Future Achievements, Suggestions?

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
Jabadjuni

Future Achievements, Suggestions?

Postby Jabadjuni » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:03 pm

I really think the doable achievements right now are awsome, so i thought, why not open a topic to give you Frozenbyte guys some customer ideas on future achievements, so give it a go smart people :)
I myself would like to see some co-op achievements, no particular ideas, but im sure you can work somthing out^^

FB_Lauri

Re: Future Achievements, Suggestions?

Postby FB_Lauri » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:47 pm

This is a good idea to give .. good ideas :D

Specially any funny achievements are very welcome!

orunin

Postby orunin » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:42 am

* Create a tower with at least 20 objects and stand at the top without it falling.
* Beat the entire game without ever using the wizard.
* Beat a level without every touching the ground.
* Trap an enemy with objects.
* Cause 10 enemies to kill themselves by dying to the environment.
* Kill 10 bats within 3 seconds.
* Ride a goblin for 5 seconds.

If you change the rez gem so that you can use it to resurrect a character without first switching to another character (for Tower of Sarek):
* Beat the entire game with only using the knight on Very Hard.

Jabadjuni

Postby Jabadjuni » Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:33 pm

Nice ones, i specifically like the goblin riding one ^^ and also not touching the ground, but i guess it would be technically hard to somehow ignore the second where you start on the ground, i've got no really clue though.
i came up with a few co-op achievements:
The Even Cooler Way: Within 5 seconds of each other, kill a monster with the thiefs grappling kick ability, with the knights jump and by dropping an wizard created object on one.
Bats are not the only Flyers: While flying on a wizard conjured object, threwn by the knight, kill a monster with the thief's fire arrows. (I don't k now if this is possible but it could be fun)

Suicídal Thoughts?: Complete every level in the game without ever falling into spikes, or other enviormental damaging things. (Not neccesarily in row, you could add, In very hard difficulti)

*edit You could also change the name of the last one, since it might not be so appropriate

karlkart

Postby karlkart » Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:22 pm

can't decisde; swicht charters 50 times in one mintue
learn to swim: drown charters 40 times

i am not srue this is posible but i shall try with my friends

mass flying; theif on grapling hook, wizard on thrown box by kinght kinghting in the air by wizard flying box (wizard makes box and send it flying in the air

Jabadjuni

Postby Jabadjuni » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:36 pm

Can't Decide would be kind of fun in my opinion, almost as stupid as still no fireball :P
I dont know, drowning characters ain't really entertaining but well

karlkart

Postby karlkart » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:02 pm

budist all life is sacerd; don't kill anthing expemt the must kill (boss ect) for a level
mario; kinght squishes 10 enimes
robin hood: never miss arrow
elevator; send a charter straight up

rmarx

Postby rmarx » Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:39 pm

I like some of the ideas posted here. Playing a lot of Team Fortress 2 I'm used to playing for achievements and some extra wouldn't hurt.

The existing ones are mostly pretty standard and/or dull (get all xp in every level, complete the game, etc... not really that original).

I like achievements like the Buddhist one suggested above (although that is already in the game you know :D "undead have rights too"). So while some of the existing ones are nice, extra's would be interesting.

Taking some of the ideas above, there are some seperate "classes" for the achievements I think. Some reward you when you do something good (play out a level, kill x enemies, ...), some reward you for doing something in a special way (playing without killing, Robin Hood one above (very nice btw), etc. ) and others "reward" you when you f*ck up (die 25 times in 1 level, drown 40 times, get hit by a fireball x times, ...). These last ones are especially interesting for new players I think, because even if it doesn't go that well, you'll get a morale boost from the achievement :).

There's no need to make them TOO exotic I think (like "can't decide" or "mass flying"). They shouldn't mostly be things you wouldn't get if you didn't really play for it, but things you can also get "accidentally" by playing "normal" (Robin Hood is yet again an excellent example).

Also interesting would be : co-op only achievements, so you HAVE to play co-op to get them. (of course this will get some reaction from people who won't play co-op, but the co-op players out there will greatly appreciate some original achievements).

Some achievements i was thinking about myself :

The 'ol switcheroo : kill 3 successive enemies with a different character (i.e. first one by wizard, second by knight, third by thief) maybe within a given timeframe or something like that

Watch your back : attack x enemies from behind (always nice to jump over the shielded ones as knight to do some ass whoopin')

Keeping Count
: (co-op only) : Every player needs to kill the same amount (or off by 1 if there is an uneven amount) of enemies in the level (would be quite challenging to keep count I think ) (Legolas vs. Gimli for the LOTR fans :wink: )

I really hope there will be some updates and some extra achievements, because if there is anything Team Fortress 2 should have thought game developers, it's that continued support really makes a difference :)

Return to “Trine”