I noticed that my character kept rising while I was switching characters.

This is something what should have been fixed, but I see is not. Bad programmers! :?

gwanogdab

Postby gwanogdab » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:21 am

Or you can stack 2 boxes and levitate the one on the bottom.

Mewmew

Postby Mewmew » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:15 pm

gwanogdab wrote:Or you can stack 2 boxes and levitate the one on the bottom.

Yeah but that doesn't help you much since you tip over in a matter of seconds, and 99% of players have tried to do it while playing and seen that it's harder to do than it's worth (and it's not an exploit or glitch!).

Zyzybalooba

Re: Two exploits/glitches found (SPOILERS!)

Postby Zyzybalooba » Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:29 am

An easier variation is to use a plank and a very small box on top. You can levitate yourself using the plank, and still sort of balance yourself. If you're playing with friends, you can make a box and have a friend destroy it with the warrior without hitting the plank. You end up with a rather funny looking ferry flying through the air with people running back and forth to balance it, and it's very effective.

qeinar

Re: Two exploits/glitches found (SPOILERS!)

Postby qeinar » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:27 pm

wouldn't look at flying on things as a bug/exploit rather look at it as a feature, can be used to get around some on levels, but it's really limited and should be left there for fun. ^^

Return to “Trine”