Trine: Screenshot/GUI Question

For discussion about Trine, firstly released in 2009 for Windows and on PlayStation Network.
LevelsAndGear

Trine: Screenshot/GUI Question

Postby LevelsAndGear » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:17 am

Is there a key to hide the GUI in Trine? I want to take a few screenshots, and many of the screenshots I've seen do not show the character avatars in the corner - But I can't seem to figure out how to get rid of it. Are people just cropping these images I am seeing?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Also, as a suggestion: I accidentally stumbled across the F11 for screenshot thing while reading the manual. May want to put that key in the options/keyboard commands for future games.

Thanks!

-LAG

fb_joel
Site Admin

Re: Trine: Screenshot/GUI Question

Postby fb_joel » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:40 am

Yeah there's a way to hide the user interface (PC version only).

Press the F8 key to bring up the console, and then write "hideGUI" without the quotes but case sensitive, and press enter. That should hide the GUI (it comes back with "showGUI" and if you want to play with the interface hidden, then write "enableControls" after hideGUI).

Hope this helps. :)
// Joel, Frozenbyte team

ledomira

Postby ledomira » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:03 am

I feel your pain man. This is one of the most beautiful games and one that you definitely want to take screenshots of to use as wallpaper. I've asked for the same thing, but I'm using the PS3 version. To allow me to turn it off, they'd have to patch the game with a new title release and pass through Sony approval for the entire game again, which they're not willing to do. It's a shame too.

They have promised to make a fading hud in Trine 2 though. The art style will change though, so no cool screenshots of Trine 1. I hope they include the option to completely turn it off as well. I'm actually going to ask someone with the PC version to take some screenshots of Fangle Forest for me.

FB_Lauri

Postby FB_Lauri » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:40 pm

There's some screenshots available at http://frozenbyte.com/press/press-trine/ (the first package has watermarks but the second doesn't). All shots are in HD resolution, and at quick look there was one shot from the forest level also :)

If you want more cool stuff, there's also some Trine 2 shots and other materials available at http://trine2.com/materials/ 8)

I'll ask our producers to add also full HD screenshots available (for Trine 2), as I'd guess those would be better wallpapers :)

Return to “Trine”