PS3 release date?

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
Baukereg

Re: PS3 release date?

Postby Baukereg » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:54 am

I'm checking psn every day since the 7th of july and I'm very disappointed to hear Trine has yet to be released and it won't be this month. And I have the feeling it will take more than just a week, maybe even taking another month.

A lot of people are (were) waiting for this game for some time, being disappointed over and over again, and slowly losing interest. It even begins to slip my mind! With Q4 slowly coming our way, I am afraid Trine is losing its momentum, now that more and more previews of AAA+ releases are showing up.

Come on frozenbyte and sony! Trine deserve better than this!

Dwnr

Postby Dwnr » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:56 pm

Whoa, what a surpise... :?

Been waiting for a month now, already regretting waiting for it since this is going to be like Blizzard's 'Soon'.

From my perspective, that "bug" is very convenient isn't it? I mean, Sony didn't release it around the date we were told (July, probably the 30th), and suddenly this bug pops out of nowhere. But well, I'm only speculating.

And why, why, why don't guys know when Sony is planning on releasing it? Is there no communication at all between creator and publisher? I mean, you create a game, send it to the publisher, and what is more important from that point than to know when it's going to be released?

Can you give us atleast an ETA on the "bug"?

Heisem

Postby Heisem » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:59 pm

I'm very disappointed with this, Trine better come out today otherwise i'm not willing to pay full price for and old released game. I'm aiming for big titles between august and october. It's a hard decision but at the end of the day there is only a few games that gamers can afford and i will always aim for big AAA titles

Dwnr

Postby Dwnr » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:27 pm

It isn't coming out today, apparently they don't even know themselves when it will be released...

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:11 pm

So will Trine be out next Thursday? If its not out then i really dont know what to say.

x181

Postby x181 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:45 am

I'm surprised to see a bug this late in the process when the target delivery date was in July. convenient to have a bug when potential ps3 sales may have eaten into pc sales.

h0stile

Postby h0stile » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:54 pm

this is getting ridiculous. at least tell us a release date. it's not like you're launching the game next year so it doesn't hurt anyone if you're telling us it's this week, next week or the end of august. there are other games out there launching this august and people have a right to know and plan their budget. i skipped fat princess for trine and i vow not to buy anything from PSN until trine is launched. my wallet is now officially on strike until trine launches and Sony won't see a dime from me (and I have to renew my Qore subscription this month) until trine is available. no more LBP costumes, no more premium themes, no more Qore, nada. i won't buy anything from PSN until trine launches or at least until i hear a stable release date from you or Sony. i'm so pissed off right now. and don't tell me that it takes you more than one week to crush 1 bug and have the game pass Q&A. so, when it's going to be released? this week? next week? next month? next year? (hell, if it's next year i'm selling my PS3).

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:11 am

h0stile wrote:this is getting ridiculous. at least tell us a release date. it's not like you're launching the game next year so it doesn't hurt anyone if you're telling us it's this week, next week or the end of august. there are other games out there launching this august and people have a right to know and plan their budget. i skipped fat princess for trine and i vow not to buy anything from PSN until trine is launched. my wallet is now officially on strike until trine launches and Sony won't see a dime from me (and I have to renew my Qore subscription this month) until trine is available. no more LBP costumes, no more premium themes, no more Qore, nada. i won't buy anything from PSN until trine launches or at least until i hear a stable release date from you or Sony. i'm so pissed off right now. and don't tell me that it takes you more than one week to crush 1 bug and have the game pass Q&A. so, when it's going to be released? this week? next week? next month? next year? (hell, if it's next year i'm selling my PS3).

This is more like feedback I like on this topic! (the others have managed only to threat our lives and promised to pirate the game since delays ..)

Unfortunately, all I can say is that the release is not this week.

(I wish I could speculate on the next week, but we've seen if I speculate anything it's not going to happen. The truth is we, developers, do not know since we are not told, since no-one knows, since there might come up some bugs and whatever else)

However, everybody wants the game out as soon as possible! :)

h0stile

Postby h0stile » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:18 am

k, thanks :cry:

this is how I see it:

FB: hey, Sony, we've got a new game for the PS3 and it's ready to be released.
Sony (pretty much like south park): oh, ya, hey, u know, ya, cool, oh, a game, nice, ya, let's publish it, ya, cool, fantasy, ya, saxy fairies, cool
FB: nice, just let us know when to deliver and in the meantime we'll polish the game and iron out any bugs we might discover in the meantime...
Sony: bugs, no, ya, nasty, cool, ya, polish more, nice, we'll let u know, ya, no worry, cool
FB: right, it's set then, we'll wait for your go
Sony: ya, go, oh, no, not right now, cool, ya?
FB: ya, whatver, just let us know
Sony: oh, ya, cool

I just wonder what's Sony waiting for? the XBLA release of Trine? one more thing. while i understand that you may not know, i cannot, simply cannot believe that Sony doesn't know or at least doesn't have a preliminary list of items for the PSN august updates. if thery don't have it, then someone should get some spanking over there. someone at Sony must know something. someone always knows something. i mean, check all the rumors with the PS3 price cut and PS3 slim. last time PSP go was news way before Kaz showed it. it's time someone from Sony slips smthing about trine too. it's the hottest, saxiest, most wanted PSN game of all summer. period. fatass princess and all the others are peanuts. again, for God's sake, what's Sony waiting for? bribe? hell, if I could bribe Sony to release trine, i'd do it.

if this pace is kept throughout august too, the day Sony announces trine's release date, it's not their decision, it's a miracle from GOD.

tjm07090

Postby tjm07090 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:21 am

I enjoyed that, well said, I too am holding off from other games, but i dont seem to have as much will power as you since I'm considering like 3 other games right now. The only gripe I have is, isn't there a way to contact sony to ask when your own game is being published. It seems that if some of the posters can dig up some info you guys would at least have some connections. This is only how I see it though, and I'm not in your situation so I am obviously missing something. well goodluck, later

raskolnikov1944

Postby raskolnikov1944 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:20 am

FB_Lauri wrote:
h0stile wrote:However, everybody wants the game out as soon as possible! :)

Hi Hostile old friend! :D Feel the same way as you do mate. This is a damn outrage! I think last night I dreamed I was playing Trine for the love of God!!! This is getting so ridiculous that your little South Park conversation there doesn't even begin to describe it!

@FB_Lauri: really? I thought nobody wants this game... :shock:

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:55 pm

No Trine again this week. By now everyone downloaded it from torrent.

h0stile

Postby h0stile » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:22 pm

SirDrago wrote:No Trine again this week. By now everyone downloaded it from torrent.

not exactly. i could have get it too, but hey, it doesn't run on gef2 mx and second, i'd rather play it on a 42' plasma than a 19' monitor.

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:35 pm

h0stile wrote:
SirDrago wrote:No Trine again this week. By now everyone downloaded it from torrent.

not exactly. i could have get it too, but hey, it doesn't run on gef2 mx and second, i'd rather play it on a 42' plasma than a 19' monitor.

Maybe you should have spend your money on a new graphic card instead of wasting it for a 42' TV.

raskolnikov1944

Postby raskolnikov1944 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:45 pm

OK this is like the dumbest ideea I've heard this year!

Baukereg

Postby Baukereg » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:50 am

I can't believe no one can give us some indication when the game is going to be released or atleast some indication of its current status. The game is practically ready right? Bug fixed, all ready for launch right? So what's the deal?! I'm pretty sure if someone of FB makes a call to sony (you should atleast every week), he/she will get more information about the status of trine for psn, hell I'm sure!

I'm having a great time playing fat princess, I recommend it to anyone. Since we're left in the cold either by FB of sony and we might have to wait till 2010 for trine, spend you're money on this fantastic game.

Once again, I am not making any judgement about who's fault this is... but the longer it takes for trine to be released, the less buzz there is. The playstation fanbase of trine is shrinking by time, and it's not just my personal hope to play the game, but also me worrying if trine will be a success on the psn, since the game really deserves it! But you have to support your fans or they will run away!

raskolnikov1944

Postby raskolnikov1944 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:58 pm

Howdy gents! Mr. Lauri, any news for us fools? For us rednecks waiting for this game with tears in the sun? :?: :?:

h0stile

Postby h0stile » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:41 pm

SirDrago wrote:
h0stile wrote:

Maybe you should have spend your money on a new graphic card instead of wasting it for a 42' TV.

:) I have a 8800GT gathering dust cuz the motherboard died so basically I need a new mobo and I'm back in action. BUT, I gave up pc gaming a long time ago. pc gaming is such a waste of money right now. on top of that, try working in front of a pc for 10-12 hours, five days a week for five years. it will cure you permanently :) there's nothing better than relaxing on top of ur sofa (so to speak) with a cold glass of dry wine, a pack of cigarretes, a console, a big screen tv and a good game. FROZENBYTE, THAT'S WHY I NEED THE PS3 VERSION OF TRINE. RELEASE IT, PLEEEEEEEEEEASE.

raskolnikov1944

Postby raskolnikov1944 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:37 pm

Still here mr. Lauri...waiting for an answer if you please...Thank you very much!

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:12 pm

I'm still without any new news, but you can be sure I'll be posting them the minute I hear something.

tharker89

Postby tharker89 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:07 pm

I can only imagine how frustrating it is for you guys to see your game out there in limbo. We, as fans, are frustrated because we want to play the game, but for you the waiting game must be really tough.

I'll definitely be buying it regardless of when it shows up.

h0stile

Postby h0stile » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:52 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:I'm still without any new news, but you can be sure I'll be posting them the minute I hear something.

thanks! I'll keep an eye on the forum.

tharker89 wrote:I'll definitely be buying it regardless of when it shows up.

yeah, me too, but if it's not out this week or next week, I'll buy Shadow Complex to keep me busy until Trine is released. I think news on the release should have arrived by now, so it won't be released this week either. we'll see what happens next week during gamescom 09. MS has Shadow Complex, so it's possible that Sony plans to counterattack with the release of Trine (or at least I hope so).

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:30 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:I'm still without any new news, but you can be sure I'll be posting them the minute I hear something.

Communicating between you, the publisher and Sony really works well.

Ivan Teh 3rd

Postby Ivan Teh 3rd » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:05 pm

Mike Kebby posted on the playstationblog that Trine wouldn't be out in the next few weeks:

Looking like a few weeks yet for Trine I’m afraid, they had to submit the game again to QA – I will get a link to their latest update and post it soon, so you know what the issues were.

Trine – The game has been submitted again to QA, they have been working on optimising the game to run better on the PS3. I will find a direct link to their latest update and post it a bit later on in the comments section.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/08/ ... #more-5123

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:21 pm

That's the case, so we have to wait to know the release date.

Return to “Trine”