PS3 release date?

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
FB_Lauri

Re: PS3 release date?

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:18 pm

SCEE and SCEA have their own submission processes. No Online co-op. Nobilis has stated prices to be $19.99, €19.99 and £16.99 (source: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/07/ ... on-to-psn/ )

Nick22

Postby Nick22 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:21 pm

Ahh how dissapointing! I have been looking forward to this game for months and no online? Come on, this is 2009. Multiplayer games and online are a must.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:26 pm

Trine is a single-player game with free, additional local co-op option.

The lack of online is widely discussed and explained here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1629

Nick22

Postby Nick22 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:30 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:Trine is a single-player game with free, additional local co-op option.

The lack of online is widely discussed and explained here: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1629

Thank you. I actually am still going to buy the game, it looks too beautiful and unique to just ignore it. I was annoyed before but you made some good points. It is important to support such compelling PSN games and the devs that make them. So I hope the game sells well and you will soon launch network support. BTW where can I find the trophy list?

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:34 pm

Thanks, I hope you enjoy Trine as much as everyone else!

PS3 trophies are listed at http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2009/09/10/ ... -trophies/ for example.

rivenfael

Postby rivenfael » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:57 pm

Honestly, I hate being the killjoy, but who really gives a shit anymore. Hopeful fans have been waiting for this since early JULY. It's now late September. And we still don't have an official US release date? Welp, might as well be as hopeful for this as Topatoi which was released in Europe in I believe July, perhaps earlier, and has yet to get a US release window also.

Seriously, I'm giving up on hoping. I've put some money on the side for this that will now be better suited going to Borderlands or something. I can't afford many games, so, right now, it's looking like Trine will be put on the backburner for me, and possibly a purchase never made. I hope you guys have real success with your game, but I'm really, really disappointed right now. :(

raskolnikov1944

Postby raskolnikov1944 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:44 pm

So news on other sites state that the game is going to be released today in EU and US! Is that true? I don't understand anything anymore for the love of God....

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:51 pm

The other site is wrong, I'm afraid. No US release today.

Needless to say the situation is far from ideal and we are very sorry about that.

raskolnikov1944

Postby raskolnikov1944 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:01 pm

Ok but is the statement true? Is it going to be released for US aswell?

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:08 pm

It is coming to US PSN store also, but I don't know the exact date yet. It shouldn't be too long, though.

Nick22

Postby Nick22 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:10 pm

Reading here and many other small dev blogs/sites reveals one thing about Sony. They are terrible with release dates, approvals, quality assurance testing and getting the game up for sale. It seems Sony just makes it so difficult and painful to get a game on PSN up, most devs say 360 is much easier to develop and publish for and cheaper. Sony needs to improve their service and communicate more effectively internally and externally. They pulled this with the makers of Cuboid and MagicBall, with QA delays and releasing it in one region and not others. So blame Sony!

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:13 pm

In our case there indeed was bugs, so at least partial blame belongs to us.

But, EU version has now passed QA and is coming today, so I'd guess eventually we are able to pass NA QA also :wink:

unicronic

Postby unicronic » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:38 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:In our case there indeed was bugs, so at least partial blame belongs to us.

But, EU version has now passed QA and is coming today, so I'd guess eventually we are able to pass NA QA also :wink:

Hi FB_Lauri,

I just wanted to thank you and FB for Trine, after playing it briefly on PC I was an easy decision to buy this on PS3.

For sure online MP from launch is a tad disappointing but I've played too many games that offer MP and the experience is so untested and unplayable (PES 08, PES 09 and Fat Princess at launch) that I'd rather Trine give me something that works.

Regarding bugs things happen I guess. The QA process people refer to I think is less your fault and more that every game must endure a separate QA process in each region (EU, US, JP etc). For PSN games in the future a unified approval process would make sense.

Anyway thanks again FB, a PSN game with stacks of trophies is a rarity and the fact that they belong to a gem of a game is all the better.

sollet

Postby sollet » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:50 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:In our case there indeed was bugs, so at least partial blame belongs to us.

Hello I read that the EU version is suppose to be at PSN today?

I still haven't seen it there :(

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:23 pm

Trine will be in European PS store once the store gets updated (which should be around now ...)

EU PS blog has the details of the store update: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/09/ ... mber-2009/

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:10 am

worldeater wrote:...

I've about had it with european dev houses and publishers. wtf is it with you guys and bad release dates and terrible code???? Apparently when your government controls your means of production you can do crappy work and finish it any time you please?

Couldn't just let this slip by...

You are saying that Rally Trophy, Flatout and Flatout 2 from Bugbear are shit? You are saying that Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds survivor and Trine from Frozenbyte are shit and you are saying that Max Payne, Max Payne 2 and upcoming Alan Wake from Remedy Entertainment are shit? (Those all games are made by Finnish game houses and each one of them is high quality. I have had my best moments of gaming with these games and I wish that there would be more games made by Finnish game houses because of their very unique ideas and high quality.)

So, my thoughts about your comment: :lol:

PS. I played Flatout 2 yesterday. I'm replaying the campaign.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

x181

Postby x181 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:32 am

Yeah, there are definitely a lot of unique games coming out of Europe, Trine being a prime example. We do have some poor quality software in the States too.

cloud66

Postby cloud66 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:14 am

this beautiful game i have been so long waiting for is finally out but i still can't get it...i need a european psn card to buy it!!!anybody has any idea when they are going to be sold in europe? does anybody have a psn card to sell me?!?please help!!

tjm07090

Postby tjm07090 » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:29 am

:cry: want game... want game

Simplex

Postby Simplex » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:22 pm

If you really want Trine so badly, you can currently buy it in EU store, for 20€ (30$) ;)

Justice

Postby Justice » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:08 pm

Simplex wrote:If you really want Trine so badly, you can currently buy it in EU store, for 20€ (30$) ;)

Only problem with that is if you don't have an HDTV or access to a PAL TV the game won't run on your system at all ... something i wouldn't recommend anyone doing .

NTSC and PAL don't get along too well.

Alic

Postby Alic » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:24 pm

And one other small problem. You can't buy things from the EU store from the US, because there is no way to do it.

Believe me. I've spent the past 36 or so hours trying to find a way to download this game from

1.) a UK PSN account

2.) An Australian PSN account

3.) A Polish PSN account

using

1.) Both my credit cards -- I was hoping there might be some region where billing addresses don't matter.

2.) paypal's temporary mastercards -- supposedly don't have a billing address, don't seem to be recognized by the Playstation Store.

3.) prepaid American Express Gift Cards -- all american express gift cards bought in the United States say on the card "US USE ONLY," even though half the time it doesn't say that on the packaging, which I learned the hard way.

4.) prepaid Visa Gift Cards -- all visa gift cards have to be registered to be used for online purchases. In other words, you have to stick them with a billing address.

5.) Entropay -- some kind of gambling-related laws in the US prevent Entropay from doing business within the country.

So there you have it. I sure wish I could just buy the darn thing off the EU store. It's my most anticipated game out of anything coming out in the next six months or more. What makes me lose sleep at night at this point, is knowing I could be playing it if I just had a good friend on psn who lives in Europe or Australia and could gameshare the game with me until it gets a US release. Not to save money -- I'd stll buy it on the US store whenever it finally comes out, to support Frozenbyte -- but just so I don't have to obssess over when Sony is going to finally feel like the game is ready for the US, and I can just enjoy Trine for what it is -- my type of game.

Simplex

Postby Simplex » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:49 pm

"Not to save money -- I'd stll buy it on the US store whenever it finally comes out, to support Frozenbyte "

You would not be saving money since Trine in EU store is more expensive that in US.

I was able to buy stuff in US store using my Polish credit card, despite the fact that the country in Billing address is "united states" (all other data match).

If you know a person in EU that you can trust, you can transfer money to this person (PayPal) an ask them to set up an European PSN account, buy Trine on this account using European card and then give you the login and pass for this account - but I'm not sure if that's 100% legal.

Also, as someone pointed out you need a HDTV to play a PAL game. I did not mention this because for me having a next-gen PS3 and obsolete non-HD CRT TV would be pointless. I am assuming most PS3 owners have HDTV.

BigWoopMagazine

Postby BigWoopMagazine » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:29 pm

sooo.... maybe in this thursday's US update? heh... was really disappointed last week because a website (not here) had me thinking it would be out. It has me curious,,, and I'm not sure if you're allowed to answer this question... but what is different about the QA for NA vs EU?

loadstone007

Postby loadstone007 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:53 pm

Last week I was heartbroken... :(
Hoping Trine will be released this thursday. Me & my girlfriend are thirsty for a co-op game, especially for a quality game like this one.

Thanks for the great work you've done at Frozenbyte. Hoping Trine will be a hit and you'll be working on your next project ASAP. :)

Return to “Trine”