Thanks for buying Trine!

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
fb_joel
Site Admin

Thanks for buying Trine!

Postby fb_joel » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:59 pm

Hello everyone,

I'd like to take this moment to thank everyone who has bought Trine. It means a lot to us, not only for obvious financial reasons but for reassuring us that the road we have chosen is the right one. A special thanks goes out to all those who bought the game at launch, because the first weeks proved that Trine was going to be more successful than our earlier games (the Shadowgrounds series), validating all the hard work we did to make the game great and successful too. We have been happy with the sales of the game, and of course with the reception as well. There's always a few things you'd like to do differently in hindsight (like the last level) but overall we are happy with the game and quite proud of it too.

On the financial side, for the first time in our 7-year history we're getting closer to a situation where we can finally do things the way we want... This gives us a lot of options for the future and enables us to do certain things that were not possible before. We need to make less sacrifices and compromises, for one. Ultimately it means better games.

And speaking of games, I can say that there will be more Trine in the future. Before that happens though, we have something totally different coming up in mid-2010 and that's getting us very excited! It's been in development for two years so I'm getting the same kind of adrenaline rush feelings that we had when we were preparing to announce Trine in December 2008... Can't wait!

None of this would be possible if it wasn't for everyone who bought Trine (and the Shadowgrounds games too!). So, once more, thanks for buying Trine! We hope you've enjoyed it. :)

- Joel, Frozenbyte team
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Mr. ShadowStealer

Re: Thanks for buying Trine!

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:36 pm

Thanks to you for providing us with unique and original games. Well... At least original. Platformer genre isn't that unique anymore. :lol:

If you look at the EA their games are just bad because they are so common and about common things. Your game ideas are fresh and original. =)
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

vicj4

Postby vicj4 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:04 pm

I decided to register just to tell you THANKS for this amazing game! I haven’t had time to play as much as I would like due to my dental residency is very time consuming, but when I tried the Trine demo (for PS3) I knew I had to buy it. It is been an incredible experience, specially the medieval atmosphere which I like it very much, and the coop mode option simply great. I cannot stop recommending this game to my colleagues and friends.
Thanks again for such a fantastic game, and I am definitely looking forward to your next project (and of course more of TRINE!!!) :D
Hope to see more of your work soon
Take care and happy New Year!

phnomphen

Postby phnomphen » Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:19 pm

I'm really looking forward to your new game. As I had some problems with the german gamesload edition, I even bought the game twice, so I could finally patch it and play coop mode with my fellas. No other game has been such much fun fighting together side by side and really being dependent on team play. Trine evenings are now a repetitve event. Luckily, your courage to be innovative was rewarded with good sales. Keep up the good work and please don't try obsessively to focus on the mainstrEAm.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:03 am

Thanks guys. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

MortenHN

Postby MortenHN » Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:35 am

I also registred just to say thank you for your great games, im so happy about the news that there deffently will be more Trine, cant wait! on a side note i would like to mention that i just bought Shadowground Survivor on stream witch means that i now own all 3 games you made under frozenbyte. and i can 100% promish you guys that no matter what you release i will buy it, love your games love your work keeep it up, really looking forward to hearing about your new project, ill bet it will be awesome. And remember to bring me more Trine im adicted! :)

Best Regards
Morten From Denmark!

uhland

Postby uhland » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:39 am

Thank you for making the game!!

So many times I buy games only to be dissapointed and loose interest.
Trine was a great surprise and a pleasure to play.

I'm glad to see it doing so well on steam.
Last I looked its #1 for the top games under $10 on their holiday sale.

Prior to this I was unaware of Frozenbyte.
I will be watching and wiating for your next release.

Any chance for a MMO?

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:22 am

At the moment Trine's at 5th position at top sellers during Steam's holiday sales. ;) Earlier today it was at 3rd position. Not bad at all. :D

Also ATM it's on the number ONE position at "Games under 10€" sales. That's pretty impressive. :D It even beats GTA IV, Garry's mod and Company of Heroes Gold edition pack.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

fize4ever

Postby fize4ever » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:32 pm

thank YOU for making trine :wink:

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:10 am

We're very happy with the sales right now, it's nice that the support and feedback we get is also shown on the sales side of things. It really helps our future games. :)

(We probably won't do MMO games in the near future, it's not our strong point currently. :wink: )
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

druida

Postby druida » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:37 pm

I bought the boxed PC version and I thought the best I've played in recent years.
Thank you for creating this super original and fun game.
Ahh, and thanks for the translation to my language, Spanish.
Greetings from Spain.

Return to “Trine”