Stuck in Forsaken Dungeons (*Spoilers*, obviously)

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
Miths000

Stuck in Forsaken Dungeons (*Spoilers*, obviously)

Postby Miths000 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:55 am

Wow, the difficulty really took a notch upwards when I hit this level (hey, I stink at both puzzle and platform games - and I've got ADHD :p), and right now I'm stuck for the first time with my tiny brain incaple of figuring out how the hell I can move forwards.
I've just been doing a lot of swimming and right now I'm at a point where I need to cross a stretch of water (no swimming or diving this time unless I've missed something during my underwater trips) with three small platforms inviting me to use them to get across and jump onto the tall ledge on the other side. Unfortunately I've been unable to figure out how to lower platforms two and three, and it's a veeery long jump from the first one.
I've tried to come up with assorted box and plank solutions, but the water is making that seemingly impossible, and there doesn't appear to be anything for the thief's grappling hook to attach to.

What am I missing here?

orunin

Re: Stuck in Forsaken Dungeons (*Spoilers*, obviously)

Postby orunin » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:00 am

SPOILER

You can go to the left and swim underground. There will be a wooden box and a bunch of spikes. Levitate or throw the box onto the spikes and use the grappling hook on the box to get to a platform with a lever. OR you can just conjure a long plank (where the 2 platforms are down) and try to run across and jump off before it falls (and it's possible).

Miths000

Re: Stuck in Forsaken Dungeons (*Spoilers*, obviously)

Postby Miths000 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:30 am

Thanks, I'll give that a try tomorrow.

Return to “Trine”