Disable Hud, ps3 version

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
ledomira

Disable Hud, ps3 version

Postby ledomira » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:01 am

Hello,

In all of the screenshots of Trine on the Trine website, there is no hud. However, when I play the game, there is. I don't use it and was wondering, how do I turn it off?

I'm playing the ps3 version.

Other than that, Trine is one of the best games I've ever played.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Disable Hud, ps3 version

Postby fb_joel » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:27 pm

Unfortunately this is not possible in the PS3 version. It's possible in the PC version by using some console commands (hideGUI, enableControls) but not in the PS3 version. Sorry!

(We'll try to make the Trine 2 hud much better though, if that's any consolation.)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

ledomira

Postby ledomira » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:17 am

Is there a console in the PS3 version that I can enable somehow? I don't mind connecting a keyboard to do that. I've tried connecting one and pressing the tilde key (like in pc games), but that didn't do anything. I'm guessing you probably use a developer's PS3 to access the console, but I don't know all the specifics.

If the console can't be accessed on the PS3, would it be possible to bind a key to the hideGUI command and release a patch (like the down on the d-pad or clicking one of the sticks or another button that isn't used?)

If there will be a way to disable the hud in Trine 2, that is a consolation. If you can, some hud options besides enable/disable that would be nice is a fading hud that appears briefly when changing characters and then disappears in a second or two, a hud transparency option, and a hud size and location option. Actually, if you had a hud transparency option, you wouldn't need the option to enable / disable the hud. For fading huds, games like that are FEAR, Uncharted, and Gears of War. A time to fade option would be nice too. If all that is too much to code, I'd choose the transparency option first, then the fading hud option.

Thanks

Lucas W

Postby Lucas W » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:10 am

The console on the PC is accessed with F8, so you could try that on the PS3 version.

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:28 am

I think Joel or Lauri said in another thread that it's not possible to hide the HUD in Trine on PS3 version but I don't know about if you tried it with a keyboard...
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:57 am

Unfortunately the PS3 version doesn't have any developer commands or other cheats available, we purposefully disabled them (which is pretty common, as the console manufacturers don't really like those special things). We're not going to patch in any such functionality either, sorry!

Trine 2 will have a better user interface, and I think we'll use some kind of fading. That's the current trend too, heh. But yeah it will be much better.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

qianan

Postby qianan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:49 am

s there a console in the PS3 version that I can enable somehow? I don't mind connecting a keyboard to do that. I've tried connecting one and pressing the tilde key (like in pc games), but that didn't do anything. I'm guessing you probably use a developer's PS3 to access the console, but I don't know all the specifics.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:54 pm

The version you buy from PSN is a so called "final release" and it does not have any debug features included. During development we use a debug version which has the ingame console enabled and allows various things, but for release we strip all those out (I think it's also required by the console manufacturers for safety measures). Sorry!
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Trine”