PSN vs Steam pricing

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
baggend

PSN vs Steam pricing

Postby baggend » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:50 am

I was just about to pick this game up on Steam after a friend's recommendation when I found out that it was also available on PSN. Since I use my PS3 a heck of a lot more than I start up Windows on my machine I decided I'd just get it for PS3. But after finding it in the PSN store, I noticed that it's selling for $19.99, while Steam has it for $7.99! As far as I know, it's the same game on both platforms, so I'm just wondering where the price difference is?

I love playing games made by independent shops and would gladly pay a little bit extra for the convenience of playing on PS3, but at 2.5 X the price? That's a bit steep. Given that your site still shows it as $19.99 I'm assuming that the Steam price drop was pretty recent, so I'm hoping that maybe the price will drop on PSN soon as well?

fize4ever

Re: PSN vs Steam pricing

Postby fize4ever » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:51 am

first of all i bought it for 12,99$ on the eu store (saudi arabia so not too sure but we usually get eu versions)
it's on discount now and will end in jun 8 so better hurry it up :roll:
second do i need to say more then this (PLATINUM!)
not only you'll have more reply value for this AMAZING game but also you will support an awesome devolper to make a new
so tell me baggend can you pull it off and beat the devolper and force him to give you a trophy or you'll stick with the very hard trophy :wink:

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:36 am

Yeah as said, the Steam price was a holiday discount for a short while and it's now back at the 19,99€.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

fize4ever

Postby fize4ever » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:18 am

Mr. ShadowStealer wrote:Yeah as said, the Steam price was a holiday discount for a short while and it's now back at the 19,99€.

so it is 19,99€ on steam ?

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:13 pm

Yes.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

Return to “Trine”