Trine on iphone!

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
fallacy

Trine on iphone!

Postby fallacy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:12 pm

After playing Hero of Sparta on the iphone it's a similar type game (graphics are weak compared to the high setting of Trine). But I would think that would be a decent platform for it to port to. Use the accelerometer to swing, charge, move boxes. Touch control.
It'd be an interesting experiment. $99 SDK developer fee, and a Mac is needed to start.

Better hurry of someone else will just rip the idea off and create a clone of Trine for it. ;)

Syrijon

Re: Trine on iphone!

Postby Syrijon » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:44 pm

I could also imagine it to work quite well and there'd definitely a lot of room to use the iPhone's / iPod Touch's abilities in a game like Trine. But, the game would clearly have to be made from the ground up for that device, I'm sure it would be simply impossible to just port Trine over as it is. And in this case, I'd prefer Frozenbyte to go on supporting the platforms they are developing on already :)

DarkJee

Re: Trine on iphone!

Postby DarkJee » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:43 am

Frozenbyte would have to rewrite the whole game because of the programing language is really different

Return to “Trine”