Blu-ish Screen Problems

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
MrIronFace

Blu-ish Screen Problems

Postby MrIronFace » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:48 am

I just Downloaded Trine.... I was very excited to play it, but im having serious problems with even getting the game to run correctly. The whole screen is blue and the game is choppy to an unbearable level...

I have a decent graphics card (the minimum one that the steam page says is nessasary), 2 gigs of ram, And plenty of hard drive space. so i dont think it's my computer, but i could be wrong.

I have an example picture right here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4248993219/

Dont get me wrong, I'm REALLY excited to play the game, but i need help working out the kinks first :|

Thank you all in advance!

fize4ever

Re: Blu-ish Screen Problems

Postby fize4ever » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:17 am

man that's bad :(
but no problem joel will help you in no time :wink:

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:21 pm

Seems like your graphic card is either overheating or some features of the game are really messing it up.

Does all the other games run on it just fine?

I would suggest to dust up your computer and do a good clean to it and especially to the graphic card.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

MrIronFace

Postby MrIronFace » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:01 am

yeah.. Ive got other games one here, but i suppose trine is probably the most graphics intensive one. (the otheres are like counter strike, torchlight, Garrys mod, etc) and those run just fine. I figured my card wasnt good enough so i turned all the setting to minimum and the res to 800x600 and it's still just as choppy and ... well, blue. :(

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:25 pm

Hmm... I'm sorry but I can't think of any other reasons anymore for that. You just have to wait till Lauri or Joel drops by and starts to investigate this.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:53 am

Sorry for the delay.

Try to run the game with Very Low settings in the Launcher, and make sure antialiasing is Disabled in the Advanced menu. Let me know if that helps. It would also be useful to know what graphics card you have, the exact model. There's a couple of ways to get this info, you can get it from System information in the Control Panel at least (it's behind a few buttons though).
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

MrIronFace

Postby MrIronFace » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:06 am

Nvidia GeForce FX 5200... So I guess it's kind of outdated...

Also, I tried with those settings and the blue lines got diagonal... But it was less choppy so that's a plus.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:08 pm

I've got some bad news - the game won't run properly with the FX 5200 card. Sorry. :( It's close as you can see but it just doesn't have the required features the game needs. I suggest trying the game again later if you upgrade your computer at some point. I'll also PM/email you.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Trine”