Problem with the "Master collector" trophy

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
Weaky
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:21 am

Problem with the "Master collector" trophy

Postby Weaky » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:28 am

Hello everyone!
First, let me thank Frozenbyte for this amazing game, a brilliant tribute to some of my favourite "old school" games.
I have it on PS3, and like a lot of other players, i love chasing trophies. I did so with Trine, and i know almost have them all, but i have a strange problem with the "Master collector" one. See, i have each and every level trophy, meaning i've collected each and every vials of experience through the 15 levels. I also collected every "enemies" experience. But the "Master collector" trophy stays locked. When i check my save datas, i see a strange thing : it says that i only have 398 vials out of the 400. But, again, i have each and every level trophy... Anyone here with a similar problem? Or, better, a solution to fix it?
Thank everyone!

User avatar
FB_Lauri
Posts: 903
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:51 pm

Re: Problem with the "Master collector" trophy

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:39 am

Are the two experience potions missing from a certain level and are those level or enemy experience? Which level it is?

Weaky
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:21 am

Re: Problem with the "Master collector" trophy

Postby Weaky » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:51 am

No, when i check level by level, it's said i have everything everywhere. The two missing vials are only mentioned (or not mentioned!) in the total datas of the save, the ones we can access by the "choose another save" option. And they are missing in the "level vials" section.

Beeth
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: Problem with the "Master collector" trophy

Postby Beeth » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:33 pm

I seem to have somewhat related problem: in "Throne of the Lost King" level I opened two chests (I went through level again and saw them opened, and cannot open them again, of course), yet stats say "secrets 1/2" and I cannot get trophy for completing this level. :-(
I'll play again on new save to hopefully get it.

Agriel
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:27 am

Re: Problem with the "Master collector" trophy

Postby Agriel » Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:28 pm

Beeth wrote:I seem to have somewhat related problem: in "Throne of the Lost King" level I opened two chests (I went through level again and saw them opened, and cannot open them again, of course), yet stats say "secrets 1/2" and I cannot get trophy for completing this level. :-(
I'll play again on new save to hopefully get it.

not all chests in the game are secrets, some are just skills or things that are like upgrades, secrets are the items that you collect.
Image

User avatar
FB_Lauri
Posts: 903
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:51 pm

Re: Problem with the "Master collector" trophy

Postby FB_Lauri » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:47 pm

Agriel wrote:
Beeth wrote:I seem to have somewhat related problem: in "Throne of the Lost King" level I opened two chests (I went through level again and saw them opened, and cannot open them again, of course), yet stats say "secrets 1/2" and I cannot get trophy for completing this level. :-(
I'll play again on new save to hopefully get it.

not all chests in the game are secrets, some are just skills or things that are like upgrades, secrets are the items that you collect.


Oh yes, this might be the case here. Sorry for the confusion.

Beeth
Posts: 3
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:43 pm

Re: Problem with the "Master collector" trophy

Postby Beeth » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:19 pm

Agriel wrote:
Beeth wrote:I seem to have somewhat related problem: in "Throne of the Lost King" level I opened two chests (I went through level again and saw them opened, and cannot open them again, of course), yet stats say "secrets 1/2" and I cannot get trophy for completing this level. :-(
I'll play again on new save to hopefully get it.

not all chests in the game are secrets, some are just skills or things that are like upgrades, secrets are the items that you collect.


It was third, hidden chest after all. :)

B1GG1N
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:07 pm

Re: Problem with the "Master collector" trophy

Postby B1GG1N » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:42 pm

Weaky wrote:See, i have each and every level trophy, meaning i've collected each and every vials of experience through the 15 levels. I also collected every "enemies" experience. But the "Master collector" trophy stays locked. When i check my save datas, i see a strange thing : it says that i only have 398 vials out of the 400. But, again, i have each and every level trophy...

My apologies for resurrecting such an old thread, but I too have come across this same issue. My problem is exactly the same. I have all the individual level experience trophies and even the "Treasure Hunter" trophy for having found all secrets. A perusal of each level's stats under the "Choose Level" option reflects that I have found all experience (both level and enemies) and secrets. However. when I examine my save file it reflexs that I have only found 396/400 level experience. I assume this is why the "Master Collector" trophy is still locked, but what is the solution? I appreciate any and all help that is given.

User avatar
FB_Lauri
Posts: 903
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:51 pm

Re: Problem with the "Master collector" trophy

Postby FB_Lauri » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:31 pm

B1GG1N wrote:My apologies for resurrecting such an old thread, but I too have come across this same issue. My problem is exactly the same. I have all the individual level experience trophies and even the "Treasure Hunter" trophy for having found all secrets. A perusal of each level's stats under the "Choose Level" option reflects that I have found all experience (both level and enemies) and secrets. However. when I examine my save file it reflexs that I have only found 396/400 level experience. I assume this is why the "Master Collector" trophy is still locked, but what is the solution? I appreciate any and all help that is given.


I guess we are talking about PSN version? Which one, EU or US version?

Also, just to be sure, do you have a Master trophy from each level, for example "Academy Master" and so forth, all way to "Tower Master"? Master Collector requires the other master trophies from each level.

While a bug is not completely ruled out, our font has proven to be problematic especially with numbers 3 and 5 being very very similar to each other. Please make sure this is not the case here.

B1GG1N
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:07 pm

Re: Problem with the "Master collector" trophy

Postby B1GG1N » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:19 pm

I appreciate the quick response, forgive my belated one. I own the US PSN version and have all the trophies save the following:

What's next? - Complete the entire game on Very Hard difficulty
All Boxes and No Play... - Create 500 objects in a single level
Better Than Developers! - Complete Tower of Sarek without any deaths on Very Hard difficulty
Way Out of the Trine - Earn all Trophies in Trine
and obviously Master Collector - Collect all experience in the game

...which you can see should be unlocked. As stated in my first post, each level's stats (not to mention the unlocked trophies) reflect I have all the experience (both level and enemy), however my save file only reflexs that I have found 396/400 level experience. Again, any assistance is greatly appreciated.

User avatar
fb_joel
Site Admin
Posts: 2482
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:14 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Problem with the "Master collector" trophy

Postby fb_joel » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:28 pm

It's likely that one or two levels have not registered correctly, despite giving you the Trophies...

The easiest thing to check this would be to send your PS3 savegame file to me ([email protected] ) and we'll check if this is the case. You can copy the PS3 savegames to an USB memory stick quite easily, and then just e.g. zip the folder named "PS3" on the memory stick and send to me. This would be the easiest way.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

User avatar
godjonez
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:12 pm
Location: Joensuu, Finland
Contact:

Re: Problem with the "Master collector" trophy

Postby godjonez » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:25 pm

I had this same problem on Trine bought from Steam. According to Steam statistics, I have all the "Master" trophies and the in-game level selector displays all experience collected on each level. Now that I wanted to confirm what it says in game, a miracle happened; when I started the game, I got awarded the Master Collector achievement. So I guess it resolved itself.

User avatar
fb_joel
Site Admin
Posts: 2482
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:14 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Problem with the "Master collector" trophy

Postby fb_joel » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:02 pm

Yes, Master Collector sometimes pops up a little late.

Also, if you're missing an experience potion and can't see where it is, you can open the game console by pressing F8 and writing "d_next_shard" (without quotations) and press enter, and the game should show you the "next" experience bottle.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

wallacemp
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:19 pm

Re: Problem with the "Master collector" trophy

Postby wallacemp » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:30 pm

Hy,
I had a similar problem with my save. I happene when I finished the game, but I hadnt caught all secret (I missed one). But to my surprise, after i finished the game, the number of secrets for phase turned into zero. So, i entered in the phases to get them again, but the chests appear opened.
Could you help me?

User avatar
fb_joel
Site Admin
Posts: 2482
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:14 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Problem with the "Master collector" trophy

Postby fb_joel » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:24 pm

wallacemp wrote:Hy,
I had a similar problem with my save. I happene when I finished the game, but I hadnt caught all secret (I missed one). But to my surprise, after i finished the game, the number of secrets for phase turned into zero. So, i entered in the phases to get them again, but the chests appear opened.
Could you help me?

Unfortunately this is the same problem as in this thread. It only happens on the US PS3 version and in some rare cases for some European PS3 versions too. At the moment there is no fix. :(
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Killuuaa
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: Problem with the "Master collector" trophy

Postby Killuuaa » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:10 pm

Hi !



I saw you are a developers of Trine and I have a problem in Trine .

I finished the level 4 (cemetery) with all the experience but I had'nt the trophy correspondent but after, I do some other levels I had the correspondents trophys.

Today, I took all the experience in the level 5 and I hav'nt the trophy . I saw a lot of posts but it's for US version and I am in the EU :/ .

Have you got a solution ?



Thanks a lot :smileyhappy: !





PS : Sorry for bad English I am French .

User avatar
fb_joel
Site Admin
Posts: 2482
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:14 pm
Location: Finland

Re: Problem with the "Master collector" trophy

Postby fb_joel » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:35 pm

I think you should double-check that you really got all the experience vials.. Sometimes the fonts make it hard to see (for example 33 can look like 35, and so on). I hope this is it...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team


Return to “Trine”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests