PS3 release date?

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
SirDrago

Re: PS3 release date?

Postby SirDrago » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:00 pm

Now we getting to the point that its getting embarrising.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:52 pm

Tests take their time and are needed to ensure the quality. Every day is one day closer to the release in the end :D

h0stile

Postby h0stile » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:02 pm

damn, that's really bad news. I was hoping for a next week release but I guess it could be the other week or even September.

SirDrago

Postby SirDrago » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:06 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:Tests take their time and are needed to ensure the quality. Every day is one day closer to the release in the end :D

Hey i dont care that you lose money. Its not my problem. But in September a lot of games will come out and Trine will be just one of them. Now would have been the time to really stand out. Not even to mentioned that you guys said the game would come by the end of June.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:32 pm

What can I say, I guess we just are evil liars who don't want to get paid for their hard work. But thanks for everyone for reminding us on daily basis.

cherryreaper

Postby cherryreaper » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:47 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:What can I say, I guess we just are evil liars who don't want to get paid for their hard work. But thanks for everyone for reminding us on daily basis.

Just make fewer promises you can't keep. I thought this was the first lesson developers learn, no matter if it's games or business oriented software.

By the way... Where's Trine on Impulse? I don't think you're evil, but you did make promises that you haven't kept or given any reasonable explanation to why things are not happening (Impulse).

It would be a lot easier to part with our money, if you had a product out on the online stores people want to buy from - priced REASONABLY*. :roll:

* Not stupidly like Euro prices on Steam where we pay out the nose compared to the US. You are Europeans right? What makes you think you are entitled to charge more than 40% extra from Europeans? I'd really love to hear the justification. Not even VAT/TAX would amount to that. So please explain why I should be happy and buy your game on Steam?

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:59 pm

European prices include VAT, US customers get sales tax added to their price. If you deduct the VAT from EU price, the share we get is much closer to what we get from US sales, who actually pay more than what's the listed price.

For other issues, I have this feeling I've apologized my actions a thousand times already and also stated I'm no longer in mood for guessing, which also means I'm no longer giving any information or explanations as it ends like this.

cherryreaper

Postby cherryreaper » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:14 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:European prices include VAT, US customers get sales tax added to their price. If you deduct the VAT from EU price, the share we get is much closer to what we get from US sales, who actually pay more than what's the listed price.

Since VAT is individual from country to country, how come the Euro price has a 40% premium over the "base" USD price? No country I know of charges 40% VAT on goods. VAT is usually 15-25% if I'm not mistaken. It makes no sense to bleed European customers like this, especially not since you're a company within Europe.

I respect that you can't say anything more about Impulse availability or why it's seemingly going nowhere. It's just costing you sales. I've decided not to buy through Steam, because of the silly price difference. It's not the price in itself, it's the concept of being unfairly treated with no apparent justifiable reasoning behind the Euro price.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:28 pm

I agree the difference is still favouring us with EU sales and I hope in future we have more equal pricing. With Trine however it is set to this (not by us).

cherryreaper

Postby cherryreaper » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:39 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:I agree the difference is still favouring us with EU sales and I hope in future we have more equal pricing. With Trine however it is set to this (not by us).

Who sets the Euro pricing then? I thought you were independently publishing this and in control of the price in the different territories?

If you bring this issue up with Steam, they blame the publishers, so these days I've decided to blame both parties until someone tells me who decides on the silly Euro prices.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:49 pm

We tell Steam the pricing, but as Trine has also PSN and retail PC versions which are handled by our publisher, we have to follow the retail/PSN pricing at least at some level.

cherryreaper

Postby cherryreaper » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:02 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:We tell Steam the pricing, but as Trine has also PSN and retail PC versions which are handled by our publisher, we have to follow the retail/PSN pricing at least at some level.

I see, the usual irrational thinking brought about by the men in expensive suits who couldn't pull off a single creative effort themselves and who are completely out of touch with the market-aware and individually thinking part of their potential customer base.

I've decided to reward your hard work with a 22.49€ Steam purchase tonight. At least you are willing to communicate, which is more than can be said about many companies out there. I really appreciate this. All the delays and the silly Euro pricing just put me in a bad mood, sorry about that.

22.49€ seems like a very fair price, everything considered, and I keep hearing good things about Trine :) You'll have to look hard to get a better value out of 22.49€ than with Trine. Two movie tickets cost roughly that around here and Trine is looking to be better value than most 2 hour movies.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:16 pm

Thanks - I hope you enjoy Trine as much as everyone else! :D

Steam is a very good choice as we get very fair share from there.

upset

Postby upset » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:36 pm

Frozenbyte I am sorry to see your getting bashed because of the release date. But this is a little stupid. I understand if the game needs to be delayed. But at least let us know how long the delay will be. I have been excited for this game. But I don't know week from week if it's coming out. You have said the game has a bug, and you don't know when it will be released. That can't be true. You are the ones fixing the bug. So I would hope you know when it's ready. We are your future fans and it's a little unfair to us. I think the truth is you got delayed on purpose by Sony. Because Fat princess was ready to be sold. Now this week Marvel vs. Capcom 2 is out. Sony doesn't want to release 2 big hitters in the same week. They want to stretch it out so it sells better. I understand if that's the case. But just let us know when. But I want to say Trine looks fun. I love 2d adventure games. We don't see enough of those anymore. I'm glad to see a company trying something besides another first person shooter. I love the 3 character classes very new and smart idea. I can't wait to play your game keep up the good work. your future fan (when the game comes out) Chad

nightmare452

Postby nightmare452 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:39 pm

Thanks for the "update" FB. I for one played the PC demo of Trine and although was not SUPER impressed, was happy enough that I played a game I had fun with and would buy once released on consoles (I'm a console gamer). Waiting week by week is a pain, and I have almost though of boycotting the game, but I know I will buy it the day it releases on PSN (the $20 is they highest I would pay for it too) so I am still anticipating the game and hope its released soon. But some of the people posting have an excellent point in that the longer we wait, the more people go to other games and as developers, one has to be careful to tell people that a game will be out only to be delayed. It doesn't affect me much, as I mentioned, I will buy Trine the day it comes out, guaranteed, but this delay makes your game a lot harder to buy for the people that are thinking about it since starting late August is when a LOT of good games come out. Batman: AA, Section 8, etc. all come out within weeks of each other, I personally have about 5 games I want coming out in that one last week of August, so releasing Trine at that time is bad, not for me but for potential buyers.

Either way, good luck guys and hope Trine and other projects work out well for you. Now waiting on Shadow Complex, which looks amazing!

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:23 pm

We have fixed all bugs, but after the fix, other party does the proper testing, which always takes some time. Testing, in other hand, may end up finding totally new bugs also, which means new fixes, and so forth.

So, at best I can guess, and history has proven all my guesses go horribly wrong, which leads to many angry/murderous (ex) fans, which makes one sad developer, and that's not what we want! :(

Please forgive me, but I'm no longer giving any guesses about the release date. I'm sure Sony will eventually tell it, and when they do, I'm sure that will be correct also. :)

cherryreaper

Postby cherryreaper » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:21 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:Thanks - I hope you enjoy Trine as much as everyone else! :D

Steam is a very good choice as we get very fair share from there.

I finally bought the game through Steam. :)

Few games look this good at 1920x1200, 4x AA. The overall atmosphere is simply wonderful. The music fits brilliantly with the visuals and the gameplay is good, casual fun. Overall it's a little polished gem of a game. Well done to all involved. I'm looking forward to what you guys come up with next.

Good luck with the PS3 version.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:30 pm

Thank you! :D

upset

Postby upset » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:53 pm

Thanks For the reply! Guys they are telling the truth. It seems like it's Sony we should be contacting.

tharker89

Postby tharker89 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:11 pm

I've sat on that side of the fence, guys, and it's NO FUN to see your product fall past release. They are not getting paid, they know they are losing sales, they know it's frustrating. What good does it do to rip them? Be VERY HAPPY that you have someone on the inside who is so willing to share info, insight, etc. Most companies won't do that.

I hope you will reconsider and share what info you can. I like it when companies, especially devs, share what insight they can.

Looking forward to enjoying a great game!

B-good

Postby B-good » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:00 am

Some of you on here are absurd! It's not as though these guys are intentionally leading you on, or witholding the game in order to torment your poor souls. Get over yourselves. Sh!t happens..games get delayed...developers get nervous about committing to released dates or any info at all after they've been made to look like liars by prevailing circumstances.

Coming onto their boards to bash them serves what purpose? Ruins any chances that we'll get any kind of update from them now? Great! Thanks for that!

Idiots!

Let them continue to work on the game...that is what THEY do, you know? It will come out when it's ready..and if you're the type that will enjoy this game...then you'll enjoy it when it's available.

mr.vegemite

Postby mr.vegemite » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:56 am

I am appalled by all the hating on here. All that for a game you actually like?? How about some kudos for the creative staff at Frozenbyte and a little patience for the process?

I'd rather have it late than with a bunch of bugs. Nobody is going to die because a game is a few weeks late.

It seems rather obvious that Lauri was communicating in good faith. I applaud FB's openess and hope that they can get past this episode and continue the direct and open communication.

Looking forward to the game, whenever it comes out.

joechiocca

Postby joechiocca » Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:59 am

Cant wait for this game! The videos look so good. Been downloading them off the website on to my PS3, and watching in fullscreen. Keep your heads up fourm writers and developers. A bad ass game IS on the way. It will get here when it gets here. Its out of everyones hands on this fourm so just chill. BTW you really think these nice people answering your questions dont want this game to come out just as bad as the rest of us? A: to shut everyone up B: for the praise and recognition for all their hard work.

UncleGramps2

Postby UncleGramps2 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:09 pm

I really wanted the PS3 version, but after all the delays and the Steam sale, I just picked up the PC version this weekend. Great game, but I have to run it in fairly low settings since my computer is pretty old (which is why I wanted the PS3 version). Oh well, still having a lot of fun with it.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:23 am

There's some new information available at Crispy Gamer: http://www.crispygamer.com/news/index.p ... s-nobilis/

Return to “Trine”