For an "indie" game, there's a mass load of credits

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
fallacy

For an "indie" game, there's a mass load of credits

Postby fallacy » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:51 am

Do they repeat or something? I can't make myself sit through them (running the risk of missing an Easter egg)
But seriously, they are longer then most of the levels.

:p

DarkJee

Re: For an "indie" game, there's a mass load of credits

Postby DarkJee » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:54 am

The main team often come back in the credit (I saw Lauri like 3 times at least)

But I have a question for the developper:

Why in the 'Thanks' section of credit there is some other indie company too? I saw RedLynx (Trials 2) and Secret Exit (Zen Bound, SPiN, Cinnamon Beat...), why are they on the credit?

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:59 am

Self-publishing in one channel (Steam) doesn't mean (the bad tone) of indie, even it's independently published (and can include the good tone of indie, hehe :wink: )

Don't get me wrong, I like being credited (correctly and well deserved!) for indie spirit and indie quality of game ideas, but I don't like the negative image what indie brings, like "one hit wonder made by one man" and such.

To get the facts straight:

- Trine has been made by a team of 20 people
- Trine's budget is far above any average downloadable release, even almost all of them are made by professionals
- Trine HAS retail version released world-wide on PC
- Trine is being released on at least one major consolole platform, PS3, so Trine is multi-platform from the start (and not made later "when" it's going to be hit like all other downloadable-only)

If you ask me, the team and budget size are well seen in the game.

Major contributors for the game have been listed first, after them is minor contributors in the Additional Credits section. Our "Thanks" section is simply people or companies we like and feel have helped us to keep the spirits up, so to say. :)

DarkJee

Postby DarkJee » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:02 pm

ah ok

Yes but, Tale Worlds is an indie game company and brought Mount & Blade, that is an indie game that costs more than Trine, have Retail release and if my informations are right, had a big budget and team too.

Just because, I actually prefer Indie game than big game, because the games are always "better" and I want to support them a lot more than big companies game because the number of indie is growing and I'm sure its the future of video gaming! =P

Return to “Trine”