Co-op on PC

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
carlos
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:25 am

Co-op on PC

Postby carlos » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:31 am

Hey

Me and my friend are trying to play co-op on PC.

We, however, don't have any PS3 or Xbox 360 controllers. We've connected two keyboards but it doesn't seem to work.

We've both just purchased 2 separate copies (assuming it was LAN) of the game and would like to play it as soon as possible.

Help!!

Carlos

Lethal
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:26 am

Re: Co-op on PC

Postby Lethal » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:35 am

Same Prob help! respond asap :D

orunin
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:08 am

Re: Co-op on PC

Postby orunin » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:37 am

Mutliple keyboard support is being patched in soon.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... p?t=911111

carlos
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:25 am

Re: Co-op on PC

Postby carlos » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:37 am

Oh okay :D

Thanks for the replies!

Can't wait for the patch! :)

Walter
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:08 pm

Re: Co-op on PC

Postby Walter » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:15 pm

might be a stupid question, but how can you have multiple keyboards when you ony have access to one keyboard slot?

Shancial
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:23 pm

Re: Co-op on PC

Postby Shancial » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:42 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by Shancial on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Walter
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:08 pm

Re: Co-op on PC

Postby Walter » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:25 am

ah cool :P i got the demo, but i never really figured out how to play co-op on it, is it just to plug in an extra keyboard and mouse? and it will work just like that?

Helmutcheese
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:36 am

Re: Co-op on PC

Postby Helmutcheese » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:42 am

It will not let you control 2 or 3 players (or both) till you Enable the Controls for Player 2 and 3 (or both) in the Menu.

carlos
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:25 am

Re: Co-op on PC

Postby carlos » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:54 am

Helmutcheese wrote:It will not let you control 2 or 3 players (or both) till you Enable the Controls for Player 2 and 3 (or both) in the Menu.


Yeah, but you can't enable them until you have sufficient controllers! :]

Helmutcheese
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:36 am

Re: Co-op on PC

Postby Helmutcheese » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:03 pm

carlos wrote:
Helmutcheese wrote:It will not let you control 2 or 3 players (or both) till you Enable the Controls for Player 2 and 3 (or both) in the Menu.


Yeah, but you can't enable them until you have sufficient controllers! :]


I only enabled 2 as my Logitech is plugged in but I use the Mouse/KB, so did not try to enable all 3 but I think you can.

Walter
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:08 pm

Re: Co-op on PC

Postby Walter » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:06 pm

pluged in two keyboards and 2 mouses now, still dont work, but then i read that it will come a patch soon for that, so i'll just have to wait,

Helmutcheese
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:36 am

Re: Co-op on PC

Postby Helmutcheese » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:29 pm

Just unplugged my Logitech and ran game.

Its correct if you try to enable Controls for P2 or P3 it says something like Not Enough Control Devices.

User avatar
Braid
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:44 pm

Re: Co-op on PC

Postby Braid » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:44 pm

The patch will enable also multiple mouse usage? I mean, I can't imagine how would we control the cursor only on keyboard, so I guess it should be as I think, but just to be sure...

Walter
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:08 pm

Re: Co-op on PC

Postby Walter » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:32 am

well...we'll see when it comes out :P isint there any FB guys here that know's this stuff for sure?

voodoochile
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:16 am

Re: Co-op on PC

Postby voodoochile » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:21 am

You guys should think about buying the "Xbox360 controller for windows". Here in the UK I bought mine for just £17.99 including delivery! It's fantastic. I used it to play lots of games. I also have Streetfighter 4 on the PC, and I have two of those controllers so I can play the game with friends. I haven't actually tried Trine with it yet but I think it would probably be really good.

power-mad
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: Co-op on PC

Postby power-mad » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:25 am

well until you do try it with trine, please stop coming off like a bad salesman. Finding the controller for that cheap is an extreme rarity anyways.

voodoochile
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:16 am

Re: Co-op on PC

Postby voodoochile » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:34 am

power-mad wrote:well until you do try it with trine, please stop coming off like a bad salesman. Finding the controller for that cheap is an extreme rarity anyways.


Huh? Why are you such a horrible troll?

I don't work for Microsoft so I'm not a salesman. I say it because it might HELP some of you. You see, I'm a nice person unlike you. It was someone on another forum who told me about the controller so I bought it and now I am really glad. And it is EASY to find. Maybe instead of being a miserable little troll you should use your brain and search the internet. Here is the exact one I bought, which is STILL for sale and STILL at the exact same price. So it's not rare at all.

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/842412/Mi ... oduct.html

It is also on Amazon for a few £ more. Also, there is little need to test it seeing as the game is also available on Xbox360... so it will work perfectly, as it does with everything I've tried.

power-mad
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:00 pm

Re: Co-op on PC

Postby power-mad » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:23 am

voodoochile wrote:Huh? Why are you such a horrible troll?

I don't work for Microsoft so I'm not a salesman. I say it because it might HELP some of you. You see, I'm a nice person unlike you. It was someone on another forum who told me about the controller so I bought it and now I am really glad. And it is EASY to find. Maybe instead of being a miserable little troll you should use your brain and search the internet. Here is the exact one I bought, which is STILL for sale and STILL at the exact same price. So it's not rare at all.

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/842412/Mi ... oduct.html

It is also on Amazon for a few £ more. Also, there is little need to test it seeing as the game is also available on Xbox360... so it will work perfectly, as it does with everything I've tried.

For such a "nice guy", you sure do love name calling and insults. Sorry but you did come off as an annoying salesman there, telling us all about something you don't actually have experience testing, and no, that doesn't make it guaranteed to work.

Helmutcheese
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:36 am

Re: Co-op on PC

Postby Helmutcheese » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:32 am

£17.99 is actually not the cheapest and its a POS wired controller anyhow.

You can get an ugly White Wireless Controller+Crossfire Receiver for £24.99.

If you own an 360 you could just buy the Receiver but they seem to have gone up in price, used to see deals as low as £7.99 but now most are £20-£30.

I would buy if Black but I have a Logitech Wireless Rumblepad 2 and game with Mouse+KB anyhow.
Last edited by Helmutcheese on Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

voodoochile
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:16 am

Re: Co-op on PC

Postby voodoochile » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:01 am

power-mad wrote:
voodoochile wrote:Huh? Why are you such a horrible troll?

I don't work for Microsoft so I'm not a salesman. I say it because it might HELP some of you. You see, I'm a nice person unlike you. It was someone on another forum who told me about the controller so I bought it and now I am really glad. And it is EASY to find. Maybe instead of being a miserable little troll you should use your brain and search the internet. Here is the exact one I bought, which is STILL for sale and STILL at the exact same price. So it's not rare at all.

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/842412/Mi ... oduct.html

It is also on Amazon for a few £ more. Also, there is little need to test it seeing as the game is also available on Xbox360... so it will work perfectly, as it does with everything I've tried.

For such a "nice guy", you sure do love name calling and insults. Sorry but you did come off as an annoying salesman there, telling us all about something you don't actually have experience testing, and no, that doesn't make it guaranteed to work.


What are you babbling about troll? I've used it in several games and it works great every time. It's the exact same thing that you use on an Xbox360, so on games that have been ported to PC or designed for both, it works exactly the same as it does on the Xbox360 version. It even shows you all the buttons in the game. Streetfighter 4, GTA4, Arma2, Battlestations:Midway, I own them all and they all have Xbox360 Controller in the options. I just tested it in Trine and it works perfectly, which is no surprise seeing as Trine was designed for Xbox360 too. What else have you got troll?

Helmutcheese wrote:£17.99 is actually not the cheapest and its a POS wired controller anyhow.

You can get an ugly White Controlled+Crossfire Receiver for £24.99.

If you own an 360 you could just buy the Receiver but they seem to have gone up in price, used to see deals as low as £7.99 but now most are £20-30.

I would buy if Black but I have a Logitech Wireless Rumblepad 2 and game with Mouse+KB anyhow.

1) If you claim to know a cheaper place, why not say?

2) It's not a POS. It's the Xbox360 controller, it's solid and works great. You can get wireless if you pay more, I only got wired because I don't need wireless and I don't want another 2.4g item in my house. I couldn't care less what colour it is, it's a freakin gamepad not a fashion accessory.

NewEra
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:20 pm

Re: Co-op on PC

Postby NewEra » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:42 pm

i've tried plugging a ps 3 controller to my pc for to play the demo co-op... i enabled the second player in the options and an additional character spawned, but i couldn't controll it no matter what i did. does anyone know what i did wrong?

Helmutcheese
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:36 am

Re: Co-op on PC

Postby Helmutcheese » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:46 pm

IMO anything wired is a POS, I gave up on wires in 2002 for Mouse/KB etc.

I don't plug stores here and I cannot remember where I seen the Wired one for less as I was not actually interested in it to start with but did get the Wireless version for a friend.

User avatar
t1rrr0n
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:32 pm

Re: Co-op on PC

Postby t1rrr0n » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:46 pm

after getting Trine on its realeas-date, i played it everyday.
i already played coop with my small sister, but yesterday i had the chance to play coop with 2 other friends, who are, compared to my sister, really able to play it :)

it was awesome. we played from level 1 untill level 10, than, 1 oclock in the morning, we decided to break up.

the coop mode is so much fun. i also like a LAN or online mode, but i think, sitting together at one screen is the best way to enjoy Trine-Coop.
flighing on the wizards objects or getting thrown by the Knight is a great feeling.

we played level 1 to 10 without changing the characters. we had no problems with the controllers. everything perfect.

but there is one aspect, that was a little little bit sad. i played the theaf, and her movement is great. but in coop, you sometimes feel a littel bit alone.
the wizard and the knight always work together. for example: the knight takes a box, made by the wizard, and throws the wizard on a platform. after that, the wizard levitates the knight on the same platform. the thief most times can use her hook, and she just waits untill the other two have finished.

this is not a big negativ point, but if there will be any dlc or a Trine 2, it would be cool if the thief can help the other 2 guys, too.

User avatar
FB_Lauri
Posts: 903
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:51 pm

Re: Co-op on PC

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:53 pm

t1rrr0n wrote:but there is one aspect, that was a little little bit sad. i played the theaf, and her movement is great. but in coop, you sometimes feel a littel bit alone. the wizard and the knight always work together. for example: the knight takes a box, made by the wizard, and throws the wizard on a platform. after that, the wizard levitates the knight on the same platform. the thief most times can use her hook, and she just waits untill the other two have finished.

this is not a big negativ point, but if there will be any dlc or a Trine 2, it would be cool if the thief can help the other 2 guys, too.


Thief can help the others by hanging as a counter-weight in some puzzles, or Thief can be helped by knight by throwing a wooden box to air, then using grappling hook to it :wink:. Thief's multiple arrows specially can also give quite a lot physics force, which helps with some puzzles. But of course, these are rather extreme tricks :)

Thief is able to solo many puzzles (specially when experienced player is playing), so most of her help is in fighting. I hope we get a chance to make additional content where we could also take this kind of things into account.

User avatar
t1rrr0n
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:32 pm

Re: Co-op on PC

Postby t1rrr0n » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:03 pm

Thief can be helped by knight by throwing a wooden box to air, then using grappling hook to it


im an idiot. of course. i forgot this when we played yesterday. shame on me :oops:

hope to have the next coop session soon.


Return to “Trine”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests