Trine DLC out on PSN

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
zeeZ

Re: Trine DLC out on PSN

Postby zeeZ » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:58 am

fb_joel wrote:start saving for Trine 2 pre-order, that's the easiest way. 8)

Preorders on PSN? I'll buy two if it's a boxed PS3 collector's edition with pewter miniatures :P
\tpun
(pun indented)

Erroneux

Postby Erroneux » Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:00 am

No DLC for US PSN this week, let's hope for next week then :(

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:57 am

Erroneux wrote:No DLC for US PSN this week, let's hope for next week then :(

Due to some miscommunication it is my understanding that the DLC is coming in August in US. Lets all hope that means early August! :D

Erroneux

Postby Erroneux » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:45 am

Oki cool, got a very hard playthrough to finish first anyway :)

Erroneux

Postby Erroneux » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:48 am

Trine DLC ($0.99)
Download the new level for Trine, “Path to New Dawn”, to extend the adventure.
File size: 100 KB

Yay \o/

Mobius1138

Postby Mobius1138 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:02 am

Hi Joel,

bought the DLC, (already had the DLC and Trine on PC, but you guys rock, so I like supporting you guys :D)...anyway, it was my understanding that there would be a patch with the DLC (1.02??) that would make Tower of Sarek easier again by removing the skeletons. The skeletons are still there after getting the DLC and my version is still 1.01.

Maybe I misunderstood (or wishfull, desperate thinking haha), if so, I apologize.

Later guys. :)

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:20 pm

Glad to see it launched in early August and not later. :)

The skeletons should not be there on the Very Hard difficulty setting (to make the Trophy like it was when the game first launched) but they will be there on other difficulty levels. But I could be wrong, it's getting hard to keep track of the changes and the different versions. :lol:
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Mobius1138

Postby Mobius1138 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:13 pm

Haha, I bet it can a logistic nightmare trying to keep track of everything!

I double checked my settings for Trine, here's what I currently have:

* Just downloaded DLC (Path to New Dawn)
* US version 1.01
* Tower of Sarek on Very Hard == skeletons

Was the US version suppose to update to 1.02 with the DLC?

Mobius1138

Postby Mobius1138 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:07 am

Is anybody else having the same problem?

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:08 pm

I just confirmed that what you wrote is indeed "correct". The skeletons are there on all difficulties in all the PSN versions. Me and my knowledge of our own game, oops. :wink:

The US patch 1.01 is the same as EU patch 1.02, so they're both the same. The DLC requires the patch (US 1.01 or EU 1.02).
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Nakiro

Postby Nakiro » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:21 pm

I found a problem on the new level.

If you collect the Secret potions, and then you die, you will never be able to collect that secret potion again..
It will replace it with a Magic Potion and it won't count towards your final score to pick up the Secret potions..

So if you pick up 9 of them, and then you die, you will never be able to get all 10 potions, rather only one.. this happened on both of my PS3, not a big problem for me cause I have my saves backed up but those who don't, will never be able to have all 10 collected... unless it's only an issue for me.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:01 pm

Actually you only need to collect the purple potions once, so if you have 9 collected, you just need to find the last one, and then you have 10/10. They don't have to be collected in one playthrough. I think/hope this is how it works for you too. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Elvick

Postby Elvick » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:20 am

Finally got it about a week ago. Didn't really need to get it, since I bought the PC version of Trine on Steam... but I wanted to support FB so I got it anyway. I loved it. Though, I can't for the life of me remember where all the potions are found them with ease on the PC version. lol

Riskbreaker

Postby Riskbreaker » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:12 am

fb_joel wrote:Actually you only need to collect the purple potions once, so if you have 9 collected, you just need to find the last one, and then you have 10/10. They don't have to be collected in one playthrough. I think/hope this is how it works for you too. :)

Hello joel. I just downloaded the DLC level from the PSN store and played through it. I noticed, though, that much like the poster above me the game was not keeping accurate tabs on the secrets I found throughout that level. Even though I have found every purple potion in that level, the counter is permanently set at 3/10. I tried getting them again but that didn't do anything--and what's worse is that the game somehow reset my collection rates on ALL secrets. Meaning that the game thinks that I've obtained 0/26 secrets when I've actually found all of them. While I still have all of my secret items the game doesn't think I do, which could affect trophies.

Ultimately this means that for 99cents my save file / progress has been corrupted. I don't think there's anyway to fix what's been done, but its a pretty serious glitch that ought to be addressed.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:35 pm

Riskbreaker wrote:I just downloaded the DLC level from the PSN store and played through it. I noticed, though, that much like the poster above me the game was not keeping accurate tabs on the secrets I found throughout that level. Even though I have found every purple potion in that level, the counter is permanently set at 3/10. I tried getting them again but that didn't do anything--and what's worse is that the game somehow reset my collection rates on ALL secrets. Meaning that the game thinks that I've obtained 0/26 secrets when I've actually found all of them. While I still have all of my secret items the game doesn't think I do, which could affect trophies.

Unfortunately this is indeed a bug (and not really related to the purple potions as such). There's a thread here that explains it all towards the end. I'm assuming you're in North America? At the moment, and at least for the short term, I'm not too hopeful of a fix for the North American version due to some issues that are our of our hands. Sorry. :(
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

mlrz

Postby mlrz » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:55 pm

Just finished & platiniumed the game and would be eager to get some more trine... but I can't seem to find the DLC from playstation store. Am I too late, has it already been deleted from the store? When I search for Trine, it only finds the game, demo and trailer...

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:39 pm

It should still be there - I think it's labeled "Add-on" or something. Are you using the EU or US Store (or something else)? I'm not sure if it's actually been released in other Stores than the EU and US ones, so that could be a reason too... Let me know.
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

mlrz

Postby mlrz » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:38 pm

I'm from Finland so I guess it's the EU store. I'll try to look again this weekend.

mlrz

Postby mlrz » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:15 am

Alright! Found it under PS3 Add-ons, thanks for the help :D Still I have very hard time understanding why I couldn't find the level by searching for "Trine"... Might be something you guys may want to figure out as it could be effecting the sales of this DLC. You almost lost one certain customer already but thanks to Joel I was able to buy it!

Oh and thanks for one of the best games in a long long time. Getting this much content for such a small price (€9,95) is very rare these days. Trine 2 is definitely a day one buy for me! :)

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:03 pm

I think we had the same search problem ourselves, so we're aware of it... Nothing we can do about it though, the PS Store is a bit of a mess when it comes to finding content. Glad you found it though, thanks for buying and the kind words. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

kostasmpyras

Postby kostasmpyras » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:24 am

thats the place where my commend on the DLC should go Joel... just the wrong post before :)

rinswind

Postby rinswind » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:35 pm

I'm desperately trying to find the DLC on the european PSN store. I'm from slovenia, but I think it should be the same as all other european stores. I searched and searched and looked everywhere but could not find it.

fb_joel
Site Admin

Postby fb_joel » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:15 pm

rinswind wrote:I'm desperately trying to find the DLC on the european PSN store. I'm from slovenia, but I think it should be the same as all other european stores. I searched and searched and looked everywhere but could not find it.

Sorry to hear. It can be a little difficult to find, and also I suspect that it could be possible that it hasn't been released for Slovenia - i have no idea why that would be, but who knows... I think your best bet is to email your local Sony distributor and ask them, or ask the publisher, Nobilis Games ( http://www.nobilis-games.com ). And of course double check all the things that have been discussed here earlier - try searching for it, for example. I hope you find it or at least find out why it's not available if that's the case...
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

Return to “Trine”