my review ;)

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
newOne

my review ;)

Postby newOne » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:28 pm

This game is great, too short. A bit overpriced. Music is great.Story is shallow.Too little levels.
I wish there would be map editor released with ability to write story.I would definately join creating more levels.
I liked secrets a lot ( those hidden chest and hidden experience bottles ;) )
I dont think it would be too hard to create more bigger maps.All sidescrollers from nes had much bigger levels.

My rating - 10/10 :D
the second rating would be 5/10 because i want more content, more everything ;)

Seriously, will it be map editor soon ? :)
p.s. too shame i didnt found any wallpapers, i would like to have big wallpaper of rogue on my screen.Nah... rogue and warrior.. :) Well, it wouldnt hurt to have a bunch of wallpapers anyway.

AlCool

Re: my review ;)

Postby AlCool » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:44 pm

Elaborate more. "too short. A bit overpriced" I didn't find it to short or overpriced. Comparing a game with well over 10k X the graphical detail to a nes game made of boxes and silly shapes makes no sense at all. You can see the heart and soul put into every Trine map. It takes time to do this, unless you would have rather ahd the game delayed a few extra months just to make a few more levels for you. A mappack or map editor would be nice but both have already been thoroughly discussed on this forum. The story didn't take itself seriously, but that was the point. Try the game multiplayer, and on hard or hardest difficulty.

newOne

Re: my review ;)

Postby newOne » Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:22 pm

Well if you dont get it.. for same price you can get neverwinter nights or morrowind or oblivion - those games provide with massive content and much hour gameplay.But thats not the point.I dont care much about price.
The point i made was, i really enjoy playing this amazing game that it feel those 15levels are not enough :) That what happens often.What you like is never enough ;)
Level design is amazing.Im certain to create such levels for only money-game its very hard,so its clear they worked with passion.
I have been messing with level/map making myself for many years as an amateur(other games) and i have to say, its impossible to create something great without passion ;)

p.s. yeah i have read all threat with "map making" through search.I will lurk here for a while with hope to hear good news about level editor.Its very surprising forums are a bit empty... ;)
Im playing slowly this game on very hard, trying without dying but those nasty bat ambushes kills my characters soo quickly.

Return to “Trine”