Trine EE cross platform multiplayer - "failed to join"

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
fertant

Trine EE cross platform multiplayer - "failed to join"

Postby fertant » Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:57 pm

I am running Win764bit and I was trying to invite a friend to join the game.
Friend spec: (OSX 10.7.5) Unfortunately, every time we get "failed to join" if I send an invite through steam. If the server is on mac I don't even see it in the server list.

I noticed the build versions for Win and Mac differ. Is that the cause of the problem? Is cross platform multiplayer possible at all?
Thanks

MarjutFB

Re: Trine EE cross platform multiplayer - "failed to join"

Postby MarjutFB » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:39 pm

Are you both playing the Enchanted Edition version of the game? Also are both of you participating in the Beta? The current release version is not compatible with the Beta version, so Windows players have to opt to the beta as well to play the cross-platfrom multiplayer.

You can find instructions for how to apply to the beta from our blog.

If above wasn't helpful, please check that anything isn't blocking the connection. If the problem persists we'll look into this, so let me know how it goes! :)

fertant

Postby fertant » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:54 pm

Thank you for quick reply! I opted to beta a while back. Now that I look at it closely, it seems it switched it self to regular Trine Enchanted edition. I will try to rejoin the beta again and let you know if it works for us. It might take a while (time difference, work etc) but I will post back the results.

There should be nothing blocking connections as it is possible to play Trine 2 coop with no problem. (great fun btw!)

It's amazing you keep updating older games, thank you!

MarjutFB

Postby MarjutFB » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:49 am

The current beta was released last Friday. Every time there is a new beta period you have to opt to it separately to get the new branch and the updates for it.

If Trine 2 works withot problems Trine Enchanted Edition should work as well, but yes let me know if you run into any trouble with it. (Also glad to hear you liked Trine 2!) :)

Cheers!

fertant

Postby fertant » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:41 pm

I just had opportunity to try your suggestion. It does work :)

It was just a case of me not noticing that I have to enrol to beta again. Thank you for your help. I will go back to enjoying a nice coop game of Trine!

Return to “Trine”