co-op???

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
vincedea

co-op???

Postby vincedea » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:21 am

hey guys i just bought this game on steam and i was wondering if the co-op is for the steam version since on the steam website it says it has co-op. but then my gf and i cant play together? or is the co-op only for the consoles. if it is i am disappointed that i wont be able to play with my : gf :(

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: co-op???

Postby fb_joel » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:43 pm

Trine has local co-op in all versions. If you were looking for online/LAN co-op then unfortunately it's not possible.

Local co-op can be started in the second level after the tutorial, and you need either a gamepad or another set of keyboard/mouse. It's configured in the Options -> Controller configuration screen in the menu. Let me know if this helps.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

vincedea

Postby vincedea » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:59 pm

ahhhh ic that helps thanks alot. you guys should make it online/ lan co-op LOL

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:03 pm

I think you devs should rename it to hotseat coop or something like that so people won't think it means online coop. =)
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

Saturn2888

Postby Saturn2888 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:28 am

Co-op always refers to the game being played with another person regardless of the method of play. In fact, it's moreso needed to say Online Co-op instead of hotseat co-op, whatever that means. It's almost as if the online co-op folks feel entitled to the co-op word and created another one for the original method of co-op which most game developers no longer support. Best thing I can say is get some friends :lol:. Just kidding. I know how difficult it is to find people to sit down and play a game with you these days even though it seems like more and more people are gaming.

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:59 pm

Hotseat gamemode means that all players sit in front of the same computer and use the same keyboard and mouse to control their players or characters. For instance, Worms armageddon features this way of playing. I think this word is pretty much forgotten now because usually games require too complicated button binds to be able to be played on the same keyboard and mouse. Or games simply don't support turn based playing anymore.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

Saturn2888

Postby Saturn2888 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:59 am

Haha, I was able to pull the meaning out of context.I was merely noting it's a stupid made-up word which came about because some people are trying to change gaming terminology to suit their needs and confuse the rest of us..

Return to “Trine”