Trine PSN EUR 1.02

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
grazina

Trine PSN EUR 1.02

Postby grazina » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:46 pm

Hello.

Yesterday when starting Trine, it asked me to update to version 1.02. It was something like 55mb. I did expecting some glitches and the new level to be available but nothing. When I went to the choose level menu there was nothing there.
Should I start a new game and then the new level will appear, or is this new patch simply not the same as the 1.07 for the pc. When completing the Tower of Sarek and then cutting to main menu the music from the credits remained playing so I wonder what was included in this patch. Should I delete all my savegames and re-download the game and let it be updated to version 1.02 before starting a new game to enjoy the new features.
I did not see anyone mention anything about it here so I'm like really confused as to what this actually brought to the game. So far it is the same. Pity

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Trine PSN EUR 1.02

Postby fb_joel » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:42 pm

So it's been released, thanks for letting us know. :)

This patch is different than the PC 1.07 patch, but within a couple of weeks it should become 'complete'. The patch itself includes a couple of minor tweaks, but indeed nothing immediately obvious.

And before anyone asks, yes, the US version should get the same stuff too this time around, shouldn't be that far off now...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Erroneux

Postby Erroneux » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:05 am

So there will be a 1.03? :)

Sounds good about the US patch.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:00 pm

Well, it should make sense within a week or two (for Europe at least but I seriously hope the US isn't too far behind this time). It's not exactly how we wanted things to go but it's close enough... So let's just wait. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

grazina

Postby grazina » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:12 pm

Can you tell us what exactly was added in this new 1.02 patch for European users?
I'm not seeing any improvements whatsoever in any part of the game.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Well I'm not even 100% sure myself, but I imagine it's these:

* adds failsafe for unlocking Very Hard difficulty
* fixes a respawn bug in Iron Forge (co-op) near the first gate
* fixes a rare crash when the player touches a falling rock as it breaks (Crystal Caverns)
* fixes a rare crash when a water splash effect is played while the player exits to menus
* fixes a rare bug that occurred when the player switched characters and died simultaneously
* fixes final boss animations sometimes not working properly (Tower of Sarek)
* fixes a co-op respawn bug with the last checkpoint (Tower of Sarek)
* fixes a collision issue in the Iron Forge level (caused the Thief to take damage from lava)
* fixes several oxygen gauge bugs
* fixes autoaim bugs in Tower of Sarek
* fixes the Boots item to work properly (reduces spike/goo damage)
* fixes random failure of overwriting save slots in the New Game menu
* fixes Credits section names

So just a bunch of technical fixes which we fixed for PC a bit earlier. The patch is more meaningful to US players who get the earlier 1.01 patch and its adjustments (e.g. the last level, Trophy icons, etc).
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Erroneux

Postby Erroneux » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:56 am

I'm impressed you released a patch this late, nicely done! Looking forward to 1.03 or whatever will make it "complete" and off course Trine 2 :)

Wowbagger

Postby Wowbagger » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:40 pm

Thanks for the patch, but it's disappointing that you haven't fixed the reversed stereo. I have the Platinum and enjoyed your game a great deal (definitely getting the sequel), but it was a major bummer having sounds coming from the wrong speaker, especially the skeleton spawn sfx.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:30 pm

Sorry to hear that. We have tried a few times to figure out the reason for the reverse sounds - from what we know, it occurs to something like 0,1% of Trine players (which is still quite a bunch). We've never been able to get it happen on our systems/setups so it's been hard to find the cause. Curiously, it hasn't happened on PC at all, so it's PS3 specific for some reason. At this point it looks like we're not going to look into the issue anymore unless someone finds out a clear hardware setup that makes it happen (if I remember right there was one user who said it happened to him no matter what hardware setup he used, i.e. TV speakers or full sound system). Just out of curiosity, do you have the old "fat" PS3 model? I think that's been the case for all the ones we've got reports from, although I wouldn't draw any permanent conclusions from that.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Wowbagger

Postby Wowbagger » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:52 am

I've tried outputting audio through HDMI to my TV's speakers and through phono to my amp with the same result.

My PS3 is indeed the old "fat" model -- a PAL, 80 GB unit bought autumn 2008. I've played a lot of games on the system and Trine is the only one that outputs stereo audio reversed

It's understandable that you can't keep trying to fix this issue. I hope it won't plague Trine 2 as well, though.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:47 pm

Thanks for the info. The issue won't plague Trine 2 because we'll be using a different sound system, so hopefully things go smooth... Here's hoping at least. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Mr. ShadowStealer

Postby Mr. ShadowStealer » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:37 pm

Or you could include "reverse stereo" option in options menu just in case. ;) Some games have this.
Not all of you have äää's and ööö's :P

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:44 pm

Hah, that's a good one. :) I'll add it to our Trine 2 small feature wishlist, who knows if it ends up in the game too. I have no idea what its use is other than to fix a similar bug, but maybe it's useful in some other ways too. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Trine”