PS3 release date?

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
Wolfpaw

Re: PS3 release date?

Postby Wolfpaw » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:29 pm

*sigh*

More waiting then. Well, at least now we have something "definite" to wait for. Thank you for the update.

The way they refer to you is rather amusing though, Lauri. How does it feel to be a nameless androgynous employee? :mrgreen:

Oh, and you will have at least one sale if it someday finally manages to get released on the PSN.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:41 pm

Well, even if my name is very clear to Finns, it's not very clear to English-speaking persons I guess. I rather be androgynous than referred to as a female :D (Lauri is Finnish equivalent to Larry or Lawrence).

And now when you have cracked my secret identity, I can confirm that yes I'm Lauri Hyvärinen :wink:

raskolnikov1944

Postby raskolnikov1944 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:16 pm

Howdy doodle loodle!

Any news for this week? Should I be all hyped up for this thursday? :evil:

Legendary

Postby Legendary » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:40 pm

In all fairness, in North America, Lauri is definitely a female name. My brother-in-law is Lawrence (Larry). He also is 6'3" and has about 50 lbs on me...I don't think I'll be calling him "Lauri" any time soon...

I accidentally stumbled across Trine only a couple of weeks ago, so I haven't been waiting and anticipating it's PSN release like a few others on these boards. I will be purchasing a PSN copy when available... (So will Larry)

raskolnikov1944

Postby raskolnikov1944 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:32 am

Howdy again! :lol:

Any chance today? Should I stay up late? Could I consider your silence as a good sign or as a bad sign? I remember Kramer: "Jerry, did you have a good day or a bad day?" :lol:

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:27 am

It's definitely not today. Sorry for bringing the bad news all the time :?

Wolfpaw

Postby Wolfpaw » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:00 pm

Thanks for the update. And believe it or not - bad news is better than no news. Even if it is a "sorry, we still do not know", you taking the time to tell us so is much better than silence. Of course it will also bring some negative criticism as people know you are reading.

(Oh, and hurry up and get it out already! :P )

h0stile

Postby h0stile » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:44 am

well, what can I say.....I was right when I suspected it will slip to September. no biggie, actually, no trinnie :), I'll still get it (but I kept my promise and I didn't buy anything from PSN until now). my personal protest continues and although next week I may be tempted to get Qore for the MAG beta, I know I can resist the temptation, hoping that Trine is released until mid-September (so I can still get Qore and get in the beta). I know it's maybe a pointless and silly protest against Sony, but it's the way I feel, the way I need to thank Sony for their 'silent treatment'. anyway Lauri, you're doing a fine job here, answering our questions and everything.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:03 am

Trine won't turn any worse while waiting :wink:

x181

Postby x181 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:16 am

In the words of a once popular MMORPG...Soon™

h0stile

Postby h0stile » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:52 pm

damn, I've bought the LBP animated theme :( :( :(

btw, I know it's (still) Tuesday but... are we there yet? :)

and is it possible that you make a Trine animated/dynamic theme? please? it's one of the greatest features in firmware 3.0 and I'd love to have some animated characters/backgrounds on screen. and since the game has been delayed so many weeks, you could distribute it for free as a 'Thanks for waiting, PS3 fans' :mrgreen:

raskolnikov1944

Postby raskolnikov1944 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:25 am

Update, updateee, brother fairy princess tananananananaaaa.....

Today? Is it today? I know it's today!! :evil:

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:22 am

I wouldn't bet on today either. :?

h0stile

Postby h0stile » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:19 pm

ok, we get it, maybe next week, but what about the animated theme? is it possible?

raskolnikov1944

Postby raskolnikov1944 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:39 pm

This is geting so ridiculous I'm considering not buying the game when it comes out. And no, it's not about the money, it's about your behavior with your bigest fans.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:57 pm

raskolnikov1944 wrote:This is geting so ridiculous I'm considering not buying the game when it comes out. And no, it's not about the money, it's about your behaviuor with your bigest fans.

I'm pretty sure I have explained my position in this hassle about a dozen times.

About my behaviour, yes, it can sometimes be human-like, but I don't really see what's the problem here.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:59 pm

h0stile wrote:ok, we get it, maybe next week, but what about the animated theme? is it possible?

All additional freebies are something our publisher would need to approve first. For us, I'd imagine doing a few wouldn't be that bad.

oskor

Postby oskor » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:46 pm

Wow, I have gone from checking every day for release information to checking every few weeks. Starting next week I have 1 to 2 games that I want to buy each month. Not that I'm mad or anything but at this point Batman, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, 2, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2, Dragon Age: Origins and Assassin's Creed II are all much higher on my list than Trine.

But the fact that Trine is only $15 (or was it $19) may win me over in the mist of these other huge titles that are coming out.

Aekero

Postby Aekero » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:26 pm

I say take your time! This game is going to be an awesome multiplayer experience and I'd rather it be late and right than early and buggy. Also a dyamic theme as other people mentioned would be sweet, would pay for that too, such an aesthetically pleasing game. :P

worldeater

Postby worldeater » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:11 am

I'm not sure how much Laurie can say about the process because he's under an obligation to the publisher to respect the 3rd party approval process. Any time you publish to a system like PSN or XBLA, or say that you're Windows or MacOS compliant you have to go through a validation and acceptance process before you can proceed. The idea is that as Sony, Microsoft, Apple, or whoever, you want to make sure that the products using your logo and representing your platform are making you look good and not tarnishing your image. Some acceptance processes are more streamlined and some are more stringent, but once you're in this phase of your product cycle you really are at the whim of others.

Laurie has been really understanding with us. I'm not one to stick up for people who dont deserve it, but I really dont think he deserves our angst.

btw, I'd MUCH rather see that level editor ive heard talk about as bonus "thanks for the wait" content than an animated theme. :) even if its a $5 add-on, that will take this game from something fun to play for a little while to one I'll play for as long as I own my PS3.

Take care all,
World Eater / Richard

Punk

Postby Punk » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:36 pm

So, can we expect a Sept. 10 release?

raskolnikov1944

Postby raskolnikov1944 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:01 pm

Of course not my sweet innocent child. :lol:

h0stile

Postby h0stile » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:17 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:
h0stile wrote:ok, we get it, maybe next week, but what about the animated theme? is it possible?

All additional freebies are something our publisher would need to approve first. For us, I'd imagine doing a few wouldn't be that bad.

of course the publisher has to approve first, but have you approached them regarding this? if there is no approach from your part, there's nothing to approve.

I guess they would have said something (at least on the PS blog) if Trine were supposed to be launched on the 10th, so no, no launch this week (hoping for next week).

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:18 pm

Meh... Sony won't release Trine on PS3 just to fuck us up.

That starts to be more and more obvious. Like, how long this has been going on? 3 months?

Frozenbyte. Just say fuck you to Sony and tell them that if they won't release Trine next week, you'll get Trine on Xbox360 EXCLUSIVE. This is just ridiculous and unacceptable that Sony is prolongening the PS3 release this far away.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

DeathByNumbers

Postby DeathByNumbers » Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:01 pm

The truth is, Sony's q&a team really love the game, but one of them can't complete it so he keeps finding 'bugs' until he gets it finished! lmao

I'm really looking forward to Trine, I'm not making stupid promises like I won't buy anything else etc. Some games just beg you to buy them and Trine is a game I will buy, it looks great - I've played the PC demo and it's a wonderful concept. I've have the money on my PSN account already (it's been there for a while now ;) ) I have plenty of other games to play so I'm more than happy to wait. I would like frozenbyte to consider extended support for the game on PS3, maybe on-line co-op (if technically possible), the level editor etc. So often extra features don't make it to consoles :( please don't let the angry words of a few people put you off making ps3 games! I really appreciate the more 'artistic' nature of the games provided by smaller companies and I hope you make enough money from this venture to produce more.

Return to “Trine”