brilliant game.. worst last level ever...

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
rinoamw

brilliant game.. worst last level ever...

Postby rinoamw » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:25 am

i can't believe that after such genius level design all the way through trine you would settle for such a horrible 'boss' level. Esp. bad for multiple players. Sure when i first played Trine through single player, the last level proved some challenge, but nothing the thief couldnt handle.

But i recently played it through again with my brother, and although the game was made more difficult by having more players, the soloutions to the puzzles were easy to attain, it just required us to think of the best way for us to get both our charas past them (even though this was my second playthrough the game felt fresh because of it as each puzzle required a different approach).

But that last level - what a doozer!

Firstly the speed of the level makes it difficult for any of the characters other than the thief to get up to the first platfrom and then when moving the game throws some near impossible obstacles that come so thick and fast makes it impossile to make it past. In the end (after about 40 attampts) i had to just play the level effectively single player (by letting my brothers chara die and not respawning the other) and carrying on alone with the theif to get to the checkpoint at the top. Just so he could see the end of the game. Much to both my brothers and my dissapointment...

Still, can't fault the rest of the game, i will be looking forward to any other games of this ilk.

DarkJee

Re: brilliant game.. worst last level ever...

Postby DarkJee » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:09 am

Well, I find it much more easy with Wizard than Thief...

Lyshkhan

Postby Lyshkhan » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:44 am

The last level does kind of lean a bit too much towards the thief I agree, just fire arrow every obstacle and you're pretty much set.
Might've been better if the level wasn't entirely vertical all the way and allowed more opportunity for the knight/wizard.
I didn't think it was bad, but it is flawed...

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:52 pm

You definitely should try the new patch and easy difficulty with it (you can change difficulty without restarting entire game). Of course, the patch is definitely available only in Steam, as I don't know how it's in retail or in other channels.

And at the first jump, you can do wizard creations before triggering the boss to appear to start the lava :)

Vestin

Postby Vestin » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:10 pm

FB_Lauri wrote:Of course, the patch is definitely available only in Steam, as I don't know how it's in retail or in other channels.

http://www.gamershell.com/download_48594.shtml ;)

Return to “Trine”