What's Next?

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
Necrophilius

What's Next?

Postby Necrophilius » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:02 pm

I'm sorry if this topic has already been brought to discussion, but it seems I can't get What's Next? achievement in Trine.I have already beat the game twice on very hard difficulty and the achievement just won't pop up.I'm missing this and Way Out Of Trine achievement. I was so desperate I even downloaded game save on very hard difficulty from some random page, but still nothing... What should I do? I'm sorry again if this has already been talked through

RiikkaFB

Re: What's Next?

Postby RiikkaFB » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:22 am

Have you also played the extra level, Path to New Dawn, on the very hard difficulty? Sometimes these achievements might take a while to register, but usually just restarting the computer/Steam client a few times has helped. Downloading random save games is not really recommended, as there's no guarantee they will work, and they might even mess something up. You might even want to delete the save file you downloaded.

You could also double check you've cleared all the levels on the very hard difficulty (remember that this only unlocks after beating the game once) in the same save slot; if you're using multiple save slots, this might just be because of that.

I hope this helped. Let me know how it goes!

Necrophilius

Postby Necrophilius » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:46 am

I beat Path to New Dawn level and I have restarted my computer numerous times by now, but checking if I cleared all levels would mean playing it all again right? Because when you switch to very hard difficulty all the levels are tagged as very hard no matter if I haven't played them yet. When I switched to very hard after clicking on each level it said very hard difficulty and not normal (first time i beat it on normal) so each level shows you the current difficulty, not the one you cleared it on so it's kind of confusing. Is there a way to check it without playing it again? Sorry for bothering you again :cry:

RiikkaFB

Postby RiikkaFB » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:36 am

Unfortunately there's no option to check what levels you have completed on Very Hard, so for now the only way to know is by trying to remember. Although it's not required to play the levels in order, I might recommend this just so that it's easier to keep track of this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Necrophilius

Postby Necrophilius » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:54 pm

Well now, I found this on internet http://trine-thegame.com/help/trine_hel ... unlock.txt ...can it be done this way? Because playing it all again doesn't sound like something i would do right now :wink:

Necrophilius

Postby Necrophilius » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:21 pm

Nevermind the last massage, I got the achievement by playing Astral Academy again and this is how i discovered the problem http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=1262022 there mustn't be any single zeroes in the number line, but thanks a lot for your time, the game is awesome and you are one of the few developers that actually deal with peoples problems. Keep up the good work 8) :D

RiikkaFB

Postby RiikkaFB » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:49 pm

Good to know you got this solved. :)

Return to “Trine”