I joined for the sole purpose of.....

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
Ardoreal

I joined for the sole purpose of.....

Postby Ardoreal » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:52 am

Raving about how much I love Trine. Seldom do I come across a game with such good taste and wonderful artwork. When I tried the demo on my PS3, the moment I saw the thief outside the Arcane University I fell in love with this artwork, and then proceeded to enjoy nearly every moment from that point in. The artwork is some of the best and most beautiful out there. The audio is extremely well composed and suits the mood and style of this game superbly. This concatenation of different elements in such a tasteful way was awesome. The purple hues, the fiery dungeons, and the foreboding forests. The color palette for this game is broad and beautiful. It tickles the eye. I paid extra attention to the credits when they rolled too, because I wanted to know who it was that put this masterful work together.

Very few games imprint their mark on me so deeply and with such a lasting effect. I will be thinking about Trine for many years now.

The music is so pleasing to my ears and to my soul. There are many philosophers and luminaries who talk about music strumming the soul and Trine's music does this. In combination with the actions onscreen this engrosses me, and for the time I play this I am truly in Trine's world. I absolutely love it when a developer emphasizes on audio. Some of the best games I play are the ones where the developers look at the audio as a significant element in the experience. While playing Trine I could absolutely tell that FrozenByte really wanted the audio in this game to make its mark. I knew that you people groked it.

I have bought this for the PS3 and then bought it again for the PC. If you folks ever made an Android or iPhone version, I'd get both as well. Trine is a better game than some $50 games. It is my personal opinion that this game is very much underrated, even amongst the most favorable reviews. This game is perfect, with little to no room for improvement, no changes are needed.

You've got a fan for life. FrozenByte is most DEFINITELY on my radar now and I emphatically rave about you.
With love,
-Ardoreal

fize4ever

Re: I joined for the sole purpose of.....

Postby fize4ever » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:56 am

lol i just made a thread just a minutes ago just like you
boy this company is on a roll and it tottaly deserve it :)

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:04 am

We are proud of Trine and happy with how it turned out - and needless to say very happy about how much people enjoy it, so thank you very much. :) It's not really perfect in our opinion but I guess we need something to aspire to. Maybe we can get a little closer to perfection in the future. :mrgreen:
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

fize4ever

Postby fize4ever » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:22 pm

fb_joel wrote:We are proud of Trine and happy with how it turned out - and needless to say very happy about how much people enjoy it, so thank you very much. :) It's not really perfect in our opinion but I guess we need something to aspire to. Maybe we can get a little closer to perfection in the future. :mrgreen:

honestly the game was no where near perfect to me, but it's simplism makes it very stunningly beautiful :) , you can't imagine the headech that i get from my other games, really no jokes once i got thump broken and had to buy a new controller because of resdint evil 5, one day i bought trine just because i heard it had a not too hard trophies but then i felt very relaxed, puzzles were actually fun, and not to forget the soothing music that make me very relaxed, last and not least the amazing reply value where i am on my 4 playthrough (please don't say i'm a freak :mrgreen: )
when i made my thank you thread that's when i relaized that this is more then an easy platinum

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:40 pm

Hehheh. You're not a freak if even I'm not a freak. ;)

(I have played Hostile Waters 69 times through, or a bit more, I lost track of playthroughs on the 64th time. Maybe I should make it to 70th time one day and make a video "Let's play Hostile Waters." :D )
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

mickey606

Postby mickey606 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:25 am

same here :) joined for the sole purpose of begging for Trine 2 :) this game is just mindboggling on the senses , it grabbed me and guided me back to my childhood, emotions and everything. few games actually managed to ever do that , aside from Okami , this one is a true gem. bloody well done guys ! :D

Return to “Trine”