Success and Mac?

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
Windläufer

Success and Mac?

Postby Windläufer » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:37 pm

Hello,

I have two questions,
first, are you guys statisfied with the sales figures? Did you expect more / less? Why I ask? People write, "Promise I buy" or something else. I just wanne know if this is just talk or the truth.
second, until now I didn't read about a upcoming mac / linux version. Do you have something planed?

sincerely
Christian

Mr. ShadowStealer

Re: Success and Mac?

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:09 pm

It's satisfied. ;)

And yeah, I would like to hear devs' opinion too. :) Are you pleased how popular Trine has gotten or are you unpleased how everyone avoid it because "OMG IT COSTS 30€ I WON'T BUY IT."
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

Windläufer

Postby Windläufer » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:56 pm

Hello,

I hope i am not rude, if ask: is there no developer who is willing to answer my question.

I really love your game, I saw it once playing by a fellow student.
So please I need to know if there is a mac version.

Please, please :o)

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:04 pm

Sorry for missing the question, I only noticed the sales question, to which I can't give answer at the moment.

For Mac version, I've understood it's mostly about will there be PhysX for Mac.

dpanov

Postby dpanov » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:49 pm

Sorry for digging up a year-old topic, but I wanted to ask if there are any plans for releasing a Mac version (and maybe putting it on Steam)?
According to Wikipedia the PhysX engine and SDK are available for Mac.

So, any chance for us Mac gamers to enjoy this wonderful game? :roll:

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:30 pm

Unfortunately Wikipedia is 'wrong'. The important line is this: "Nvidia provides both the engine and SDK for free to Windows and Linux users and developers." PS3 is also free and Xbox 360 can be bought - but Mac is not yet available in any shape or form. As far as I know, all the PhysX-enabled Mac games that have been released have been developed with NVIDIA's help and they use some custom form of PhysX.

So, in short, Trine will be released for Mac after NVIDIA gets PhysX properly released on Mac (for users and developers).

Great avatar btw. ;)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

dpanov

Postby dpanov » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:47 pm

Duh, shame on NVIDIA.

Thanks. :)

Elvick

Postby Elvick » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:24 am

Still hoping that something happens so that you guys can put it on Mac. I prefer to use it for games if at all possible, but luckily have access to both.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:00 pm

Well, there is now some light at the end of the tunnel now, so there may be some news within a few months regarding this (but this is not a promise, all kinds of things can go wrong). :wink:
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

dpanov

Postby dpanov » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:46 pm

Wohoo :) Great news!

thenewguy

Postby thenewguy » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:05 am

On the topic of other operating systems, I'd like to make a request for a Linux version. I tried out the demo on a friend's computer and loved it, but have been unable to get it running on my own (Linux) machine. I tried using Wine for and the Steam platforms for emulation. The game technically loads under Wine, but the screen is all black with just the text of the menus showing. Sooooo close.

At any rate, I would love to see Trine (and the upcoming Trine 2) ported to Linux, please. If I can get the demos running on my own computer, I'll happily buy copies of the full version(s).

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:44 am

Yeah, what I heard Wine can't handle rendering very well and Trine is mostly rendering so that would explain the black screen.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

ledomira

Postby ledomira » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:30 am

I'd second the motion for a linux version, but I already have the PS3 version. Specifically, I use Crunchbang (based on Debian). So, a deb installer would work just fine.

Return to “Trine”